Three killed in scuffle at Bangkok's Mor Chit 2 bus terminal

webfact

Three killed in scuffle at Mor Chit 2 bus terminal

BANGKOK: -- Three men were killed and at least eight injured in a free-for-all between motorcycle taxi drivers and residents of a community at Mor Chit 2 (Chatuchak) bus terminal on New Year’s day.

Initial police report said that the two groups of people had a conflict before. Shortly after midnight, a group of residents of the Chatuchak community allegedly attacked the motorcycle taxi-drivers at the entrance to the bus terminal.

In the course of the scuffle, several gunshots were fired resulting to the death of two motorbike taxi drivers and one residents. Eight others from both sides were also injured.

Full story: http://englishnews.thaipbs.or.th/three-killed-scuffle-mor-chit-2-bus-terminal/

thaipbs_logo.jpg
-- Thai PBS 2014-01-01

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

idiotic reporting , so now MULTIPLE MURDERS are just a scuffle ....<deleted> we are living in a mental asylum blink.png

Maybe they didn't fire the guns, they just hit each other with them....

Edited by andygunther

Not much to say about quiet Thailand, I guess it is only an isolated incident I hope peace will return after a chaotic political event.

Not a chance...the genie is out of the bottle...you put those guns in the hands of such crazy ppl and hope they'll be more responsible? This is not an isolated case in wonderful Thailand. There were more cases in 2013 than you can count on your hands and feet.cheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gif

• Like 1

scuffle
ˈskʌf(ə)l/
noun
noun: scuffle; plural noun: scuffles
  1. 1.
    a short, confused fight or struggle at close quarters.
    "there were minor scuffles with police"
    synonyms: fight, struggle, tussle, brawl, fracas, rumpus, melee, free-for-all, rough and tumble, scrimmage, disturbance, brouhaha, commotion; More
    datedaffray;
    informalafters;
    informalrough house
    "there was a scuffle outside the pub"

However it seems here in Land of smiles it can also involve 3 murders !

Most of us are trying to keep a low profile and fly under the radar, to keep safe. Sad thing with nutcases roaming the streets, being in the wrong place at the wrong time can get you killed!!

Sometimes I wonder about the average IQ in this country! (Negative??whistling.gif )

• Like 2

Strange, I've never seen residents attack the local taxi rank with guns, killing the drivers, in my country, or any other country I've lived in.

But they aren't peaceful, moral, Buddhist Thais. So perhaps that is why.

• Like 1

Sounds like turf war not a "scuffle"

I wonder what the reason was.

Parking space, and the riders damaged a vehicle or vehicals that parked in 'their' declared spaces? Probably not as they don't need that much space.

• Like 1

It's a scuffle when the people who have little status and importance are killed.

Unfortunately, motorcycles may be one of the only reliable methods of getting around when the city gets shut down. Perhaps motorcycle taxi drivers deserve a little more social status.

It's a scuffle when the people who have little status and importance are killed.

Unfortunately, motorcycles may be one of the only reliable methods of getting around when the city gets shut down. Perhaps motorcycle taxi drivers deserve a little more social status.

they could get a little higher status if they stop speeding with their motosays by the side walk or in wrong way.

• Like 1