Annual 'retirement' extension, last page of passport free but...

Hi folks,

my (Australian, issued 2005) pport is definitely choc-a-block, but the last page is empty.

I was given a non-O visa in 2011, and that provides the basis for annual extensions (on the basis of retirement).

The non-O visa was stamped into the penultimate page of the passport, and some faint markings

from the ink of that stamp are visible on the reverse/last page.

When I applied for a re-entry permit some months ago, that was stamped elsewhere in the passport,

but the immigration official commented that the pport was full!

So my query

is it the usual practice for the reverse side of a non-O visa stamp to be considered unusable (due to ink seepage)?

[i'm flummoxed here 'coz I really don't wanna fork out another $AUD234 one year too soon].

Thanks in advance, Cheers, AA

I had ink seepage from a visa stamp and two immigrations officers chose that page for arrival and departure stamps, but placed them on the part of the page were the seepage was least pronounced, although my passport still had over 20 blank pages.

post-21260-0-38157400-1388788454_thumb.j

In your case, I guess it would be up to the immigration officer whether he considers that page suitable for the extension stamp. If he thinks logically, he will base his judgement on how legible the stamp will be despite the seepage from the reverse side of the page.

• Like 1