Pizzas in Pattaya

SirPaul

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well as there is still strong interest in this topic so I feel obliged to summarize it all so you can have the list to hand on your mobiles when you are out and about.

This time when I list the places I will also give the date posted so you can track the post and also see at a

glance how old the posting was - important when you want to consider how valid it is.

All updates welcome - please let me know where places are where I do not list addresses. Also the full name if you

have it. If any have ceased trading please let me know.

The next summarizing will be when enough new content has been contributed by you all.

1) "Casa Fellini" in Pattayaland opposite Sinbin - Posted 07/12/2015. First posted 03/01/2014

2) "414 Italian" (name uncertain) in Soi Bong Kot - Posted 07/12/2015

3) "Fire and Stone Pizzeria" in 1/13 Pattaya Klang ( I have seen this, not tried it but looks great)

4) "Bronx Pizza" , Soi Diana - Posted 02/12/2015

5) "Casa Rizzi" - Posted 09/06/2014

7a)"Pan Pan" in Jomtien - Posted 30/01/2014

7b)"Hoft Beer Haus" Beach Road, at the foot of soi Yamoto - Posted 30/01/2014

8) "Pizza Italy" in one of the newish Sois off Soi BuaKhao, by Asia Backpackers - Posted 30/01/2014

9) "The Cafe Le Mars" in south Jomthien on beach road, before Metro Condo - Posted 30/01/2014

Previous Summary below posted 30/01/2014

a) "Big Pizza Na Kleua - posted 03/01/2014. Follow up post same day & 13/01/14

B)."Casa Felini" on Pattayaland 1 opposite Sinbin pub

c) "Casa Rizzi" on third Rd. right hand side just before overpass to Bali High, CASA RIZZI

d) "Brooklyns", Soi bauchkow opposite sugar sugar - Posted 05/01/2014. Follow up post on the 6/1/14

e) "Balilla Pizzeria", Soi Chayapruek, Jontiem

f) "New York Pizza", on 3rd road near Buffalo bar - Posted 11/01/2014

g) "Casa Fellini", South Pattaya Soi 13/3 & Rompho Market Jomtien - Posted 11/01/2014

h) "Pizzeria Balilla" on Soi Chaiyapruk

i) "Volare Rest cafe & friends", right of Friendship on Pattaya South - Posted 08/01/2014 & follow up 12/01/14

j) "Grottinos", on Soi 33 off Pattaya Naklua Rd - Posted 13/01/2014

k) "La Taverna del Passatore", Soi Buakhao 420 -134 - posted 03/01/2014 (originally missed out)

l) "Pizza opposite Soi 8 in Second Road" - went there 17/11/2015 still good. First posted 03/01/2014

You forgot Ristorante Mimosa Pizzeria in Soi Chaiyapruek, 50 meters from Sukhumvit. Probably the best Italian pizza in Thailand.

And btw Balilla closed its doors last year.

Would you like the details of my lawyer so that you can proceed with civil action in regards to me confusing Pattaya North with Naklua ?

Whilst you are nit picking why did you not also point out the other location I mention is infact Soi Siam Country Club and not infact the Darkside ?

Edited by Don Mega

I'm surprised that Loaf in Soi Lengkee and La Bocca at the Hanuman statue in Jomtien are not included in this list.

The pizzas at the Hilton are good also, and are included in their Tuesday buffet.

I would say that all three of the above are better than some mentioned in the list.

Agree La Bocca is very good if you like a more purist Italian style. Loaf I don't like. I found the crust more like pizza bread ...

The one time I tried the pizza at this place, I liked it very much. Hard to tell from one visit, but the thin crust was very very flavorful but the pizza was overflowing with toppings, which is not traditional Italian. The toppings I had made the crust soggy. I suppose it depends on the toppings. Not "complaining" about too much topping, just commenting that isn't traditional Italian (more like American pizza).

My impressions about pizza are very CRUST-centric. If I don't love the crust, I don't love the pizza.

http://www.tripadvisor.com/Restaurant_Review-g293919-d3670825-Reviews-Pizza_Italy-Pattaya_Chonburi_Province.html

Edited by Jingthing

• 1 month later...

The problem with rating a Pizza as good or bad is that there maybe a common standard for a really bad pizza but, once you move past such a standard then anything else is merely an opinion as taste is subjective. If you take the cost of the pizza into account then to say a pizza is great if it is expensive is also a problem as if you are paying good money for something you should expect a certain standard. A reasonable pizza with an expensive price tag should not be on the list, likewise a cheap pizza that does not resemble a pizza should also not be there, and if it is, then I have to be told to remove such pizza places from the list.

I would therefore like to make a Pizza list where the really bad ones are left out, but anything else on that list should be left to the individual to decide whether they consider it good enough to visit again. Therefore any entry on the list should only be challenged if it is considered not worthy of being included.

Looks like there's a new Pizza place in the Welcome Town (the street shopping mall on Central road next to Powerbuy Near Suk.)

It's a Pizza buffet with a little oven in the middle of every table and you put your own toppings on the pizza and bake it yourself, the crust looks very thick, so I'll pass, it's more of a novelty for the Thais and might be a fun day out for the kids

Anyone tried the Domino's pizza place opposite Bon cafe ? They offer 1 free if you buy one medium size on Thursdays or Fridays I think. I am normally a bit sceptical to pizza chains in Thailand.

NEW YORK PIZZA on Third road at the junction of Soi Lengkee, Always very good, not many as good.If you don't like the Pizza here you really don't know Pizza!!!!!

Yeah. If you don't like the pizza from here it is something wrong with you or you know nothing about what you like in a pizza.

(Irony.)

NEW YORK PIZZA on Third road at the junction of Soi Lengkee, Always very good, not many as good.If you don't like the Pizza here you really don't know Pizza!!!!!

Or some may say if you rate the Pizza here then you have never tried a good one.......... Tastes vary so just because someone doesn't like what you do, it doesn't make them wrong.

Anyone tried the Domino's pizza place opposite Bon cafe ? They offer 1 free if you buy one medium size on Thursdays or Fridays I think. I am normally a bit sceptical to pizza chains in Thailand.

But the customer service (one who takes the order for delivery) cannot speak English, so why place an order to a ting-tong teenager on the phone?

I will always go with New York pizza, excellent choice of three kinds of crusts, various toppings , REAL cheese, and most of all, great customer service. The fellow that answers the phone speaks English and reliable pizza delivery by mature friendly delivery people. (and now you can order on line- so eeeeeeeeeesy)

Edited by toenail

I've been here for 13 years. Best pizza in the area is Pizza Big in Naklua. On the east side of Pattaya Naklua Road. About 1/2 mile north of North Pattaya Road (Dolphin Roundabout). EXCELLENT. Second best is at Hof Haus on Beach Road, near Royal Garden.