Pizzas in Pattaya

SirPaul

Pizzas are improving in Pattaya so we need a new guide for 2014 to the best pizza places. You may have to revisit places that were originally considered not good as the local people learn to master the black art of making a decent pizza.

I was out last night and ended up eating pizza opposite Soi 8 in Second Road. I ate there last year, it was OK but nothing special. However, please to report last night was a major improvement - absolutely delicious. Not sure if this was because we had been around the town a bit with a few Tigers inside (2.30 a.m. was the time of ordering) or if the staff have actually developed their pizza skills to cater for Russian Tourists along with us Brits.

Could this now be the best pizza place in town or is there better?coffee1.gifsmile.png

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How can a pizza be better than another one ? This is so basic food that even savages can do !

I wish you would tell that to the savages at Pizzeria Italia in Jomtien. This place is a definite miss which is a shame because it's a good location.

Is that the Italian with the fake accent, or the Mexican with the fake accent, or could be the Southern guy with the fake Southern accent? Anyone selling food, needs a fake accent, or at least think they do.

Hehe i guess so.. good point.

Lol ur forum name is fake too

mataleo

When you're tired of pizza but crave the Italian REAL DEAL, this place is the bomb:

https://www.facebook.com/latavernadelpassatore

No pizza.

And anyway, the only place that pizza is made properly is in Chicago ... and then it needs to be thin crust.

...if the staff have actually developed their pizza skills to cater for Russian Tourists along with us Brits.

The mind boggles.

How can a pizza be better than another one ? This is so basic food that even savages can do !

Some people simply don't get out enough. This is for pizza lovers, not for your egg&chips bloke (usually living single in Pattaya & proud of it)????????

Edited by SirPaul

When you're tired of pizza but crave the Italian REAL DEAL, this place is the bomb: https://www.facebook.com/latavernadelpassatore No pizza.
And anyway, the only place that pizza is made properly is in Chicago ... and then it needs to be thin crust.
...if the staff have actually developed their pizza skills to cater for Russian Tourists along with us Brits.
The mind boggles.
We are in Pattaya, if Chicago is so good why are you looking at this pizza thread?Brits do know about food. That is why pizza is so important, well if it is good it is so yummy:DB):DB)>_>

I actually have yet to have a pizza anywhere in Thailand as good as the best I've had in San Francisco and Chicago (at the top food fanatic places). Even the top places in Bangkok. But definitely the level of pizza here is better than the level of Mexican foodbah.gif ! Generally the better pizza in town is going to be actual Italian style. In the U.S. at least in big cities there is good actual Italian style available but also very distinctive and wonderfully varied regional American styles. I have stopped eating local pizza but I thought La Bocca Jomtien would please Italian style purists (but not me so much). English people, are they generally looking for actual Italian style pizza or do they have particular British pizza preferences?

This place I found interesting. I actually did not like it but still interesting. They serve "Australian" style pizza. Mine came with super softy crust which did not please me. I don't like crispy cracker crust either. I also like the crust to actually have some FLAVOR. I find so often in Pattaya there is no SEASONING in the crust. I think there should be. Anyway, this pizza chef actually won a big award in Oz so maybe it shows how subjective the old pizza tastes can be (or perhaps I tried it on an off night):

http://www.pattayapeople.com/restaurant-reviews/Da-Nicola-Pizza

Edited by Jingthing

I actually have yet to have a pizza anywhere in Thailand as good as the best I've had in San Francisco and Chicago (at the top food fanatic places). Even the top places in Bangkok. But definitely the level of pizza here is better than the level of Mexican foodbah.gif ! Generally the better pizza in town is going to be actual Italian style. In the U.S. at least in big cities there is good actual Italian style available but also very distinctive and wonderfully varied regional American styles. I have stopped eating local pizza but I thought La Bocca Jomtien would please Italian style purists (but not me so much). English people, are they generally looking for actual Italian style pizza or do they have particular British pizza preferences?

This place I found interesting. I actually did not like it but still interesting. They serve "Australian" style pizza. Mine came with super softy crust which did not please me. I don't like crispy cracker crust either. I also like the crust to actually have some FLAVOR. I find so often in Pattaya there is no SEASONING in the crust. I think there should be. Anyway, this pizza chef actually won a big award in Oz so maybe it shows how subjective the old pizza tastes can be (or perhaps I tried it on an off night):

http://www.pattayapeople.com/restaurant-reviews/Da-Nicola-Pizza

I think we will have to go with the following...

A good pizza for Pattaya is a Tasty one. We want it well cooked - a great pizza is when you cannot wait to get hold of the next slice.

A poor pizza is a bland one with little flavour (like eating cardboard) . Or one that is not properly cooked, or the toppings are worse for wear. This is the sort of Pizza you finish because you are hungry, for no other reason that that.

I like Pizza Big & Casa Rizzi. But really missing a good loaded Domino's or Little Ceasar's in th USA. Anybody knows of a similar one? Pizza Big could improve even more if they would

season their base-tomato sauce a bit. But overall the best place and very fair priced. MS>

I like Pizza Big & Casa Rizzi. But really missing a good loaded Domino's or Little Ceasar's in th USA. Anybody knows of a similar one? Pizza Big could improve even more if they would

season their base-tomato sauce a bit. But overall the best place and very fair priced. MS>

Casa Rizzi.

WHERE is this place.

I see 3rd road.

Where EXACTLY on 3rd road?

I can't even tell from their website MAP where they are.

http://www.ristorantecasarizzi.com/contatti.htm

Casa Rizzi.

WHERE is this place.

I see 3rd road.

Where EXACTLY on 3rd road?

I can't even tell from their website MAP where they are.

http://www.ristorantecasarizzi.com/contatti.htm

Jing I think this is the place based on these co-ordinates

12°55'12.68" 100°52'30.03"

Edit: add this link as it shows a photo on the bottom of this page.

http://th.geoview.info/casa_rizzi,1584433529n

Google maps street view shows the place

Edited by longball53098

Thanks for that effort.

I can't even SEE the location indicator on their website map!

Anyway, I've got it now, based on these:

on third Rd. right hand side just before overpass to Bali High, CASA RIZZI

A map where the location is clearly indicated. I know that area, so I think I've got it:

http://www.tripmeto.com/visita-casa-rizzi-1115121

Edited by Jingthing

And who decided to put hot dogs on a pizza?

You haven't tried pizza with taco chips or kebab ingredients on then?

Besides pineapple, this 2 are the total insult to pizza making.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app