Pizzas in Pattaya

SirPaul

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Casa Fellini.

I think there might two locations, same menu.

South Pattaya in one of the sexy sois.

And Rompho Market Jomtien (newer I think).

The pictures of the pizza looks nice, the prices are HIGHER END.

I only mention because I heard the pizza highly praised elsewhere.

I'm off the pizza and I think their prices are too HIGH anyway!

I was surprised to see the place at that Jomtien market. It seems to mostly attract more budget oriented people.

Edited by Jingthing

Casa Fellini.

I was surprised to see the place at that Jomtien market. It seems to mostly attract more budget oriented people.

I think it's an anticipation of the boom this area will enjoy in the next 5 years

Casa Fellini.

I think it's an anticipation of the boom this area will enjoy in the next 5 years

Well I went by Rompho tonight which is why I mentioned it and there were customers ... Russians, I think. I still find the price level weirdly high especially in THAT location. Like I think I noticed steak items in the 1000 baht range.

The Pattaya location address:

325/21 Moo 10 Soi 13/3 Pattaya Beach Road | Nongprue, Banglamung, Pattaya 20260, Thailand

Edited by Jingthing

Casa Fellini.

Well I went by tonight which is why I mentioned it and there were customers ... Russians, I think. I still find the price level weirdly high especially in THAT location. Like I think I noticed steak items in the 1000 baht range.

which isn't necessarily expensive - depends on the size and quality

Has anyone tried this place?

Volare Rest cafe & friends

While I'm not a fan of tripadvisor, I pass this place regularly and the people look happy.

People commenting the pizzas are great.

Photos of two of them on the link. One of them has a promising CHAR. The other one has some serious LEAVES action going on!

http://www.tripadvisor.com/Restaurant_Review-g293919-d3948817-Reviews-Volare_Rest_cafe_friends-Pattaya_Chonburi_Province.html

Hi

Yes, twice.

First visit had a salad, cold cuts platter and tortellini, all very good.

Service good, house wine OK.

2nd visit, same starters followed by a prosciutto pizza, the pizza was fair to good.

I thought the prosciutto could have done with being slightly higher quality

I will go again sometime.

I tried a new pizza place in Jomtien today , Balilla Pizzeria in Soi Chayapruek , up 400 meter from beach rd, on the left side . Italian made pizzas and prices around 200 baht for a good medium size pizza. They opened 3 months ago.

It was better than other pizzas I have tried in Pattaya. They also have branches in Bangkok and Chiang Mai . If you're staying in Jomtien you should go and check it out. Friendly staff.

http://balilla.asia/

Find it hard to take any restaurant seriously that has Haiwaiian(sic) Pizza on their menu.

This might sound weird, but here goes.

A poster here has used my mention of CASA RIZZI to fuel a vicious personal attack on another thread, suggesting I am pigging out on pizzas all the time.

I do know a lot about existing Pattaya pizza places from my PAST over MANY YEARS but the truth is I have only consumed one pizza in well over year, a very thin crust, VERY minimalistic pizza at CASA RIZZI, really limited cheese as well, described in detail here. I skipped my next meal. Perhaps one reason I was upset that they didn't serve me the pizza as described on their menu was that I so RARELY consume ANY pizza. One pizza in over a year, you REALLY want it to be the THING, yes? I have no plans to eat another pizza anywhere in the foreseeable future.

So when I comment about my impression of pizza at La Bocca and any other place, it is from the PAST, unless otherwise noted. BTW, even in my "pizza pigging day" pizza every two weeks was pretty much the max.

Also I have not had fish and chips in SEVERAL YEARS.

I am not representing pizza as a healthy food. I think it's not so bad in moderation for non-fat people. Fish and chips is horrible food for everyone.

There it is.

Truth and transparency with pizza commenting, you get that from me!

Cheers.

But often a load of carp thrown in for good measure. Like your comment above(highlighted in bold). Utterly narrow minded. So many variations of fish and chips available, with the preparation and quality adding more variables.

But in your haste to sound like quite the bon viveur, you end up sounding like a crashing bore. Tone it down eh?

Edited by Jiu-Jitsu

But often a load of carp thrown in for good measure. Like your comment above(highlighted in bold). Utterly narrow minded. So many variations of fish and chips available, with the preparation and quality adding more variables.

But in your haste to sound like quite the bon viveur, you end up sounding like a crashing bore. Tone it down eh?

The chips are worse than the fish.

I suppose there are some health food versions of fish and chips, but they wouldn't be deep fried, and what's the point of fish and chips that aren't deep fried?

Anyway let me know if you know a local that does a healthy version of fish and chips.

Otherwise, not really bothered by your strong tone. I've been called worse. Before noon today. I am what I am, you are what you are.

Cheers!

Edited by Jingthing

Oh those judgemental posts, people complainign about hawaiian pizza and others slagging off fish and chips as being horrible - no mention of taste, just that it's fat and unhealthy, LOL. We will all croak, get over it...

Now back to the subject: I heard that a newish restaurant located just right of Friendship makes good pizza for a reasonable price (120 baht). Will check it out as soon as I get a chance.

Oh those judgemental posts, people complainign about hawaiian pizza and others slagging off fish and chips as being horrible - no mention of taste, just that it's fat and unhealthy, LOL. We will all croak, get over it...

Now back to the subject: I heard that a newish restaurant located just right of Friendship makes good pizza for a reasonable price (120 baht). Will check it out as soon as I get a chance.

You forgot people, who judge food by price alone.

Eating pizzas in thailand thats wrong. Wheres so much delicious healthy foods... Yeh from time to time is ok. But not like its ur main thing... mataleo

There are endless threads on pizzas on this forum so for many it is very important and not so many on fresh fishlaugh.png .

You think "touché" but you are mistaken. Food has a price, and the price alone can be judged on its own.

You think "touché" but you are mistaken. Food has a price, and the price alone can be judged on its own.

I'm not sure how much you can tell by price. Typical restaurant markup is 3 times food cost. Cheap venues have lower overhead so can markup less, and vice versa for costly venues. If you know basic food costs then sometimes you can tell a dish can't possibly be good at a low price. A pizza costing 50 baht can't possibly have much cheese, or much good cheese on it, cheese being so expensive here. So you can only get clues. If something seems priced very high, you are right to suspect a rip off again if you know basic food costs, unless there is some food ingredient that is super expensive. For example, a pizza that piled on good cheese in Thailand would need to be high priced.

Similarly to dim sum, I don't think it is possible to deliver decent dim sum in Thailand at 20 baht a plate!

Edited by Jingthing

Tell more... please.

A friend ordered a Hawaiian pizza from Pizzeria Balilla on Soi Chaiyapruk the other night. That's not a combo I would order (and I was im lao, so I didn't try it) but it looked pretty darn good: like a minimalist Italian style pizza... I'll order from there soon.

Eating pizzas in thailand thats wrong. Wheres so much delicious healthy foods... Yeh from time to time is ok. But not like its ur main thing... mataleo

For a long time I thought so too. Then I learned about fast carbs, MSG, pesticides, benzoic acid, aflatoxins, nitrates etc.

But I still eat itwink.png

A friend ordered a Hawaiian pizza from Pizzeria Balilla on Soi Chaiyapruk the other night. That's not a combo I would order (and I was im lao, so I didn't try it) but it looked pretty darn good: like a minimalist Italian style pizza... I'll order from there soon.

I agree with you , the pizzas there are really good, even the Hawaiian one. When I'm in this area it will be my favourite place to visit.

Sent from my SM-P601 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Edited by balo

• 3 weeks later...

Summary of Pizza Places Mentioned so far:

pizza opposite Soi 8 in Second Road
Big Pizza Na Kleua
Casa Felini on Pattayaland 1 opposite Sinbin pub
Casa Rizzi on third Rd. right hand side just before overpass to Bali High, CASA RIZZI
Brooklyns - Soi bauchkow opposite sugar sugar
Balilla Pizzeria in Soi Chayapruek, Jontiem
New York pizza on 3rd road near Buffalo bar
Casa Fellini - South Pattaya Soi 13/3 & Rompho Market Jomtien
Pizzeria Balilla on Soi Chaiyapruk
Volare Rest cafe & friends - [http://www.tripadvisor.com/Restaurant_Review-g293919-d3948817-Reviews-Volare_Rest_cafe_friends-Pattaya_Chonburi_Province.html]
just right of Friendship on Pattaya South
www.pizza.co.th
Grottinos on Soi 33 off Pattaya Naklua Rd

I hope this list can get bigger over time. Summarised so useful, e.g. can keep on your mobile phone.coffee1.gifbiggrin.png

Edited by SirPaul