Visa on arrival for Chinese PP holders URGENT

Can anyone, as a matter of extreme urgency confirm that the above national passport holders can still attain a 15 day visa on arrival on entering Thailand at Swampy.

The reason I ask is because rumor has it that this privelage he may have been removed recently.

A google search confirms that this is still available but would like to be doubly sure

Many thanks

Chinese nationals CAN'T get a visa on arrival if arriving directly from mainland China. This is because Chinese officials don't want to take the risk that Chinese travellers will be deported for not meeting the entry requirements of foreign countries - therefore, the rules for their nationals override the 15-day visa on arrival that Thailand offers, which can't be used by the majority of Chinese visitors, who obviously arrive directly from China. Also, nearly all countries require a visa in advance of Chinese visitors hence Chinese check-in clerks (or border officials at the Lao border for example) won't allow a Chinese traveller to use visa-on-arrival services for any country that offers this facility. Visa on arrival services can only be used IF arriving from a third country, for example if travelling from Cambodia to Thailand directly.

Edited by Tomtomtom69

All can say is that it is available on this side of the trip. As long as the person traveling has a ticket out of Thailand within 15 days they should not have a problem boarding their flight.

As far as bordering countries go entering overland there is no visa on arrival facilities for a VOA at the Cambodia border. For Laos only Nong Kai has it.

Chinese nationals CAN'T get a visa on arrival if arriving directly from mainland China. This is because Chinese officials don't want to take the risk that Chinese travellers will be deported for not meeting the entry requirements of foreign countries - therefore, the rules for their nationals override the 15-day visa on arrival that Thailand offers, which can't be used by the majority of Chinese visitors, who obviously arrive directly from China. Also, nearly all countries require a visa in advance of Chinese visitors hence Chinese check-in clerks (or border officials at the Lao border for example) won't allow a Chinese traveller to use visa-on-arrival services for any country that offers this facility. Visa on arrival services can only be used IF arriving from a third country, for example if travelling from Cambodia to Thailand directly.

Ttt69, you are moving the goalposts slightly, the issue of exiting China was not the question, however, this has been heard of before, mainly boiling down to the left hand does not knowing what the right hand is doing. It has been heard that in some cities such as Beijing this has happened, but the person who I am enquiring for is very well travelled with current visas for Australia and the UK in the Passport. Also, as the person lives very close to HK then it is very likely that will be the airport of departure.

So let me ask again, if that person arrives in Swampy, is the offer for a visa on arrival still valid ?

If he can get on the aircraft and arrives in Swampy with a ticket out of Thailand within 15 days then the VOA is available. I guess that boarding the aircraft at the departure side is another issue.

Ttt69, you are moving the goalposts slightly, the issue of exiting China was not the question, however, this has been heard of before, mainly boiling down to the left hand does not knowing what the right hand is doing. It has been heard that in some cities such as Beijing this has happened, but the person who I am enquiring for is very well travelled with current visas for Australia and the UK in the Passport. Also, as the person lives very close to HK then it is very likely that will be the airport of departure.

So let me ask again, if that person arrives in Swampy, is the offer for a visa on arrival still valid ?

I know, but I can confirm that EVERY Chinese passenger who's passport I've seen or I've known or met personally has had a Thai visa in their passport before travelling to Thailand directly from China. Chinese check-in agents DO refuse Chinese citizens from getting on their flights to Thailand even if they possess sufficient funds and a return ticket within 15 days. Chinese officials are strict, especially when it comes to their citizens so there is no way they will be allowed to travel if they don't have a visa in their passport. Conversely, most of the time they don't check onward tickets for foreign citizens in my experience.

If the passenger is travelling from Hong Kong, they should not have any such problems though. Only if they are travelling directly from mainland Chinese airports. Note however, that Hong Kong takes the issue of onward tickets or other documents in lieu of an onward ticket seriously for non-residents, especially for Chinese passengers. But with a 15-day return ticket and sufficient funds your friend will be OK.

Edited by Tomtomtom69