What do you want Thai people to know about yourself?

Somsrisonphimai

That I'm a decent fellow they can vouch for me with the parents of my next potential partner fresh off the rice farm - not rich, not a sucker, but fair and will sincerely help her achieve her goals when her time with me is done, will leave her in better condition than I found her.

• Like 1

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I want them to know that I don't give a rats ass what they think about me.

Exactly I am not that insecure that I have to seek acceptance or understanding from anyone Thai or none Thai, what you see is what you get....I can never quite figure out why some farangs in Thailand constantly have to keep seeking acceptance from the locals

All I can say to these people is that it doesn't matter how much you suck up to them, Thailand will not give you PR or ability to own land in your own name, you can be the biggest apologist in the country, and Thaier than Thai, but never going to become one of them, as much as you try, even if you do get PR or even a Thai pp

So face up to it ladies

What about your political views:-)

Seriously, though, having them read Thailand Fever so they know why we do things and believe many money tiings are WRONG compared to their beliefs... that helps a TON as then they (most of them) will respect it and discuss.

Sent from my MyPhone A919 Duo using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

NOT MY BANK BALANCE !!

Have TWO Bank Accounts.

One for Show (small balance) ... the one you show the wife and ...

One for Go ... the fun one, the 'sleep easy at night' one. The one that, if it all goes belly-up in Thailand, it gets you out of the situation you are in and into a better place.

• Like 1

"It's gonna hurt a litte, cutie. I'm not a Thai boy." That's the pickup line I hear farangs using on college girls. ;-) Sent from my MyPhone A919 Duo using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Seriously, though, having them read Thailand Fever so they know why we do things and believe many money tiings are WRONG compared to their beliefs... that helps a TON as then they (most of them) will respect it and discuss. Sent from my MyPhone A919 Duo using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Mate, you are a class act ... I could learn something from you ... laugh.png

"It's gonna hurt a litte, cutie. I'm not a Thai boy." That's the pickup line I hear farangs using on college girls. ;-) Sent from my MyPhone A919 Duo using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app
Seriously, though, having them read Thailand Fever so they know why we do things and believe many money tiings are WRONG compared to their beliefs... that helps a TON as then they (most of them) will respect it and discuss. Sent from my MyPhone A919 Duo using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app
Mate, you are a class act ... I could learn something from you ...
laugh.png.
Doubt it. I only lived here 2 years.

Dear Khun Somsri,

The Thai people live in their own very private bubble. They will think of us whatever they want, not matter what we do. We will always be brushed off as the "falang", with the "falang" ways, we will always be dismissed. Perhaps because the Thai nation was never colonized that the Thai people were never introduced to another way of thinking, in Thailand it's the Thai-way or the highway.

We do enjoy your country and thank you very much for allowing us to live here. I am saddened by the number of "tao hua nguuu" there are amongst us, but that is very much the business of the Thai female, to support her family, no matter how creepy the 'falang'.

Sincerely,

Khon Falang.

• Like 2

Dear Khun Somsri,

The Thai people live in their own very private bubble. They will think of us whatever they want, not matter what we do. We will always be brushed off as the "falang", with the "falang" ways, we will always be dismissed. Perhaps because the Thai nation was never colonized that the Thai people were never introduced to another way of thinking, in Thailand it's the Thai-way or the highway.

We do enjoy your country and thank you very much for allowing us to live here. I am saddened by the number of "tao hua nguuu" there are amongst us, but that is very much the business of the Thai female, to support her family, no matter how creepy the 'falang'.

Sincerely,

Khon Falang.

Good answer. I am always surprised by farang who does not like something in Thailand and the Thai people. Nobody holds you here - if you do not like something - go home. Always remember - Thailand don't needs you, but you needs Thailand. And behave modestly, because we are here - nobody and nothing.

Dear Khun Somsri,

Sincerely,

Khon Falang.

Good answer. I am always surprised by farang who does not like something in Thailand and the Thai people. Nobody holds you here - if you do not like something - go home. Always remember - Thailand don't needs you, but you needs Thailand. And behave modestly, because we are here - nobody and nothing.

Is it OK if we like some things and dislike some other things about Thailand and the Thai people, and NOT go home?ermm.gif

What kind of dimwit loves everything about ANY country? crazy.gif

Do not need to bring to the point of absurdity)) I wanted to say only one thing - do not judge the Thai people, they are what they are. If they will be different - they will not Thai people, which we love))

"I want them to know that I don't give a rats ass what they think about me." Your attitude is undoubtedly reflected in how you interact with the Thai people. May you always get as good as you give.wai.gif

I expect the feeling is mutual.

If you don't give a rat's ass, why are you hyperventilating and insistent that they know how you feel? The message you're sending is not the one you think it is ... quite the opposite.

This paranoia about what complete strangers think about you, as well as the face-saving huffing & puffing, make it seem like someone is feeling unloved and on the verge of throwing a hissy fit just to prove to everyone that he doesn't care.

post-145917-0-64236600-1389177642_thumb.

Edited by Suradit69

What do you want Thai people to know about yourself?

I expect 99.999% of the Thai population neither needs nor wants to know anything about me.

If I wanted any Thai individuals to know something about me I'd tell them and work on the fairly safe assumption that most people have zero interest in me one way or the other.

I seriously wonder if expats living in any other country in the world worry as much about what the local population thinks of them as do farangs in Thailand ... or more accurately, a handful of farang who keep obsessing about it on Thai Visa.

It's like small children spending a week at summer camp, away from mom and dad for the first time, and realizing that not everyone adores them or thinks they're special or precocious or cute. Get over it.

Edited by Suradit69
  • Like 2