Yingluck to be nominated for Nobel Prize?

webfact

"...nominating Thailand’s embattled (caretaker) prime minister for a Nobel Prize of her own was the highlight of a speech made this afternoon by a Puea Thai Party election candidate..."

I have to apologize to all those to whom I stated that I didn't think Thais had a sense of humor. This has to be the funniest thing I have heard in years. Either that, or they hired some top comedy writer from the west. Either way, thanks for the laughcheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gif .

The second best part is that it will only happen if Pheu Thai wins the election and Yingluck is elected Prime Minister again. Incentive for everyone to vote Pheu Thai so their Prime Minister can be nominated for a Nobel Peace Prize. Brilliant Strategy:)

• Replies 231
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Great idea! Yingluck wins the Nobel Prize for peace.

In the official document from Oslo one can read that she won the Peace Nobel Prize, because she has certainly not invented gunpowder, guaranteed!

cheesy.gif

Sorry but, gunpowder was the Chinese.

Nobel invented dynamite.

Sure Thaddeus, but my somewhat failed attempt to be funny was refering to the expression that when someone is perhaps not the sharpest knife in the drawer, he has not invented (gun)powder.

But thanks anyway for the info.

Based on the criteria that seems to exist I would like to start a petition to nominate

webfact for a nobel peace prize

Webfact has shown true Journalist ability in being able to calm the savage beasts on here and keep people informed in an almost impartial state.

Therefore I feel that he is more than deserving of this nomination.

Nobody can be nominated for Nobel Price, the decision is made by a panel of "experts" that do the nominations within the panel.

Oh but she is special she is a Thai

She has contributed so much to shopping malls around the world.

Surely they will let the Thai's nominate her.

What is one little exception to the rest of the people who deserve the prize.

• Like 1

Reconciliation is a two way street. Her opponents are not interested in reconciliation. As a matter of fact, in spite of what may be said about Thai culture, it is not very concilatory. Someone up the food chain decides what should be done and everyone keeps their mouth shut and gets on with life. Those days are gone.

She has steadfastly held to not using force against her opponents, something that her opponents didn't adhere to in the Temple in Bangkok.

The cause of the problems in Thailand are not of her making and her absence will not make them go away.

She has been an ambassador for the Thai people and is worthy of the nomination.

Nothing she has done has aided reconciliation one bit. If anything, what she has done has been a detriment to reconciliation.

The cause the problems are not of her making. That was mostly due to her brother. But her absence would be a big step in the direction of making them go away.

• Like 2

My wife used to be a Thaksin/Yingluck fan, but not any more.

Her family in Surin are struggling because they have not been paid for their rice. We help them out and make sure they have enough money to get by, but what about the poor families who don't have someone to look after them ? Deeper, and deeper in debt ?

PTP is treating these people with contempt. bah.gif

• Like 1

A non-story of ever I heard one. Anybody can be nominated by anyone for anything. Generations that come long after we are dust will judge the accomplishments of the dead.

Edited by Benmart

Great idea! Yingluck wins the Nobel Prize for peace.

In the official document from Oslo one can read that she won the Peace Nobel Prize, because she has certainly not invented gunpowder, guaranteed!

cheesy.gif

Sorry but, gunpowder was the Chinese.

Nobel invented dynamite.

Sure Thaddeus, but my somewhat failed attempt to be funny was refering to the expression that when someone is perhaps not the sharpest knife in the drawer, he has not invented (gun)powder.

But thanks anyway for the info.

yea and if brains were dynamite a lot of posters on here wouldn't have enough to blow their hat off.

• Like 1

Besides encouraging citizens to go to the elections on Feb. 2, Sunai Jullapongsathorn announced on stage that if Yingluck Shinawatra is elected the prime minister of Thailand once again, the party will nominate her for the Nobel Peace Prize since she has tried her best to compromise and settle the disagreements between Thais, Post Today reported.

This is truly brilliant stuff. You could not make this stuff up. Yes, the rules have changed. Their party can nominate her, and send their nomination to Sweden. The committee there will rubber stamp it, and she will get the award. Great stuff. It is fascinating how some people here distort the real world. Yes, and Tony Jaa's film Tom Yung Goong will win an academy award, for best foreign film this year. And the writers for the Nation will finally win that long sought after Pulitzer prize. And some other documentary filmmakers will win the Peabody for excellence in their field. And Thailand will be considered the most progressive nation on earth for its green energy policies. And the universe will change its axis, and spin with Thailand as the center of the universe, from now on, as it is the most important nation on earth now.

About as much sense in this as Obama being nominated before he was elected president. bah.gif

Definitely CocoNUTS!!!!!

Today I saw loads of Election Campaign banners around bangkok central districts,, (chidlom etc).

I am quite sure that chidlom has a VERY low vote-rate for the shinawarta family.

it almost seems like the shinawarta family are doing just about anything they can to make people as peed-off and angry as possible.

it kind of looks as if they WANT to start violence or a Coup.

now,, stepping back from this,,, if there was violence or a coup, then Thai Markets will plummet.

could this all be a semi-cunning plan ??

if they are a mega greedy family (which they have proven to be), then why not crash the market a bit, and buy up tonnes of low-priced stock,, and then wait half a year for thailand to stabalise and stock recovery ... and sell their stock!!

this simple plan could rake in billions for the family !!

does anyone else think that this is a possibility?

why else do the shinawartas seem to be doing as MUCH as they can to provoke people ?

i mean,, seriously... a nobel prize is just ridiculous!!! and continuous trying to get back thaksin.. when you see all the things the shinawartas are doing, it looks like they are doing it on purpose.

I think that their goal is money, not politics.

anyone agree ?

And it's the Nobel prize for what ?? The friendliest PM in the world due to her 50 trips abroad in over 2 years. ridiculous.

About as much sense in this as Obama being nominated before he was elected president. xbah.gif.pagespeed.ic.l9zPefr-9w.webp alt=bah.gif pagespeed_url_hash=4274630315 width=19 height=19>

Two wrongs don't make a right.

Yes they devalued their brand by giving the prize to Obama before he actually did anything, and it turns out he won't be earning it either.

"...nominating Thailand’s embattled (caretaker) prime minister for a Nobel Prize of her own was the highlight of a speech made this afternoon by a Puea Thai Party election candidate..."

I have to apologize to all those to whom I stated that I didn't think Thais had a sense of humor. This has to be the funniest thing I have heard in years. Either that, or they hired some top comedy writer from the west. Either way, thanks for the laughcheesy.gif.pagespeed.ce.HaOxm9--Zv.gif alt=cheesy.gif pagespeed_url_hash=3951237149 width=32 height=20>cheesy.gif.pagespeed.ce.HaOxm9--Zv.gif alt=cheesy.gif pagespeed_url_hash=3951237149 width=32 height=20>cheesy.gif.pagespeed.ce.HaOxm9--Zv.gif alt=cheesy.gif pagespeed_url_hash=3951237149 width=32 height=20> .

Definitely CocoNUTS!!!!!

Today I saw loads of Election Campaign banners around bangkok central districts,, (chidlom etc).

I am quite sure that chidlom has a VERY low vote-rate for the shinawarta family.

it almost seems like the shinawarta family are doing just about anything they can to make people as peed-off and angry as possible.

it kind of looks as if they WANT to start violence or a Coup.

now,, stepping back from this,,, if there was violence or a coup, then Thai Markets will plummet.

could this all be a semi-cunning plan ??

if they are a mega greedy family (which they have proven to be), then why not crash the market a bit, and buy up tonnes of low-priced stock,, and then wait half a year for thailand to stabalise and stock recovery ... and sell their stock!!

this simple plan could rake in billions for the family !!

does anyone else think that this is a possibility?

why else do the shinawartas seem to be doing as MUCH as they can to provoke people ?

i mean,, seriously... a nobel prize is just ridiculous!!! and continuous trying to get back thaksin.. when you see all the things the shinawartas are doing, it looks like they are doing it on purpose.

I think that their goal is money, not politics.

anyone agree ?

• Like 1

If the political crisis is resolved without any further deaths, she would be fully deserving of the award. How many other leaders would tolerate a mad man like Suthep making crazy demands, threatening her family, destroying the economy etc. She has shown tremendous restraint throughout the crisis and has tackled the problem with intelligently without inflaming the situation, much to Sutheps annoyance. In my mind she would be fully deserving of the Prize.