Heckler tells Abhisit to 'respect my vote'

webfact

Funny how if the whistle blowers protest again Yingluck, they are heroes. If they do against Abhisit, they are corrupt and don't have rights to do it.

Funny TV posters :)

Abhisit caught at his own whistle.

I love it :lol:

More should do the same.

I also love what that man said: "I am not your rival, I am the people".

Very true.

Sent from my HTC One using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

• Like 1

• Replies 172
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

"Former Prime Minister Abhisit Vejjajiva has been heckled by a man who told the former leader to respect his rights to vote."

Abihist is showing any disrespect for this guys right to vote. Did he go to this guys work place and heckle him? Did he deny the guys right to vote?

If this guy was a PTP voter then is was the PTP that disrespected his vote by dissolving parliament before the end of their mandated term.

No, the guy is showing disrespect for Abihist by protesting his right to not participate in an election.

Think: The PTP voter goes to an meeting with Abhisit and a sign written in English.....It is of course not a guy who got angry, it is staged for the international press.

That's ridiculous. Sorry - I know this guy, he's a friend of a friend. And although he's been a red sympathiser for years, it's more because he opposes the royalist conservatives than it is because he has any great love for PTP or Thaksin. And he does speak fairly fluent English - bear in mind, many Thais that don't speak English anywhere near as well as he does decide to write semi-literate signs in English. Thais like short slogans in English as well as Thai, and #respectmyvote is already becoming a meme.

แก้วมาลา Kaewmala @Thai_Talk 10h

As expected #RespectMyVote has gone viral. Seen many signs of the meme - from this original hand-written placard. pic.twitter.com/XIsvbALVg1

• Like 2

You can surely forgive people for suspecting Abhisit and the Democrats might be supporting this protest...

Why wouldn't they support this protest?

Up to them, I'm just saying you can hardly separate the Democrats and this protest any more than you can separate PT & the red shirts. If this gig didn't have the support of the Democrat machine, they'd have as many people as Pitak Siam or PAD were achieving in recent years (20,000 at best).

You can surely forgive people for suspecting Abhisit and the Democrats might be supporting this protest...

Why wouldn't they support this protest?

Up to them, I'm just saying you can hardly separate the Democrats and this protest any more than you can separate PT & the red shirts. If this gig didn't have the support of the Democrat machine, they'd have as many people as Pitak Siam or PAD were achieving in recent years (20,000 at best).

I imagine that the Dems support the protests in that they are foolishly following the doctrine of "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" but this current series of protests is suthep's creation. He is no friend to any party in Thailand. He is fascist with his own agenda. PT and the red shirts are intrinsically entwined at present. This may change as their are factions within the reds who are seeing the reality and corruption that lies behind PT.

• Like 1

"Former Prime Minister Abhisit Vejjajiva has been heckled by a man who told the former leader to respect his rights to vote."

Abihist is showing any disrespect for this guys right to vote. Did he go to this guys work place and heckle him? Did he deny the guys right to vote?

If this guy was a PTP voter then is was the PTP that disrespected his vote by dissolving parliament before the end of their mandated term.

No, the guy is showing disrespect for Abihist by protesting his right to not participate in an election.

Think: The PTP voter goes to an meeting with Abhisit and a sign written in English.....It is of course not a guy who got angry, it is staged for the international press.

That's ridiculous. Sorry - I know this guy, he's a friend of a friend. And although he's been a red sympathiser for years, it's more because he opposes the royalist conservatives than it is because he has any great love for PTP or Thaksin. And he does speak fairly fluent English - bear in mind, many Thais that don't speak English anywhere near as well as he does decide to write semi-literate signs in English. Thais like short slogans in English as well as Thai, and #respectmyvote is already becoming a meme.

As expected #RespectMyVote has gone viral. Seen many signs of the meme - from this original hand-written placard. pic.twitter.com/XIsvbALVg1

I respect the guys rights to protest but this was a purely a political election stunt, designed to draw attention away from the PTP and Yingluck, who after all dissolved parliament. If this guy wanted a gold whistle he should have targeted Suthep, after all that's who he is really protesting.

Spot ON... Resect my vote...

Mark, has pulled the Dem's out of the election for one reason only, can't win so try to claim the election result will lack illegitimacy.

Who knows maybe this guy want to vote dem's but now can't? or maybe he want's to vote PTP but knows the result will be disputed as illegitimate so again his vote not respected.

But hey the only thing Suthep respects in falangs, eerrr nop', democracy, err umm no'p again aahh yes I know HIS BANK ACCOUNTw00t.gif

• Like 1

Great stuff about corruption, great that democrats want to do something about it and want to remove the statue of limitations of corruption. The PTP seems to want to have a big amnesty and make 25.000 cases of corruption go away.

That sends a clear message doesn't it.

He had a point and he made it!

I am a bit surprised by the rather week return from Abisith!

I am also surprised at Abhisits response to the protester "This is an example of reasons why we need reforms," Mr. Abhisit told the audience, "This is the form of Democrat Party′s rivals"

It's a rather chilling statement.

Surely he cant mean that reforms are required to stop dissenting voices because that is certainly how it comes across.

He appears happy to join protests against the government but when someone protests against him he claims this is an example of why reforms are needed.

WOW REALLY WOW

I agree, I would of expected a more "statesman" like response rather than "well look, these are the kinds of idiots we are (dems) up against"....even if it were true, it's just plain stupid.

Come on Mark, you can do better than that surely. I quite liked him when he was in the hot seat and personally thought he did his best handling the rathchaprasong nonsense, sadly he's getting dragged down to a place he might find it hard to get out of.

As a politician it seems social media can be your best buddy..........or kick you in the goolies just as easily!.

• Like 1

You don't need 20 measures to end corruption in Thailand. You just need one. Require all politicians, senior public officials and generals to open their personal finances to public scrutiny. Then we can see who's living far beyond the means of their salary.

now that is a lovely thought, but that is required already for politicians. They just open companys and accounts in other peoples names or shift funds through companies for offshore investment never to return, many ways to hide it

• Like 1

Quotes from the previous article....did the "Nation" miss something...again?

"If you cannot even reform yourself, how can you reform the country?".

Mr. Abhisit was visibly surprised by the incident, but the former leader tried to manage the confrontation by thanking the man for his remarks.

"When you were the government, why didn′t you do it? Stop the discourse about anti-corruption.

You have intimidated other people, so can they not intimidate you as well?".

"I am not your rival, I am the people!".

The 74% of Thais that agree with corruption, if they could participate. But this game have only a few winners. The dark side...

What about the other 26%?

Corruption is not a peccadillo, its like cancer, and the 26% have a right to fight against it.

So now is a chance to work it out, and millions of Thais want a clean Government.

We will see, if the democrats able to heal themself. For the future elections, after reform, I hope the voters have a choose between more honest politicans and parties. But it not working, when parties can not appear in the whole country without violence. Its an opportunity for the North and the South to work together in a peaceful manner, without Taksin. smile.png

30223736-01_big.gif

Suthep Thaugsuban, leader of the anti-government People

The women in the blue kerchief at the bottom of the pic appears to be going above and beyond the call of duty for the great kamnam cos it looks like she's giving Uncle Suthep a J Arthur. Which might explain his pained expression as he's possibly reaching the vinegar strokes.

Although it's good to see there's a party vibe amid all the rhetoric as the finalists for the " People's Revolution 5th, 6th Or Whatever D-Day It Is Fancy Dress Competition" are behind him. Let's have a big hand folks for the Thai Terminator and cowboy from The Village People.

Edited by mca
  • Like 1

30223736-01_big.gif

Suthep Thaugsuban, leader of the anti-government People

The women in the blue kerchief at the bottom of the pic appears to be going above and beyond the call of duty in the "Peoples Revolution" cos it looks like she's giving Uncle Suthep a J Arthur. Which might explain his pained expressions as he's possibly reaching the vinegar strokes.

8 out of 10 for baby slapping contest?

• Like 1

I respect the guys rights to protest but this was a purely a political election stunt, designed to draw attention away from the PTP and Yingluck, who after all dissolved parliament. If this guy wanted a gold whistle he should have targeted Suthep, after all that's who he is really protesting.

It's much easier and less risky to get into a Democrat seminar than it is to get near Suthep at the moment. Anyway, you may see it that way, but I doubt Ake thought he was helping draw attention away from PTP and Yingluck. That would mean he was asked to do it by someone in PT, which if you know him, is unlikely. He's exactly the sort of person who would do something like this. Of course in a way, it was a political stunt but so is blowing a whistle at Yingluck isn't it? Especially if you know the cameras will be around. No doubt he meant what he said, but it was also intended to create an effect, like the social media meme that #respectmyvote has become.

Did you read your post after you hit the 'POST' button?

"Security guards later surrounded the man and led him out of the room. After the heckler has been removed, Mr. Abhisit told the crowd that such harassment is a reason why the upcoming election on 2 February 2014 would not be a fair one."

Yes, we can't have people voicing their opinions just before an election, or at any time under the SuDems!

Quite a pathetic act on Abisith's behalf, I would have expected better

Funny how if the whistle blowers protest again Yingluck, they are heroes. If they do against Abhisit, they are corrupt and don't have rights to do it.

Funny TV posters smile.png

Double standards among those who feel impotent because they can't vote