Bangkok Governor prepares to handle Bangkok shutdown

webfact

BANGKOK 8 January 2014 (NNT) — Bangkok Governor M.R. Sukumpan Boripat is keeping a close watch on the current developments of the People’s Democratic Reform Committee (PDRC)'s plan to shut down Bangkok.

In regard to the planned Bangkok shutdown on January 13, the governor said he was most concerned with having adequate emergency personnel, which included doctors, nurses, firefighters, and traffic police, to be assigned to the protest areas,

According to M.R. Sukumpan, he has ordered all related personnel to appropriately devise a viable plan to provide emergency services during the Bangkok shutdown, and report back to the meeting on January 9 on how they would handle the shutdown situation.

Although he is a member of the Democrat Party, the governor stated that he had nothing to do with the demonstrations, but merely trying to soften the impact of the clashes between protesters and the police.

In regard to the protesters planning to cut off the capital’s water and electricity, M.R. Sukumpan said it was the Metropolitan Waterworks Authority and Metropolitan Electricity Authority responsibility to properly handle the situation.

nntlogo.jpg
-- NNT 2014-01-08 footer_n.gif

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

What if after all the preparations nothing happens, not one whistle blower to be seen on Jan 13th. what a joke that would be.

The last one was a mega-flop. About 75,000 turned up and the zombies claimed 6 million ( and have tried to spread the 6 million story far and wide,fortunately no-one buying it)

• Like 1

How about stopping the buses loaded with protesters before they get to Bangkok?

All the southern rent-a-thugs could be stopped long before reaching Bangkok.

Knock down stages blocking public streets. (offer other venues, parks, stadiums etc.

cut their power.

Shut down their media.

Actually DO something.

Actually lots of protesters are living and working in Bangkok.

pumpuiman post # 4

Knock down stages blocking public streets. (offer other venues, parks, stadiums etc.

cut their power.

Shut down their media.

Actually DO something.

We are I hope, all seeing a repetition or a cut and paste of the post that you made concerning the events of 2010 and the Red Shirts activities?

Hopefully you are not adopting double standards are you?

• Like 1

What if after all the preparations nothing happens, not one whistle blower to be seen on Jan 13th. what a joke that would be.

The last one was a mega-flop. About 75,000 turned up and the zombies claimed 6 million ( and have tried to spread the 6 million story far and wide,fortunately no-one buying it)

And again you quote numbers which have been refuted 20 times at least.

Well, for argument's sake, take the AFP figure of 150,000 ( high in the estimation of many but...)but even that (inflated) number did not satisfy Suthep. He increased it 40 fold. Whose numbers have been refuted?

Prbkk post # 6

One is led to wonder whether you are a failed vaudeville comedian or that you reside in a parallel universe where the distortion of events and the truth are the norm

well, whatever. I just hope it is peaceful and no-one is injured

Prbkk post # 6

One is led to wonder whether you are a failed vaudeville comedian or that you reside in a parallel universe where the distortion of events and the truth are the norm

well, whatever. I just hope it is peaceful and no-one is injured

Is that your very last word? laugh.png

I have seen the videos made from the quadrocopters....I can't tell if it was 6 Million or just 1 Millon or just 800.000.

But surely it wasn't 75.000.

cut their power.

Shut down their media.

Actually DO something.

I take it that you had the same view in 2010.

cut their power.

Shut down their media.

Actually DO something.

How about the right of freedom of speech, freedom of movement, and freedom protest in regard to what any person believes is wrong?

Freedom of movement?

Are you serious?

sigh.

cut their power.

Shut down their media.

Actually DO something.

sheep-in-the-big-city.gif?w=207&h=200

cut their power.

Shut down their media.

Actually DO something.

I take it that you had the same view in 2010.

This is not 2010.

Something you can't seem to fathom.

cut their power.

Shut down their media.

Actually DO something.

I think somebody put something in your spinach

Well, for argument's sake, take the AFP figure of 150,000 ( high in the estimation of many but...)but even that (inflated) number did not satisfy Suthep. He increased it 40 fold. Whose numbers have been refuted?

More of your fluff.

On one point, many posters here have commented, for a long time, about numerous specific and serious inaccuracies in AFP reports, also suggestions that they are biased towards the government / caretaker government, so IMHO I wouldn't be too quick to accept their numbers.

You said 75,000 and now you quote 150,00 (as an inflated number, in your opinion). Lots of scope there, or perhaps your just confused.

Edited by scorecard

cut their power.

Shut down their media.

Actually DO something.

How about the right of freedom of speech, freedom of movement, and freedom protest in regard to what any person believes is wrong?

Freedom of movement?

Are you serious?

sigh.

Yes I am very serious, or perhaps you think a government has the right to purposely control / herd people around at the governments whim.

Perhaps you also support dictators, which is a key word in why these protests are even taking place.

Question:

When do peaceful demonstrations become life-threatening?

Although it is speculation at the moment, the proposed shutting down of the city's water and electricity, IMHO, would be severely over stepping the mark. I'm sorry, but in my view when peaceful protests endanger the innocent, the weak, the sick, then it becomes more than a peaceful protest.

• Like 1

What do you expect - he supports PTP. Numbers are made up at will, Just little white lies to make the people feel better.

cut their power.

Shut down their media.

Actually DO something.

sheep-in-the-big-city.gif?w=207&h=200

... most also come originally from the Isaan area

I've got a mental image of the governor sitting in his house in an old wife beater and shorts with a few crates of Leo, a fridge full of microwaveable CP spaghetti carbonara, a bong and a couple of ounces of weed and the entire series of The Walking Dead on DVD.

Oh, I hadn't realised that the Governer was a member of Thai Visa!:)

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

• Like 1

Look his picture and be patient with him...wai.gif