Angry Rodman defends N Korea visit

webfact

Angry Dennis Rodman defends North Korea visit

(BBC) Dennis Rodman has angrily defended his visit to North Korea, ahead of a basketball game to mark leader Kim Jong-un's birthday.

In an interview with CNN, Rodman was asked if he would raise the issue of a US citizen jailed in North Korea.

The former NBA player responded with a rant that at one point appeared to point blame at the man, Kenneth Bae.

Rodman's visit has been criticised by rights groups, with Washington making it clear he does not represent the US.

His team of former National Basketball Association (NBA) players will take on a North Korean team in an exhibition match later on Wednesday in Pyongyang.

Rodman says the match is to celebrate Kim Jong-un's birthday, although his official birthday and age have not been confirmed.

It comes weeks after the execution of Mr Kim's uncle, Chang Song-thaek, once seen as a major power in North Korea. His rapid and brutal purge has sparked concern over stability inside the country.

Full story: http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-25648091

bbclogo.jpg
-- BBC 2014-01-08

Rodman says the match is to celebrate Kim Jong-un's birthday, although his official birthday and age have not been confirmed.

It comes weeks after the execution of Mr Kim's uncle, Chang Song-thaek, once seen as a major power in North Korea. His rapid and brutal purge has sparked concern over stability inside the country.

Kim Jong-Un made starving dogs eat naked uncle alive in cage

Singapore: North Korean leader Kim Jong-Un's uncle was stripped naked and thrown into a cage to be executed by dogs.

be careful as to what you may eat at the birthday boys bash Rodman

A despicable action from that despicable creature Rodman in my view.

Edited by siampolee
  • Like 1

I've seen the interview. "Defends his visit" is a very generous way of describing his rant.

I saw a snippet of it on the news, but did not understand anything he said. Was he speaking English?

A dialect. thumbsup.gif

I'm impressed he got those other players to play along with him. I bet they'll regret it.

Edited by Jingthing
  • Like 1

I've seen the interview. "Defends his visit" is a very generous way of describing his rant.

I saw a snippet of it on the news, but did not understand anything he said. Was he speaking English?

He blew his stack and was incoherent. If you listen a few times you can make out he is saying, but it doesn't make much sense.

• Like 1

A dialect. thumbsup.gif

I'm impressed he got those other players to play along with him. I bet they'll regret it.

They all had "<deleted> have I got into" looks on their faces during DR's rant.

Kim Jong-Un made starving dogs eat naked uncle alive in cage

Singapore: North Korean leader Kim Jong-Un's uncle was stripped naked and thrown into a cage to be executed by dogs.

be careful as to what you may eat at the birthday boys bash Rodman

A despicable action from that despicable creature Rodman in my view.

I have no sympathy for Rodman whatsoever. He just needs to hope that he doesn't say anything untoward that might upset the current "leader", otherwise he may also become dog food...!!

• Like 1

If this idiot likes North Korea so much maybe he should migrate there .

Damn. That is an excellent idea. Wonder how he would feel after a year or so. Not being able to buy cheetos, or get special friends to help him out regularly. Wonder if his dear friend would still command his respect. Did he say something about Un the Whale having a great heart? What planet is he living on, anyway? I think it may have started out as some sort of publicity stunt, to get himself back into the limelight he had been missing so desperately. When Madonna was advising him, he had a PR Master at his disposal. Whoever is advising him now needs to find another form of work. And Rodman needs to get a life.

• Like 1

A useless sack of, well, a useless sack... But I AM surprised he got some fellows to play along...

When a career is finished and one doesn't have any other viable job or life skills, the lure of a well paying gig is attractive.

One does question the ethics of the participants. In a country where much of the population is starving and where foreign income is derived from the distribution of addictive drugs and counterfeiting, I wonder if these people have a conscience. We all know Rodman isn't all there, but surely Kenny Anderson and Cliff Robinson need to be held accountable for their business decision. These are rational adults who should know right from wrong. It is just a shameful event and the participants should be subject to public scorn and admonishment.

• Like 2

His first visit was good and I defended him at that time, but this time he has really lost it. Whilst it is true that he is not a diplomat and the American being held hostage by the DPR authorities is a political issue hence not for him to talk about, there is no excuse for his ranting and raving. He seemed drunk to me.

• Like 2