Bangkok immigration opens additional offices during demonstrations

I went to the one at Imperial World Lad Prao today and was fine... hardly anyone there so processed my 90-day in about 10mins.... I went to Ladprao MRT and then took a taxi to Imperial World for 60bt... Took me a while to find the immigration once I was inside the building but its just a matter of finding the lifts, going to the 5th floor and following the signs to the immigration office.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Phone numbers for the different sections:

Visa Issuing & Change type of visa Section (งานขอรับและเปลี่ยนประเภทการตรวจลงตรา)

089-7776111

Re-entry Permit Section (งานขออนุญาตกลับเข้ามาในราชอาณาจักรอีก)

095-8850848

Resident Permit Section (งานขอมีถิ่นที่อยู่)

081-4414055

Residence Certificated Issuing Section (งานใบสำคัญถิ่นที่อยู่)

083-5566599

Alien registration Section (งานทะเบียนคนต่างด้าว)

089-5082862

Non Immigrant - Visa (O) Extension Section (งานขออยู่ต่อประเภททั่วไป)

089-9807121

Official, ED, Sec.15 Visa Extension Section (งานขออยู่ต่อประเภทราชการ)

089-8153120

Tourist Visa Extension Section (งานขออยู่ต่อประเภทท่องเที่ยว)

092-3294915

Transit, Without Visa, Visa on Arrival Extension Section (งานขออยู่ต่อประเภทอื่นๆ)

095-7039907

Non Immigrant - Visa (cool.png Extension Section (งานขออยู่ต่อประเภทธุรกิจ)

092-4631134

Legalized special Labor of Laos, Cambodia and Mynmar (แรงงานต่างด้าว 3 สัญชาติ)

Went to the Ratburana office this morning with a friend for a 30 day Tourist visa extension. In and out in less than 25 minutes. Plenty of staff, including some posted outside the Major Hollywood complex directing immigration seekers (probably three staff for every customer); and a very well organised and clearly marked process. Not sure how long this will last as the alternate may start to suffer from an overload with Chang Wattana closed, but today it was almost pleasant going to immigration.

• Like 1

What a bloody mess for anyone needing to tend to these matters during this raucous! For those in need....I wish you all good luck and safe travels.

A mess?!? This is the best news I've had all week! I went to the huge place out by the old airport one time and was a day from hell. I never want to go there again.

LadPrao here I come! xpartytime2.gif.pagespeed.ic.V_K7hML3fS.

I just want to say "Thank you!" to all the people that posted info here about the change from Chaeng Watthana to Lad Prao. Your information was invaluable! If I went all the way out to "Buddha's Country" and found out that it was closed, I think I would've "went Postal".

Lad Prao is easier and cheaper to get to from anywhere an expat/tourist would be, so I hope that "Shutdown Bangkok" lasts for a couple years. wai2.gif.pagespeed.ce.goigDuXn4X.gif

I arrived at 10:25 and left at 11:30, which seems pretty good to me! I was there to extend a tourist visa. Even with the info from ThaiVisa, it was a bit difficult to find, but without this info, it would've been horrible. If you've never been to this place, you wouldn't understand. It was the biggest, most convoluted BigC I've ever seen. You really have to walk around the 5th floor parking lot - don't be deterred, it's there and you will find it. (Just ignore the motorcye drivers puking over in the corner, they seem harmless.)

Long Live LadPrao!

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Went to the Ladprao office yesterday. Got there at 11am and waited 2.5 hours to have my visa stamps transferred to my new passport (10 people queue). At 1:30pm got on 5 person queue for the 90 day notice...took 10 mins. Very long line in the morning for the 90 day queue, might be better off going in the afternoon.

I wish that I was able to report every 90 days at Major Hollywood in Suk Sawad. Set off this morning from Sathorn arrived at 09.30am, out by 09.54am, what a joy! Interesting bit of information - the charming Immigration Officer told me that I would have to report here in April as well. I wish that I could always report at Sukanya Sawad, it would be so much easier than Changwattana.

Sent from my i-mobile IQ 6 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

I wish that I was able to report every 90 days at Major Hollywood in Suk Sawad. Set off this morning from Sathorn arrived at 09.30am, out by 09.54am, what a joy! Interesting bit of information - the charming Immigration Officer told me that I would have to report here in April as well. I wish that I could always report at Sukanya Sawad, it would be so much easier than Changwattana.

Sent from my i-mobile IQ 6 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Since January 2nd you can make your 90 day reports there even after CW reopens.

From 2nd January, 2014, all foreigners residing in Bangkok will be able to provide their 90 days notification of residence at 2 additional offices, which are Immigration Service Center for 3 national Legalized Labors, Major Hollywood Suksawat and Imperial World Ladprao.

Near bottom of Bangkok immigration home page: http://bangkok.immigration.go.th/en/base.php

• Like 1

It is full service at both locations until CW reopens.

Thanks a lot - did my extension at Imperial World and was fairly quick given the apparent chaos.

As others have stated before, go to the 5th floor - by whichever route gets you there fastest. In our case, the lifts were obviously stationary, then the useful Immigration arrow signs took us to an escalator that was blocked off... at one point I stood in an aisle looking at two arrows pointing in opposite directions ... eventually got there. Walked past the hundreds of Asians sat on the floor - immigrant workers from neighbouring countries - then kept walking until someone stopped us. I think the staff there must be a mixture of their regular people plus those drafted in from CW, so don't expect them all to be fluent in "administrative English"; indeed, even with a Thai speaker, we ended up in the wrong queue! Wasted 20 minutes, but only took another 20 and we were out of there!

Although not far from where I live, I'd never been to this mall - looks like a red-shirts centre! Slightly faded old-style shopping centre, but on the upside found some nice clothes for my little kid!

On the whole, much faster and cheaper than going to CW.

Could I go to renew my retirement visa at Immigration in Jomtian / Pattaya or do I have to do it in Bangkok?

In the past 3 years I have done in at Bangkok, but I do have a Condo in Pattaya so I wondered if I could just go there, as it's very quick compared to Chang Wattana

Any advice.

Could I go to renew my retirement visa at Immigration in Jomtian / Pattaya or do I have to do it in Bangkok?

In the past 3 years I have done in at Bangkok, but I do have a Condo in Pattaya so I wondered if I could just go there, as it's very quick compared to Chang Wattana

Any advice.

Suspect that you'll need to provide Jomtien with a completed TM28 change of address form (downloadable at http://www.immigration.go.th/nov2004/en/base.php?page=download) along with suitable proof, in addition to the normal paperwork needed for a retirement extension of stay. This would probably mean your having to use Jomtien instead of Bangkok for all 90-day reports and extensions of stay from now on. I would have thought it unlikely that Immigration would be happy with you chopping and changing between offices on a regular basis.

Edited by OJAS

Quote : Suspect that you'll need to provide Jomtien with a completed TM28 change of address form (downloadable at http://www.immigrati...p?page=download) along with suitable proof, in addition to the normal paperwork needed for a retirement extension of stay. This would probably mean your having to use Jomtien instead of Bangkok for all 90-day reports and extensions of stay from now on. I would have thought it unlikely that Immigration would be happy with you chopping and changing between offices on a regular basis.

Reply : thinking through my options/possibilities

1: They may accept that I have a BKK address and accept my application to renew my Visa and multiple re try and I gave the forms TM 7 and TM 8 all filled out together with bank book, letter from bank, passport, pictures and everything photocopied. i.e., they don't care where I live so long as I apply for the visa with the necessary forms and documents.

2: They may alternatively say that I have to register the new address, or accept it as is. I'm taking my Condo deeds and blue book, together with a water bill and True internet bill all of which show my name. If that's the case I don't mind changing my address consists often quicker to get to Pattaya than it is to Chang Wattana, and the office here is much much quicker than BKK

My concern would be that in addition they might want a letter from the embassy and that's a trip back to BKK, etc.

Regarding the 90 day renewal, I don't think they care whether it's done in BKK or Pattaya as I've used both over the last few years and I one ever mentioned the fact that my address was in BKK

I hope that I can just get it done tomorrow and finished with and then in future once a year I'll renew my visa in Pattaya, and it'll be easier.

I'll post and let you know what happens in case anyone else is in a similar position

Regards

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect Thailand

Quote : Suspect that you'll need to provide Jomtien with a completed TM28 change of address form (downloadable at http://www.immigrati...p?page=download) along with suitable proof, in addition to the normal paperwork needed for a retirement extension of stay. This would probably mean your having to use Jomtien instead of Bangkok for all 90-day reports and extensions of stay from now on. I would have thought it unlikely that Immigration would be happy with you chopping and changing between offices on a regular basis.

Reply : thinking through my options/possibilities

1: They may accept that I have a BKK address and accept my application to renew my Visa and multiple re try and I gave the forms TM 7 and TM 8 all filled out together with bank book, letter from bank, passport, pictures and everything photocopied. i.e., they don't care where I live so long as I apply for the visa with the necessary forms and documents.

2: They may alternatively say that I have to register the new address, or accept it as is. I'm taking my Condo deeds and blue book, together with a water bill and True internet bill all of which show my name. If that's the case I don't mind changing my address consists often quicker to get to Pattaya than it is to Chang Wattana, and the office here is much much quicker than BKK

My concern would be that in addition they might want a letter from the embassy and that's a trip back to BKK, etc.

Regarding the 90 day renewal, I don't think they care whether it's done in BKK or Pattaya as I've used both over the last few years and I one ever mentioned the fact that my address was in BKK

I hope that I can just get it done tomorrow and finished with and then in future once a year I'll renew my visa in Pattaya, and it'll be easier.

I'll post and let you know what happens in case anyone else is in a similar position

Regards

If you are going to use Jomtien for retirement extensions of stay from now on, you would be strongly advised to open an account at your bank's Pattaya branch. Assuming that you currently have a bank account at a BKK branch, this would then avoid the need for a trip back to BKK for a bank balance confirmation letter plus a further trip if Jomtien detected any problem with it!

Edited by OJAS

Thanks for your comment, that's good advice about opening a bank account in Pattaya.

This morning I went in, presented my documents, and was asked if I wanted to use my Pattaya address. This without me even mentioning I was from Bangkok. (Must be obvious from the previous stamps in the passport)

I said yes, and they asked me for something showing where I stayed, I said I brought all my condo documents with me and they said they just wanted to look at the first page of the Blue Book.

I presented it to the along with a photocopy already prepared.

They were satisfied, and said "Ok now when you come next year bring the blue book with you”, they gave me a ticket and said ”Come back this afternoon and collect your passport at 3pm"

So looks like all has gone well, and much easier than messing around in BKK.

I arrived at the Immigration office at 8:30am and left at 9am

this afternoon after collecting my Passport I hope to apply for my Multiple entry Visa and then I'm done for another year.

I went today at 3pm and was quite empty-ish, The staff were very friendly, time it took from arriving at big C to leaving was about 40 minutes, that time included filling in the form and scanning my papers.

Best way is to use the lift to floor 5, the escalator from 4 to 5 is blocked off and doesn't work, which was convenient. Once on the 5th floor, it's in the corner where food court signs seem to be placed and down a corridor where you might see people sitting on floor in a line. Walk straight past and as reach the office, I went to the right (not inside the office) and filled in my form on the desk outside and used the scanner nearby which was 9 baht for my 4 scans, Then went to a desk which will be lettered for what you are doing (J was extension 30 days for example) and signed my papers/copies and got given a ticket number and got told to go inside the office/waiting room. Wait for your number to be called, hand your stuff over and wait 10-20 minutes to receive back, all done.

Sorry if anything was previous been said already.

Edited by liamstevens111

Did anyone ever get any clear answer of whether BKK Immigration is continuing to accept mailed-in 90-day reports addressed to ChaengWattana, even though the office itself there remains closed due to the protests???

I haven't seen any mention that the two alternate offices they've opened in BKK ARE accepting mailed-in 90-day reports...

There are topics about this on the forum.

There are some reports that were sent to CW that are waiting at the post office to be delivered.

There is is one report of a report that was successfully mailed to Lad Phrao and had gotten the receipt back.

Mine was mailed on the freakin 13th, the day these s_itheads blocked off CW and it's still floating out there somewhere.

I'd take mine in if I were you as now I HAVE to because of these p_icks.

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Well, the issue of where to mail in 90-day reports in BKK right now seems about as clear as MUD!!!

As Eman noted above, his mailed in report to CW in the mid-Jan. timeframe went astray.

Another member here who I PM'd with was advised back in early Dec. to mail to CW, and he confirmed to me today that his report was received and he got back the required receipt from Immigration by postal mail. That member also posted in one thread on calling the Govt. 1111 Hotline back in Dec., and being advised to mail to CW.

So today, I called the same 1111 hotline, and the English speaking officer handling Immigration questions there today, in answer to my question, advised me to mail my 90 Day report form to Lad Phrao -- and NOT to ChaengWattana.

Separately here, in one post around Christmas time, Mario advised mailing to CW, but later in a mid-Jan post was more uncertain. Ubon Joe advised mailing to CW in a Jan. 14 post.

So, today, when I asked the Hotline guy about the seemingly contradictory advice being given, he game me a phone number to call tomorrow (Monday) for the 90-Day reports desk at Lad Phrao, and suggested to ask the same question there.

YEESH!!!!! I'll call the number tomorrow (assuming it's a valid number) and report back here on whatever answer I receive from Immigration.

Meanwhile, if anyone else has any insight/experience on this subject of WHERE to mail-in 90-day reports in Bangkok, please do chime in.

Edited by TallGuyJohninBKK

I posted the following in this topic earlier which would be a good topic to continue this discussion: http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/700970-90-day-reporting-by-ems-mail-to-chang-wattana-office-closed/#entry7382424

If wanting to check on 90 day reports this is a temporary number posted on immigration website 092-3294915.

Source: http://bangkok.immig....go.th/tel.html

I posted the following in this topic earlier which would be a good topic to continue this discussion: http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/700970-90-day-reporting-by-ems-mail-to-chang-wattana-office-closed/#entry7382424

If wanting to check on 90 day reports this is a temporary number posted on immigration website 092-3294915.

Source: http://bangkok.immig....go.th/tel.html

Yes... the 092-329-4915 number is the same number the Govt. Hotline guy gave me today for contacting their Lad Prao office about 90 day reports.

And thanks, I hadn't seen the other thread you link to above, that just started in the past day or so. In that case, there was another OP's mailed in report to CW that went undelivered.

So, since that's a new running thread specifically on the topic of where to mail, per your suggestion, I'll continue the discussion there.

Never was able to get anyone to answer at the 90-day reporting number at Lad Prao... 092-....

But the answer Lad Prao provided mid-last week after reaching them at a different, main number for their office was -- don't mail 90-day reports to them.

They said people have to submit them in person at either Lad Prao or Major Suksawat for the time being... as long as ChangWattana remains closed.

• 1 month later...

Even though the airport is not going to be shut down...I was just wondering, last time it got shut down, and everybody was in a hum, did they get any slack on overstaying their visas...or were they penalized for that as well?

Passport was in an embassy on Wireless Road being processed for a visa in April 2010 when they closed that street and all the embassies closed. Took a note from the embassy a week later when Wireless opened but Suvarnabhumi immigration just laughed and thought it was real funny and would not process me until I paid for 5 days overstay.