Elderly German Man Robbed Of 50,000 THB

Rimmer

Those facial injuries are definitely not the result of a fall, but obviously inflicted by hard blows, probably punches and kicks to the face.

It is possible that the man after being attacked was disorientated and fell down a flight of steps trying to make his way from the scene?

So Pattaya claims another farang victim of a vicious crime. Unfortunately I doubt whether this guy will be the last victim of a robbery, an assault or even a murder in the crime ridden resort of Pattaya, that is those who take the risk of visiting that place believing that the worst will happen to the other fella and not to them.

• Like 1

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The amount stolen is equal to only around two 500 Euro Notes. Maybe he felt carrying it was safer than leaving it in his hotel room.

Yet, being anywhere drunk and elderly in the middle of the night walking alone can find you mugged almost anywhere in the world.

The euro is only 45 to 1, so check your calculations again

The amount stolen is equal to only around two 500 Euro Notes. Maybe he felt carrying it was safer than leaving it in his hotel room.

Yet, being anywhere drunk and elderly in the middle of the night walking alone can find you mugged almost anywhere in the world.

So what? And your point is?

• Like 2

What I find most disturbing is that they felt the need to beat him so badly - he could have died. Why not just hold him down, take the money and go? They obviously really hate foreigners and have no conscience about violently beating an elderly man. Too many of these incidents in Pattaya. It certainly would be one place I'd stay away from if I was a pensioner.

• Like 2

Was he drunk?

Why do so many always assume that when a farang gets beaten up, robbed or murdered in Thailand that they were drunk?

Because a drunk is an easier prey than a sober person able to react faster, defend him self or be smart enough to run away....

It's really easy for a 75 year old farang to run away or defend himself against a group of young Thai men ;)
  • Like 1

Pattaya is a city where one has always got to be on one's guard whether young or old drunk or sober. I can't imagine there are many farangs who have not been assaulted or very close to being assaulted and robbed if they have lived in Pattaya for some time.

I feel I've been fortunate in only suffering an attempted robbery on Pattaya beach by a lone ladyboy and that incident was largely my own fault (you can guess why)

However, I've had to take flight from worrying situations on numerous occasions.

I still think it's far safer in Pattaya than in Manila where one has to have eyes in the back of one's head and every scam known to man is perpetrated on a regular basis. From arriving at Manila airport to getting back on the plane the Philippines is like an assault course where every illegal device known to man is in evidence to try to part you from your pesos if not your life.

The great motor racing driver Stirling Moss said the most important lesson to learn was 'defensive driving'. In Pattaya that would translate to 'defensive walking'

Was he drunk?

Why do so many always assume that when a farang gets beaten up, robbed or murdered in Thailand that they were drunk?

Because a drunk is an easier prey than a sober person able to react faster, defend him self or be smart enough to run away....

It's really easy for a 75 year old farang to run away or defend himself against a group of young Thai men wink.png

agree if a 75 year old man can't defeat a gang of thais beating the <deleted> out of him, then yes it is his fault. In Thailand with all the Thai apologist this guy asked for it he provoked the thai to attack and rob him. This evil lowlife farang is trying to give Thailand a bad name and many Thai Visa members would be itching to kick the <deleted> out of him for it

So what? And your point is?

I think he is calculating the age of a Senior Citizen to the degree of assault and robbery. Then bring it down to the baht and then there is no offence.

Edited by chooka

wow they have 500 euro notes?

My country has 10k notes i think.

Are you Korean??

Are you Korean??

nope my country's currency is the dollar on almost on par with the aussie.

Reading this story ,there are two sides ,he says he was robbed ,bystanders say he just fell down the stairs ,one side is lying ,could it be the gentelman thinks his insurance company will pay out this money if he was robbed? that or all the bystanders are lying to the police.

Didn't take long for someone to come along and blame the victim.

I don't regard what andreas said as being the same as blaming him?ermm.gif

Everyone needs to exercise common sense and it is simply imprudent to walk around with large sums of money in the early hours of the morning?

large sums

coffee1.gif

I'm saying large sum in terms of the time of day.

Okay, what would you spend 50,000 Baht on at 4 AM in the morning? You can't drink that much and no woman is worth that much. And there aren't that many shops open at that time of day?

"I can't imagine there are many farangs who have not been assaulted or very close to being assaulted and robbed if they have lived in Pattaya for some time."

I would suggest that you work on your imaginative skills then.

I have lived here in Jomtien for about nine years now, and never been in a situation where I felt possible threat. But then again I don't get drunk, am not stupid enough to wander around at 4 am where my skin color identifies me as a possible target and money source. Blame is for being stupid.

Therefore, the officers coordinate with the rescuers to perform first aid

Being that old and going through such a nightmare is unforgettable for everyone on this planet. The rescuers' performance. Holy Buddha.

Hope the poor soul still has some savings to pay for his Bratwurst and Sauerkraut breakfast.-coffee1.gif

Edited by sirchai

Idiot!! Walking 4 am with that much money on the street !!!!!

Didn't take long for someone to come along and blame the victim.

Never does take long for the usual idiots to spout their bile and excessive exclamation marks.

I dont know nothing about 10k notes , but for sure something that you had never seen is a 500 Euros note ( In Spain we call this note Ben Laden as is very rare to see and of course is mostly not accepted in shops )

Also this notes are registered , when the bank delivers to you one for example when you retire lets say 1000 Euros the bank register in their system that one note of 500 euros has been handed to the subject .

Edited by Wavnarok

They had to beat a 75yo unconscious to rob him? Typical, cowardly Thai males once again.

That is the sadest part of the history . Low moral and dead values , not even having respect for eldery persons is one of the lowest shit that one can find in this life .

How can you beat a person that could be your grandfather ? Really sad .

Behind that person beaten is a life of work , experiences , feelings , mistakes , etc..... that had finally come to his/her deserved retirement

Edited by Wavnarok
  • Like 2

Was he drunk?

I'm sorry, but at 75 years of age, regardless of what you may think, reaction time between drunk and sober wouldn't make that much difference.

That's before we get to the defending or running away bit.................wink.png

I have near me a 73 year young Ex-Box Amateur Champion,from Germany, who would object, not shear all over one comb!

That guy,will not run fast enough as his legs got old first, also he still makes his rounds, some miles every day with Nordic walking,

but his upper body is in good muscular shape, including his arms and he still has it in him, the Boxing!

At least with him it would make a bigger difference if sober or drunk. wink.png

Edited by ALFREDO

Not a matter of being on the street at any certain times at night no foreigner curfew yet in Thailand better just go to a country where it is safe to walk the streets at night, and forget about the time curfew’s set in Thailand and also a country where you can carry how much money you want to spend in one night. And not have set amounts that are not worth robbing

Idiot!! Walking 4 am with that much money on the street !!!!!

How about this?

Thailand wants ' big spending tourist' and now you say he's an idiot?

Why? Curfew at 10PM?

Are Girls with miniskirts idiots too if assaulted or worse?

Wake up and think before jumping on line (thin line I say!)

Edited by hgma
  • Like 1

Not blame the victim only say never walk at this time with that much on the street ,stupid is in it !?

If they were going to beat the tar out of someone, it didn't really matter how much he was carrying, did it? They probably didn't know how much it was until after they had attacked him. He could have had 20 baht in his pocket and he would have still been beaten unconscious. Frankly, if my life is threatened like that, I'd really rather be able to fork over a decent wad of cash in hopes they'll get all focused on counting it and leave me alive.

Or he could have left it in his hotel room and we'd have another thread about how stupid it is to leave money in a hotel room, even in the room safe.

Or he could walk around with no cash and we'd have another thread about how stupid it is to walk around without cash for emergencies.

Or we could have a thread about how stupid it is for an older guy to even come to Thailand. Tough audience here at TV...

That said, most of these stories seem to happen in the wee hours. My fear is that's about the time I get up and go to work in the morning. Sober as a judge, but without benefit of caffeine- I could be next. They'd get about $500 USD on most days.

Impulse for Mayor of TV!

Before we jump all over Pattaya let me assure you that I would not walk the streets of my city, Gold Coast Australia, alone at 4am.

There are thugs in all cities roaming the streets looking to beat/rob solo walkers.