Yingluck asks Suthep to help settle crisis

webfact

Nice pic above of YL.....

But.....Suthep has offered her an Olive branch many times.....all she has to do is resign...along with the rest in the Shinawatra clan in politics.....it's not hard....

Just a few days ago she said "we don´t want power we want peace", maybe she meant "we want power not peace".

Well, I believe she does want peace. There is nothing about her that suggests otherwise. I believe she has a key role to play in any reconciliation. People seem to have a genuine fondness for her ( regardless of any misdeeds of her brother). I doubt very much that she wants to be PM for long after the election. Perhaps some of the more liberal members of the Democrats would want to join her in a reconciliation govt? Many of the dems are furious with current events....perhaps a credible figure like Korn could come in as DPM after feb2?

People seem to have a genuine fondness for her? Who? Red shirts? I doubt even her own party members like her because she's so useless but they have no choice because her brother's the boss.

• Like 2

• Replies 193
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

IMO if either Thaksin or Suthep were serious about the real reforms the country needs, they would have publicly endorsed the recent proposal by TDRI President, Dr. Somkiat Tangkitvanich, on 'How Thailand can restore trust and avoid twin crises' which recommends tri-partite, binding negotiations between both sides of the political divide and a third body composed of civil sector representatives. I would add that none of the three groups would have veto power and that agreement between any two parties on any issue would be binding on all three.

...really?

Too late to TRY and avoid a Mexican stand- off with 1...10...100 deaths?

Why, is Yingluck going to order murders?

Probably not, but rest assured the overseas fugitive won't have any qualms about ordering the red-nose brigade to do what ever he considers necessary to safeguard his own interests.

Edited by Artisi
  • Like 1

I doubt very much that she wants to be PM for long after the election

She didn't want to be PM right up until just before the last election.

On 16 May 2011, the Pheu Thai party nominated the 44-year-old businesswoman as their candidate for prime minister ahead of the July 3 general election. Yingluck had earlier declined the party leadership stating that she did not want to be PM as she wanted to focus on her business. But Yingluck's older brother and former premier Thaksin had already made the decision for her. "Yingluck is my clone. She is my sister and can make decisions for me. She can say 'yes' or 'no' on my behalf," Thaksin noted in an interview.

Read more at: http://www.firstpost.com/topics/yingluck-shinawatra-55167.html?utm_source=ref_article

• Like 1

On 16 May 2011, the Pheu Thai party nominated the 44-year-old businesswoman as their candidate for prime minister ahead of the July 3 general election. Yingluck had earlier declined the party leadership stating that she did not want to be PM as she wanted to focus on her business. But Yingluck's older brother and former premier Thaksin had already made the decision for her. "Yingluck is my clone. She is my sister and can make decisions for me. She can say 'yes' or 'no' on my behalf," Thaksin noted in an interview.

Read more at: http://www.firstpost.com/topics/yingluck-shinawatra-55167.html?utm_source=ref_article

Yes, well while I doubt she reads TV, I have been horrified to read some of the vile, racist, misogynistic comments on here. Politicians are fair game but much of this stuff goes way beyond the pale ( not saying your posts specifically). Anyway, it is pretty clear that Suthep is scared to debate her and that says a lot about him.

The whole drama is the next plot for the next Thai Soap Opera except, people will suffer hardship from both sides of the political divide.

To allow an ex-PM to flee and avoid Gaol time and not seek to bring him back is the catalyst for what we have today.

I have no sympathy for either side. They are getting what they deserve, but the Thai people and Thailand as whole doesn't need this battle between both elite groups!

It demonstrates why Thailand will always be considered 3rd world. The Heirachal system that rules this country will continue to see it dwell in the 3rd world.

YS has demonstrated her stubbornness to ignore the reality of her failed and corrupt policies.

Sutep has displayed likewise.

Both feel they are right. Both are wrong when they continue to play with the future of their country.

There is no answer while their ego's dominate their agenda.

You need to clean up your house Thailand before you can call it home.

I have a 3yo 50/50 son. I want him to have some sort of future, but I just see nothing but smog!

But.....Suthep has offered her an Olive branch many times.....all she has to do is resign...along with the rest in the Shinawatra clan in politics.....it's not hard....

Just a few days ago she said "we don´t want power we want peace", maybe she meant "we want power not peace".

Well, I believe she does want peace. There is nothing about her that suggests otherwise. I believe she has a key role to play in any reconciliation. People seem to have a genuine fondness for her ( regardless of any misdeeds of her brother). I doubt very much that she wants to be PM for long after the election. Perhaps some of the more liberal members of the Democrats would want to join her in a reconciliation govt? Many of the dems are furious with current events....perhaps a credible figure like Korn could come in as DPM after feb2?

The glaring thing that says she doesn't want peace is having her number one on the party list ticket AND Somchai as number two. That puts the Shinawatras in power, and doesn't do anything for peace and even less for reconciliation. If she didn't want to be PM, she would stand down now. Why would she stand down soon after being elected?

Edited by whybother

Yingluck has offered already so many opportunities to Suthep (and the Dems) to dialogue.

Each and everyone of these offers has been immediately rejected by her opponents.

And after so many attempts she is still offering more opportunities to reach a solution together... while Suthep and his thugs continue to make Thailand fall into chaos.

Wow rolleyes.gif

She really should be nominated for the Nobel Peace Prize !!!

Sent from my HTC One using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

so according to you all the doctors, students,professors and businessmen and many other professionals who support Suthep are thugs. You seem so ill educated that you don't even know the meaning of the word thugs.

People seem to have a genuine fondness for her? Who? Red shirts? I doubt even her own party members like her because she's so useless but they have no choice because her brother's the boss.

not a fondess but but a respect for the way she is handling things atm, all I care about it people dont get hurt and im 100% certain if roles were reversed as they were before a lot more would be dead by now, I dont wish that like some seem to relish here.

I think you'll find its mainly she isnt the one running about shouting and looking like a nutjob. Oh plus theres that little thing like being legitimately elected plus calling another election for the people to decide, plus the many times dialogue has been offered.

Sorry to bust the bubble but to the outside world Suthep is about as popular as Mao was and a threat to all that democracy stands for whilst the lady PM looks on and has tried to do all thats possible to avoid violence.

Forgetting the appalling policies, Yingluck is not her brother and she HAS tried to avoided bloodshed at every turn so far. This is stark compared to 2010 and Abhisit with Sutheps attitude. I beiieve she does wish peace whereas i believe Suthep really dosnt care as long as he gets what he wants, if it creates fear while hes at it then i also believe he wishes that too.

If a movement is offered talks and refuses this is foolish, Suthep had repeatedly refused all talks and is impressing no one with this stubbornness, it may work in Samui but it dosnt work in real world politics, we saw his attitude last time he had power ... he ordered the use of live ammo and got a lot of Thais killed.

I really wish for a party to evolve and get with the programme here and take on PT but it isnt the Dems and it sure as heck isnt Suthep. That guy is pure poison.

As to the way people here are over reacting and baying for blood ? well they are fools as well. Every country messes up from time to time its no big deal here either. Thaksinomics rescued Thailand in the early 2000s there is no question of that, so ? his party have gone full circle by ruining what they saved, again nothing strange in that. As an example the Torys did it in the UK with Thatcher and again with Labour and Blair after. It also took time to kick them out but we did, this lot here have no patience or wish to work hard to change and thats the main reason why the place is in the crap most are just too lazy to do things properly.

Get a grip some of you and grow up, your wish for change may be well placed but your belief it must come at the expense of liberty and freedom to vote is about as stupid as it gets, but then again we also know a lot of farang here arn't exactly educated properly or understand how to debate either, we can see this when people get accused of being red or yellow because they have a differing opinion on something... umm no you fool its just people have a right to have a different opinion on some things.

My opinion is Yingluck whatever else you may say is clearly trying to avoid bloodshed at all costs....so I can afford a well done to her and nope im not red just someone who prefers peace to violence. Seems some here are just being pathetic and would rather see conflict which just shows how much they care about the people here.

Suthep however dosnt give a shit and has been trying to force it into violence in order to pressurize the army into acting.... this is clearly obvious, marching is one thing taking control of buildings and storming locations etc isnt protesting its civil unrest and far more threatening....and violent.

So sorry to upset people but only one group here is offering the other side a negotiation, that is democratic the other and supposed peoples side ( which its not ) is just demanding all control.

Either sit down at talks or go to the polls, if neither of those then no I wont support your mob rule at all, why ? because it shows right from the beginning the lack of honesty and integrity this movement really is if it wont do a simple thing as sit down to talks or take part in a free election.... Suthep would probably only get more controlling if he were to win. I wont support that kind of mob rule, no way.

Oh and before someone comes up with the buying votes etc, both sides do it and always have. I know many who take from both sides then they go vote how they wish anyway.

• Like 2

If the caretaker PM is truly serious about the concerns of the citizens, she would hold a Public Town Hall or something like it where the public can express the discontent. Instead of arguing with the opposition. Because the root of the protest is not with Suthep, it is with the people. Suthep is just the voice of those frustrated with the abuse and misconduct of this administration. So to truly understand how to solve the problem is to understand the peoples problem.

Unless YS recognizes that, she will never truly understand the problem facing Thailand. As as a leader she can not be partial to only a certain group of people. The King travelled everywhere and listened to many of his subject. And heard directly from the people. Maybe she needs to do this and release the chains that bounds her to her brother.

• Like 1

Yes, well while I doubt she reads TV, I have been horrified to read some of the vile, racist, misogynistic comments on here. Politicians are fair game but much of this stuff goes way beyond the pale ( not saying your posts specifically). Anyway, it is pretty clear that Suthep is scared to debate her and that says a lot about him.

The same sort of vile comments about Suthep are littered throughout the forum so it's definitely a two-way street.

As for debating, you have it backwards. Yingluck rejected a chance to debate when offered to do so by Suthep just a few weeks ago as reported in a Dec. 27 article in Bangkok Post (not linkable).

Edited by Maha Sarakham Marty

Once again, looking for the toilet when the crap is already coming out.

You talk about resolving conflicts while your government is inflaming the situation by making all sorts of threats. You say you want to 'reform' while your family is making things worse by actually adding another Shinawatra to the election roster. You should have resolved this long ago and distanced yourself from your criminal brother. Feeling all generous and conciliatory now that a coup is imminent? You should have found that toilet and toilet paper long ago.

There is no need for vulgarity. Please stay on topic and stop with the toilet references. She is still the PM. And in any case, she appears to be holding out an olive branch. Why are you so keen on seeing chaos?

Agree the toilet and bowel movement analogy may be a trifle vulgar. However she isn't still the PM. She is the caretaker PM/DM. Earlier she was saying she would hold Suthep responsible. Now its both of them (guess she will be asking Tarit to charge certain protest leaders from 2010 like he has done Abhisit and Suthep?). She continues to make contradictory statements regularly and given the past history of u-turns, cheating and little white lies, would you trust them?

She's been backed into a corner and is now trying to appear all reasonable and helpful, tears'n all. Beware of Greeks bearing gifts - or olive branches.

Yingluck has offered already so many opportunities to Suthep (and the Dems) to dialogue.

Each and everyone of these offers has been immediately rejected by her opponents.

And after so many attempts she is still offering more opportunities to reach a solution together... while Suthep and his thugs continue to make Thailand fall into chaos.

Wow rolleyes.gif

She really should be nominated for the Nobel Peace Prize !!!

so according to you all the doctors, students,professors and businessmen and many other professionals who support Suthep are thugs. You seem so ill educated that you don't even know the meaning of the word thugs.

When busses' windows are smashed, taxis vandalized, red shirts shot, government buildings occupied, journalists brutalized, guns stolen from police cars, a child attacked, a taxi driver nearly beaten to death, the TV stations intimidated, a police officer shot dead, iPads stolen by protesters in government offices, ... I can hardly believe that it is the work of "doctors"...

I do believe it can be the work of "student thugs"...

Yellow thugs... Crystal clear :rolleyes:

not a fondess but but a respect for the way she is handling things atm, all I care about is people dont get hurt and im 100% certain if roles were reversed as they were before a lot more would be dead by now, I dont wish that like some seem to relish here.

I think you'll find its mainly she isnt the one running about shouting and looking like a nutjob. Oh plus theres that little thing like being legitimately elected plus calling another election for the people to decide, plus the many times dialogue has been offered.

Sorry to bust the bubble but to the outside world Suthep is about as popular as headache and a threat to all that democracy stands for whilst the lady PM looks on and has tried to do all thats possible to avoid violence and offered the only thing possible, an election. That is giving the power to the people not a mob demanding what they want.. thats a select few not the people.

Forgetting the appalling policies, Yingluck is not her brother and she HAS tried to avoid bloodshed at every turn so far. This is stark compared to 2010 and Abhisit with Sutheps attitude. I beiieve she does wish peace whereas i believe Suthep really dosnt care as long as he gets what he wants, if it creates fear while hes at it then i also believe he wishes that too.

If a movement is offered talks and refuses this is foolish, Suthep had repeatedly refused all talks and is impressing no one with this stubbornness, it may work in Samui but it dosnt work in real world politics, we saw his attitude last time he had power ... he ordered the use of live ammo and got a lot of Thais killed.

I really wish for a party to evolve and get with the programme here and take on PT but it isnt the Dems and it sure as heck isnt Suthep. That guy is pure poison.

As to the way people here are over reacting and baying for blood ? well they are fools as well. Every country messes up from time to time its no big deal here either. Thaksinomics rescued Thailand in the early 2000s there is no question of that, so ? his party have gone full circle by ruining what they saved, again nothing strange in that. As an example the Torys did it in the UK with Thatcher and again with Labour and Blair after. It also took time to kick them out but we did, this lot here have no patience or wish to work hard to change and thats the main reason why the place is in the crap most are just too lazy to do things properly.

Get a grip some of you and grow up, your wish for change may be well placed but your belief it must come at the expense of liberty and freedom to vote is about as stupid as it gets, but then again we also know a lot of farang here arn't exactly educated properly or understand how to debate either, we can see this when people get accused of being red or yellow because they have a differing opinion on something... umm no you fool its just people have a right to have a different opinion on some things.

My opinion is Yingluck whatever else you may say is clearly trying to avoid bloodshed at all costs....so I can afford a well done to her and nope im not red just someone who prefers peace to violence. Seems some here are just being pathetic and would rather see conflict which just shows how much they care about the people here.

Suthep however dosnt give a shit and has been trying to force it into violence in order to pressurize the army into acting.... this is clearly obvious, marching is one thing taking control of buildings and storming locations etc isnt protesting its civil unrest and far more threatening....and violent.

So sorry to upset people but only one group here is offering the other side a negotiation, that is democratic the other and supposed peoples side ( which its not ) is just demanding all control.

Either sit down at talks or go to the polls, if neither of those then no I wont support your mob rule at all, why ? because it shows right from the beginning the lack of honesty and integrity this movement really has if it wont do a simple thing as sit down to talks or take part in a free election.... Suthep would probably only get more controlling if he were to win. I wont support that kind of mob rule, no way.

Oh and before someone comes up with the buying votes etc, both sides do it and always have. I know many who take from both sides then they go vote how they wish anyway.

It's pure BS when people try to portray her as the angel who's trying to avoid bloodshed. The reason why she hasn't let loose the hounds is because she has no support from the Army to do so. She's holding back her police dogs also because the Army have already warned her against it and she's afraid the tanks will turn on her if the police start cracking heads. Yingluck isn't being all nice and diplomatic, she's just toothless.

I wouldn't give her that much credit. She is just a cover for PTP. Something is happening behind all that talk about caring. The international world is being fooled by the whole front. TS picked the right person for the job. She will take the blunt of her brother's greed.

gerry1011 thinks aloud:

When busses' windows are smashed, taxis vandalized, red shirts shot, government buildings occupied, journalists brutalized, guns stolen from police cars, a child attacked, a taxi driver nearly beaten to death, the TV stations intimidated, a police officer shot dead, iPads stolen by protesters in government offices, ... I can hardly believe that it is the work of "doctors"...

I do believe it can be the work of "student thugs"...

Yellow thugs... Crystal clear rolleyes.gif

It always wonders me, how loopsided red heads are. Here they complain about smashed taxis and occupied government buildings, but whenever I go to town I still can see the "scars" from the 2010 red riot: On Rama 4, on Sukhumvit and on Petchburi Road are still the damages visible from burning tyres. Beside that it wasn't Suthep and the grannies, that tried to burn down Bangkok in 2010. They also didn't beat to death the old guy running a non-red community radio station in Chiang Mai at that time.

Is it selective Alzheimer or what???

Now for YLS it is always easier to call for talks, as she is still in the driver's seat versus Suthep. She is the government boss, even if only until the elections. So it is up to her to ask for talks. If Suthep would call for talks it would be seen as caving in. But beside that, what would these talks be about? Suthep made his position clear and she has her orders from Dubai, so what is there to talk?

Sam

P.S. For those revolution-romantics among the red shirts: In Asia red is NOT the color of the revoluionaries. It is the Chinese color for good luck since Conficius days or maybe even longer. Nowadays it stands for wealth, not for the power of the poor masses...

Suthep is very clear about what he and the millions of protestor want to happen

- PTP steps down completely

- The constitution is suspended

- Reforms take place to stop any future government of Thailand abusing power and abusing elections

- tough anti corruption laws put in place

- convicted criminals brought to justice

- full investigation into government finance and those found guilty get very hefty prison terms

additionally what I also think should happen

- governments force to tell the truth - with tough penalties

- proper fiscal discipline in place providing full transparency and accountability

- members of government and agencies convicted of crimes banned form politics for life and not just five years

- All future charter/constitution amendments must get 2/3 majority in the lower and upper house or be put to the people in a referendum

PTP caused this current debacle

Once this process has been completed then elections should be held

• Like 1

You talk about resolving conflicts while your government is inflaming the situation by making all sorts of threats. You say you want to 'reform' while your family is making things worse by actually adding another Shinawatra to the election roster. You should have resolved this long ago and distanced yourself from your criminal brother. Feeling all generous and conciliatory now that a coup is imminent? You should have found that toilet and toilet paper long ago.

There is no need for vulgarity. Please stay on topic and stop with the toilet references. She is still the PM. And in any case, she appears to be holding out an olive branch. Why are you so keen on seeing chaos?

How is that vulgar? It's a toilet parable. She's caretaker PM and holding out an insincere olive branch right at the last minute before the shutdown and a likely coup is too little, too late.

You are, of course entitled to your opinion, which is only of any value to yourself. In this country your opinion counts as naught as does that of every non-Thai posting on this and other forums. If you do not know what a parable is, it would be better to keep quiet and be thought a fool than to commit it to writing and confirm the point beyond doubt.

How is that vulgar? It's a toilet parable. She's caretaker PM and holding out an insincere olive branch right at the last minute before the shutdown and a likely coup is too little, too late.

You are, of course entitled to your opinion, which is only of any value to yourself. In this country your opinion counts as naught as does that of every non-Thai posting on this and other forums. If you do not know what a parable is, it would be better to keep quiet and be thought a fool than to commit it to writing and confirm the point beyond doubt.

Little man, of course we are entitled to our opinion. Everyone here who posts knows their opinion won't change things in this country no matter which side their on. However there is always some self righteous know nothing like yourself who has nothing better to do then post here and needlessly remind us of that anyway. Thanks for adding nothing to this discussion.

• Like 1

She has asked the lunatic Suthep from day one to talk and sort out the problem, Suthep has always refused to try and settle the mess he caused like an adult but wants to carry on like a spoilt little rich kid throwing a tantrum.

• Like 1

Suthep is very clear about what he and the millions of protestor want to happen

- PTP steps down completely

- The constitution is suspended

- Reforms take place to stop any future government of Thailand abusing power and abusing elections

- tough anti corruption laws put in place

- convicted criminals brought to justice

- full investigation into government finance and those found guilty get very hefty prison terms

additionally what I also think should happen

- governments force to tell the truth - with tough penalties

- proper fiscal discipline in place providing full transparency and accountability

- members of government and agencies convicted of crimes banned form politics for life and not just five years

- All future charter/constitution amendments must get 2/3 majority in the lower and upper house or be put to the people in a referendum

PTP caused this current debacle

Once this process has been completed then elections should be held

I still can't see those millions of protestors people speak of. last I heard he has gathered 35,000 that he is going to place at 7 sites during the shutdown.

Edited by chooka

I still can't see those millions of protestors people speak of. last I heard he has gathered 35,000 that he is going to place at 7 sites during the shutdown.

DOH! Today is the 10th, the protest is on the 13th.

DOH! Today is the 10th, the protest is on the 13th.

look at what I was responding to and you may understand what I was saying. facepalm.gif