New Jersey Gov. Christie says 'misled' by staff in bridge scandal

News_Editor

Christie top lieutenants said Sandy money ‘connected’ to city redevelopment plan: Hoboken Mayor Dawn Zimmer

The mayor of Hoboken accused a pair of top Gov. Chris Christie lieutenants of a “Sopranos”-style shakedown, denying the city hurricane aid over a delayed redevelopment plan. Mayor Dawn Zimmer said New Jersey Lt. Gov. Kim Guadagno and a second official warned her that millions in Hurricane Sandy relief for her city were tied to the approval of the Rockefeller Group’s proposal.

In classic Jersey style, the blunt conversation with former prosecutor Guadagno occurred on May 13 in the parking lot of a Hoboken ShopRite, Zimmer told MSNBC in a Saturday interview. Guadagno “pulled me aside ... and she said, ‘I know it’s not right, I know these things should not be connected, but they are. And if you tell anyone, I’ll deny it,’ ” Zimmer recalled.
I guess the Bada-Bing was closed?

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

How about the delivery that got stuck in the traffic jam and cost a company millions, or the ambulance that did not make it to the hospital in time, of the fire engine responding to an emergency that was delayed??

I see the potential for some serious litigation here