Chalerm: I Am F-cking Back

Lite Beer

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What can I say? What a charming way to conduct himself at a press conference when he is trying to pass himself of as a statesman rather than a henchman. I really think that Thaksin has decided that Chalerm now falls into the dispensable category, but Chalerm is too dull to see it. He is definitely being set up to take the fall as he is about past his sell by date (but not his use by date ;) ). I hope Chalerm is going to be banned from TV for a week for the use of obviously disguised expletives ;)

• Like 2

Actually, bringing him back in the game isn't funny guys and confirms a two-faced Yingluck. Now it's time to worry about a peaceful demonstration on the 13th and the following days. I hope all of the demonstrators will be safe!

• Like 2

Not an expert at Thai language but the pronunciation of กูกลับมาแล้ว is: Khu kab ma leow, isn't it?

Of course, I know that "Khu" is kind of "low" spoken Thai but does it justify the F word in the translation ?

( maybe I should have posted that in the appropriate forum.....)

• Like 2

Have not heard from this bozo for a while. I had hoped he had beheaded himself at the end of

the year as per his promise, but alas he is still alive. He is like an annoying little lap dog that

you want to kick to make it go away but cannot. Will be curious to see what bizarre things

he will start doing now.......

Suthep has turned into a savior to his followers. No matter what anyone says about this guy, he has charisma. And some real money players are behind him. Promoting him as a hero. I was sure this would slow down and fizzle out . But he is getting stronger by the day!

If something happens to him after this guy spouted this nonsense. It may just start a civil war.

Like the others have said, this guy has a very bad, violent reputation.

I am totally lost as to the out come of this mess?

Edited by garyk

Not an expert at Thai language but the pronunciation of กูกลับมาแล้ว is: Khu kab ma leow, isn't it?

Of course, I know that "Khu" is kind of "low" spoken Thai but does it justify the F word in the translation ?

agreed, these Thai reporter are more than a little "creative" in their english translations

agreed, these Thai reporter are more than a little "creative" in their english translations

Yes, over-sensational translation of "Ku". Def does not mean the F word.

Mr Suthep uses "Ku" literally scores of times during his nightly speeches - never has the media translated it as F@#$.

• Like 1

All he said is 'I'm back already' but he used 'ku' for 'I'. This is what a dictionary says about ku:

'the 1st person singular pronoun, an old word form, now considered overly familiar'

so <deleted> is a complete mistranslation.

How to Interpret it?
Depends on the context.
An acquaintance of me, climbed next to me in a bar, on a bar chair and said after three days of alcoholic abstinence, exactly the same words:
“I Am F-cking Back”

Cheers

post-151287-0-11621100-1389287375_thumb.

IF ...IF Chalerm really said that last line, then he's shown up his side's true colours. What a disgrace to Thailand that man is...

He said: "Ku klap ma laew". There's no F word in it. Just a low class personal pronoun used between people trying to insult others... ku, meng, man = phom, khun, khao, or between close friends of a certain class. "I came back already".

• Like 2

This is a pretty serious move ..made by the PM...

Calling on Mr Chalerm's expertise to solve the chaos in police ranks.

Finally in the final stages.....Good luck all..im off to Laos for a while.

Serene- dirt roads ----poor BUT............SAFE.

• Like 1