Taxi driver finds Russians cash on back seat

Rimmer

I think that is the 3rd taxi driver recently that has returned a large amount of cash they have found. There are plenty of good honest Thai people despite what some posters would have us belive. Well done Mr. Chananat Seangwan.

The third one reported, but there are undoubtedly many instances of such things happening and not attracting the interest of reporters, especially if the amounts are in the thousands rather that tens or hundreds of thousands of baht.

As you say there are plenty of honest Thai people who would not consider keeping something that they know belongs to someone else. Most of the comments about dishonesty posted here are just bar stool speculations from those with no first hand knowledge to support their claims either about civilians or the police. They just need to put down people to feel better about themselves.

• Like 2

In Pattaya, Jomtien soi 6, on the right side if you look from sea, 7/11

I forgot my wallet, was n't much money about 500 bat, but good wallet and bank cards inside from thailand banks , and not.

I was totaly wasted I bought beer and went to drink it with my friends in the beach, about 3-5 min later my wallet appear front of my eyes

first my thought someone stole it from my pocket, then i see it's a girl from 7/11.

and yes I gave them tip,

and yes i am thanksfull for that,

but in other hand many times i meet some bad thai's, but that's normal, people everywhere diferent.

I belive it happend, that taxi driver returned money back.

Why some people in this forum alwayse negative ?, be positive and good things will happend to you too,

and about russians giving tip ? maybe they give him good tip for driving them to walking street

and this was reason to return money, or he just very honest person,

I am glad that people like that still live among us,

and if your lost things never was returned, maybe you should give better tip for taxi driver or be nicer at least to him

I never had problem with taxi , they alwayse help me and i alwayse give good tip

• Like 1

so i russian rub is actually smaller than 1 thb. Oh lord he must have found a few thousand of those notes to get 100,000 thb.

what ????????? what are you actually talking about. seriously <deleted> do you mean?

1 ruble is approx 1 baht. rubles also have 5000 notes.

Edited by jonesthebaker

Only the very naive would take this story at face value. For a start, you would never go straight to walking Street from the Airport.

I find this story very hard to believe.

Pattaya gets a bad name for so many reasons.

Propaganda-mongers are trying to reverse the situation.

Perhaps their hotel was off walking street. I live in Pattaya and it's not uncommon. I am never in a position to judge or manage what people do or don't do. It's really their call.

I agree about judging people. Life makes you cynical about this story.

Only the very naive would take this story at face value. For a start, you would never go straight to walking Street from the Airport.

Perhaps their hotel was off walking street. I live in Pattaya and it's not uncommon. I am never in a position to judge or manage what people do or don't do. It's really their call.

The driver was from Bangkok.

There are lots of good honest taxi drivers out there.

The problem is to many Thai Visa posters are only interested in negative things about Thai's.

Good on the taxi driver.wai.gif

I want to believe that this story is true.......because there "has" to be some honest Thai people...

(even though we seem only to hear of the problem side of the Thai society)

But

How is it that the Russians haven't shown up to report the loss....or indeed be reunited with the

cash

If it is true....then "good on the Thai taxi man" for returning it

so i russian rub is actually smaller than 1 thb. Oh lord he must have found a few thousand of those notes to get 100,000 thb.

what ????????? what are you actually talking about. seriously <deleted> do you mean?

it's smaller than 1 bht check the exchange rate.

per xe.com 1 RUB = 0.998086 - so, sure smaller but approximately the same

I agree, to be honest it sounds like a good bit of publicity,even if it was handed in,

I very much doubt it gets handed back if you know what I mean..........

I left my iphone in a taxi last week, got hold of my old number and they wanted 5,000 to give it back. I said ok and tried to call back a while later and they didn't answer.. Wish I left it in this guys taxi

I don't mind seeing a bit of good news but believe it needs to be kept in perspective.

There are likely more items not returned than returned, and many items are just taken, not left behind!

WHY anybody would carry ANY large amounts of CASH ... foreign or otherwise ... [not safely secured] is beyond my comprehension ... in TH or any other country ???

PS: Some years ago I [accidentally] left a wallet [one of several such items I was carrying] in the seat pocket on an AirAsia flight into BKK AND it was found and returned to me in less than 1 HOUR. I hadn't missed it until after I had been through Customs AND Immigration ... and thought it was GONE for sure !!!

It contained some cash and personal papers etc. AND was returned INTACT !!!

I gave each of the the TH staff a small reward [even though they initially refused to accept it] as I was so grateful to get my personal papers back.

SO my faith in human nature was restored AND I am now married to a wonderful THAI lady 06april2013

Edited by brianlg

Maybe the Russians didn't come and make claim because they didn't recognize the amount. Just maybe they left a million Rubs. in a taxi and only 100,000 was reportedly turned in. Orrrr maybe the police in their count only counted 100,000.

Or maybe the taxi driver is just really a honest and truthful person and is a true believer.

To many possibilities for the TV panel of judges to determine the real truth.

Any event hope the driver gets some reward on this side of the hereafter.

WHY anybody would carry ANY large amounts of CASH ... foreign or otherwise ... [not safely secured] is beyond my comprehension ... in TH or any other country ???

PS: Some years ago I [accidentally] left a wallet [one of several such items I was carrying] in the seat pocket on an AirAsia flight into BKK AND it was found and returned to me in less than 1 HOUR. I hadn't missed it until after I had been through Customs AND Immigration ... and thought it was GONE for sure !!!

It contained some cash and personal papers etc. AND was returned INTACT !!!

I gave each of the the TH staff a small reward [even though they initially refused to accept it] as I was so grateful to get my personal papers back.

SO my faith in human nature was restored AND I am now married to a wonderful THAI lady 06april2013

Why anybody would post with every few words typed in bold with multiple exclamation and question marks and then top it off with a notification of his wedding anniversary is beyond me.

Re your first sentence, maybe they wanted to carry cash?

Just last month my son left his Iphone in a taxi in Bangkok...Mo Cheet bus station.. He went to the police in desperation or just that he was too young and naive. I told him there about 10% chance of the driver returning it. I was probably being kind with that figure, but I don't think the statistics would be any different in any major city. Funny thing was that the driver never switched it off for a while but he sure never answered.

The taxi drivers work long hours and it just doesn't work out to me how they manage to make any money. Maybe this is how. Money left in the back along with mobile phones.

Anyway, this story is bullshit.

Just last month my son left his Iphone in a taxi in Bangkok...Mo Cheet bus station.. He went to the police in desperation or just that he was too young and naive. I told him there about 10% chance of the driver returning it. I was probably being kind with that figure, but I don't think the statistics would be any different in any major city. Funny thing was that the driver never switched it off for a while but he sure never answered.

The taxi drivers work long hours and it just doesn't work out to me how they manage to make any money. Maybe this is how. Money left in the back along with mobile phones.

so did he get back his phone?

No. He never answered the phone. I hardly expected it. Thanks for asking though! thumbsup.gif

so did he get back his phone?

yes it is 1 bat = 0.98 rub, big diference,