buy car with red plates

Back Sida

As long as the OP does not make any payments until he has the blue book in his possession what could go wrong?

but it is the opposite because the blue book is still in work from registration office.

once it is ready and in possession of the seller he will send it to me.

If not he have a blue book but no car and I have a car but no blue book

And what are you going to do if he does not send you the book and instead reports the vehicle stolen ?

read the thread Sent from my GT-I9300 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

I have and you seem to be in lust of the shiny paint of this vehicle and leaving yourself wide open to ripped off.

Pay for the vehicle at the LTD after the book has been transferred to your name, not before.

• Like 1

Don't pay a single baht until your name goes in that blue book, this may mean taking the cash along to the land transport office and paying when the officer confirms the transfer.

Although the seller probably can't get the blue book until the finance is paid, for which he needs your money!

As previously mentioned something don't seem right and you are wide open to being ripped off, the first you may know about it is when someone seizes the car in the future.

The finance company actually owns the car, maybe you can deal direct with them but you initiate the contact (not the current keeper), lawyers are cheap if you are not sure (except for farang wannabe lawyers of course)

The finance company actually owns the car, maybe you can deal direct with them but you initiate the contact (not the current keeper), lawyers are cheap if you are not sure (except for farang wannabe lawyers of course)

Lawyers and cheap in the same sentence ? cheesy.gif

Edited by Jitar

• 3 months later...

Hello at all,

so now after nearly 4 month I'm the proud owner of the Ford Wildtrack that I bought in January with red plats and no blue book from the seller in chash so that he could pay out the finance.

Luckily I had a few friends who are not so pessimism and everything black seeing and have some confident that there are also some honest people out there and told me there is nothing to worry if I have a sale contract from the seller. After all the the negative comments here of how the seller would may cheat me I was nearly not buying the car and would not have one for the last month and now.

Here is also a big thank you to Mr. Ernst (in case he read this) the owner of iq.dive in Phang Na, a nice and honest man who do business with a hand shake.

That I had to wait for 4 month before the finance company and the car dealer finely had all the paper together to register the car and I got the blue book send by Mr. Ernst to me (still with his name in it) is TiT.
At the LTD it was no problem at all to transfer than the name (even Mr. Ernst was not present, I showed the sale contract and the form where Mr. Ernst gave me authorization to do in his name).

Also it was no problem at all to drive with red plates. From Phuket to Rayong -Chiang Ma,- BKK - Pattaya - Rayong (a lot) at day and night. I drove to at least 10-12 Police road check points (day and night) and not even once there stoped me.

Thanks again Mr. Ernst for the nice car and the business.

And to you guys, not everybody is a a.......... and try to cheat you for your money.

Reg. Back

• Like 2