Hotel getting trashed online.

addy77

A friend (not a BM) owns a guest house in central Pattaya and has come to me for help as he knows about the boards.

I've stayed there many times. All seemed fine. I find the guesthouse to be spotless with great wifi, AC, safe, and good rates.

Suddenly, a rash of negative complaints have sprung up online all written within the last week making some extremely strong (and allegedly false) allegations about the guesthouse and owner. Maybe someone with an ax to grind like a competitor or someone malicious.

Most of his guests, who use Google to find info. about the guesthouse, are reading the (fake) reviews about bed bugs and theft, and are cancelling their bookings in droves.

I'm not a computer expert but does anyone have any suggestions on how he can get rid of the complaints? When I Google his business name + Pattaya, I see his website as #1 and directly below it, are all these phony reviews over many sites. I've tried making a few positive reviews on major hotel review sites but even they are appearing below the complaints sites.

Thank you for your replies.

Complaints about that place and an ongoing war have been happening since about 2010. Either he did something to piss someone off at some point or he is just unlucky but either way your better off leaving it alone. If you start a war the owner will most likely come off worse. Most people with a brain take certain reviews with a grain of salt so just leave it to die down again is my advice.

Unless of course your the one trying to cause problems by starting this thread to show he has had problems.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

when advised of the serial deaths on a certain now razzed chiang mai hotel Tripadviser advised that they couldnt accept these reports as they were not first hand. so if you have bad guests make sure you kill them to keep your Tripadviser reputation intact. havent used Tripadviser since then. it is a bit like this site mostly paid for gross BS not worth even reading.

• Like 1

when advised of the serial deaths on a certain now razzed chiang mai hotel Tripadviser advised that they couldnt accept these reports as they were not first hand. so if you have bad guests make sure you kill them to keep your Tripadviser reputation intact. havent used Tripadviser since then. it is a bit like this site mostly paid for gross BS not worth even reading.

Yet you still stopped by for a read.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think this thread should be closed before more damage is done, he does enough of that on his own website which is linked to the business, most of the comments are probably being made by people who never actually stayed there - those that have will have their own opinions and loyalties which will be reflected by either fully booked or room for rent

Thai Visa is not the place to air these grievances further, it can not get involved in these kind of disagreements which will happen if this topic continues.

//CLOSED//

• Like 1