Non O visa from the UK

I've been reading about the difficulty gaining a Thai Non O visa from the Hull consulate and also I'm looking into applying for one from the Birmingham consulate. At present mys wife and I both reside in the UK, we are both working and had a monthly income of £2000 between us, we also have cash savings of £8000, would this be enough to gain a non O multiple visa for myself?

We will be moving back to Thailand in April this year, I would prefer a multiple entry Non O valid for 12 months rather than getting a triple entry tourist visa.

They will refer the application to London.

From Birmingham Website

With immediate effect all Non-Immigrant Multiple Entry visas cannot be issued on the same day, as we require authorisation from the Royal Thai Embassy in London. Once approval has been granted the visa will be issued.

This from the London Embassy website

Category "O"
To visit Thai spouse, children, parents or voluntary job.
Category "O" with multiple entries
Pension earners or Applicants over 50 years of age, following document is required;

- Pension statement if the applicant is a pension earner, or
- Proof of income with a minimum of £1,400.00 per month or
- Thai Spouse visa with a copy of marriage certificate and passport or Thai ID of spouse and (3 months bank statement showing monthly income of more than
£1,400.00 or £16,500 anuually for those who have been issue category O with multiple entries)

If your wife is Thai you should not have a problem getting a multiple entry visa with no financial proof according to recent reports. Info on embassy website is a bit misleading.

If you are only planning a short trip you could get a single entry visa that would give you a 90 day entry that can be extended for 60 days at immigration to visit her.

If coming to stay long term you could get an extension of stay at immigration if you can put 400k baht in the bank here.

whistling.gif One year multi entry Non O visas are becoming more difficult to get in the U.K. (as elsewhere also).

You MAY get one, but your "plan B' (Backup plan) in case they won't give you a multi entry is to get a single entry 90 day non O visa and then to EXTEND that in Thailand based on your marriage to a Thai.

Use the 90 days to establish a bank account in a Thai bank with the required 400K Thai baht equivalent in your name.

Or verify your income meets the required amount with a income statement through the U.K. embassy in Thailand.

You can extend your non O visa for a year, and renew it annually based on your marriage to a Thai in Thailand as long as you are still married and can meet the financial requirements.

Doing it that way is the correct Plan B backup planning.

You can then exit and re-enter Thailand by purchasing a multi re-entry permit which will allow you to exit and reenter Thailand as many times as you want during that one year extension for a fee of 3800 for that permit.

It's a viable solution, if you can't get a non O multi entry visa, but can meet the financial requirement for the extension in Thailand.

Edited by IMA_FARANG
  • Like 2

If your wife is Thai you should not have a problem getting a multiple entry visa with no financial proof according to recent reports. Info on embassy website is a bit misleading.

If you are only planning a short trip you could get a single entry visa that would give you a 90 day entry that can be extended for 60 days at immigration to visit her.

If coming to stay long term you could get an extension of stay at immigration if you can put 400k baht in the bank here.

Are there any threads running on that? I much rather do this than get an extension if poss. I easily have the required income but it's paid into an Isle of Man account registered to my Thai address, so have been concerned that they'd maybe have an issue with that.

Edited by ubonjoe
Changed font color to black within quoted text.. Changing quoted text is not allowed.

Are there any threads running on that? I much rather do this than get an extension if poss. I easily have the required income but it's paid into an Isle of Man account registered to my Thai address, so have been concerned that they'd maybe have an issue with that.

There have been reports within topics about the Hull consulate. You should contact one of the honorary consulates (not Hull) about getting the visa.

• Like 1

There have been reports within topics about the Hull consulate. You should contact one of the honorary consulates (not Hull) about getting the visa.

Thanks, I just had a look at Liverpool, Birmingham and Cardiff and none of them mention the income/savings requirement any more (and i am pretty sure they did last year). Just copy of marriage cert as was earlier the case. And something else new as of today they cannot accept postal applications, only in person.

Edited by Upnotover

You can then exit and re-enter Thailand by purchasing a multi re-entry permit which will allow you to exit and reenter Thailand as many times as you want during that one year extension for a fee of 3800 for that permit.

Better to purchase a single re-entry permit for 1,000 THB unless you are planning more than 3 trips out of Thailand during the one-year extension period.

Would it be possible to get a single entry Non O without the financial requirements in the UK?

Based upon what reason?

You should be able to get one for marriage or retirement at one of the honorary consulates.

Marriage to a Thai national.

Not a problem even at the embassy,

Would it be possible to get a single entry Non O without the financial requirements in the UK?

Based upon what reason?

You should be able to get one for marriage or retirement at one of the honorary consulates.

Marriage to a Thai national.

Not a problem even at the embassy,

So It's the multiple entry Non O visas that you will to need to satisfy the financial requirements in the UK?

So It's the multiple entry Non O visas that you will to need to satisfy the financial requirements in the UK?

You can get a multiple entry based upon marriage at one of the consulates with no financial proof. Try Birmingham.

All the topics and posts about needing financial proof are for ones based upon retirement.

You can get a multiple entry based upon marriage at one of the consulates with no financial proof. Try Birmingham.

All the topics and posts about needing financial proof are for ones based upon retirement.

Thanks for the info ubonjoe. When would be best to apply, we are leaving the UK on 20th April, I've had multiple entry tourist visas from Hull before and I it had to be utilzed within 3 months.

It appears none of the UK consulates now process postal applications. I have just spoken to Cardiff who confirm that they can only process multi entry one year Non Immigrant 'O' visa's where the applicant visits in person.

Edited by Jay Sata

I j spoke with the royal Thai consulate in Cardiff two days ago about a one year/ 15 month multiple entry non O based on marriage to a Thai national and was told that up to now they are are still issuing them in Cardiff and have not been required to forward anything to the embassy in London. He did of course say that this could change at any time but he assured me that up to and including now they are still being issued there without providing financials and he was aware of Hull being asked to forward things to the embassy in London.

It's postal applications that they no longer handle.

The guy in Cardiff said all postal applications have to go to London and he has heard that they are taking months not days as before with the consuls.

He also said their website has not been updated yet to show the changes.

Edited by Jay Sata

Interesting information in this thread. My wife and I will be in the same position at some point in the future, although there is no guarantee that there won't be a rule change before then. So I just pop in to the Thai embassy in London and apply for one year multiple entry non O Visa based on marriage to a Thai national ? With marriage certificate etc but not necessarily the financial proof.

What exactly is mean by "Non-O" ?

Edited by Tuvoc

This from the Thai Embassy London

The Royal Thai Embassy in London commenced its visa application by post service on the 2 January 2014. Termination of visa services by post at the Royal Thai Consulates in the United Kingdom and Ireland (namely, the Royal Thai Consulates in Birmingham, Cardiff, Hull, Liverpool, Glasgow, Gibralta and Dublin) will be effective from the 15 January 2014.

http://www.thaiembassyuk.org.uk/?q=node/401

• Like 1

Just want to inform you of my experience in October last year. I applied for a non-immig 'O' Multi at Royal Thai Embassy in London and the only extra docs. (apart from Application Form, photos & 125GBP), was 'evidence of pension income'!!! I had certified copies of my bank statements showing the pensions - they did not mention how much they were looking for!! My Pension income - from various sources amounts to 'over 1,400gbp per month and my visa request was granted and I collected it (passport) the following day! I should also mention that I am 65.

I've had a multi entry Non Immigrant 'O' for the last 14 years based on marriage and only used as a visa to go and come from Thailand.

I've never been asked to provide any financial information. You just leave the country every 90 days.

Hull and Birmingham still do the multi non O but you have to apply in person at the consulate. It's £125 and actually lasts for 15 months as long as you depart and re-enter before expiry.

However it appears the OP is perhaps asking for a retirement visa?

Edited by Jay Sata

I'm 45 and have a Thai wife, long way off retirement!

I rang the consulate in Hull this afternoon and they said 65000 Thai baht per month for any Non O visa, so that's £1300 to £1400 per month, I don't qualify. It maybe easier to get a 3 multiple entry tourist visa instead, I'm looking to apply to British Embassy in Bangkok in May for the visa department, I can get a Non B and work permit then.

I rang the consulate in Hull this afternoon and they said 65000 Thai baht per month for any Non O visa, so that's £1300 to £1400 per month, I don't qualify. It maybe easier to get a 3 multiple entry tourist visa instead, I'm looking to apply to British Embassy in Bangkok in May for the visa department, I can get a Non B and work permit then.

You've lost me now.

Where do the British Embassy on Wireless Road come in to it?

Are you intending to live and work in Thailand? There are hoops to jump through if you want a business visa.

To get a non-immigrant “B” visa you need a letter of recommendation from your company that you present to a Thai consulate in another country.

The letter should state that the applicant has been offered a job, that the company requests that the applicant be given a non-immigrant visa so the company may apply for a work permit for them, and that the company knows the person to be dependable, upstanding, etc. Be sure to ask for the letter several days before you leave the country. They also ask for registration documents from the company you are going to work for. Ask a Thai employee to find out exactly what is required in this case. Recently, consulates have been warning people who have non-immigrant visas that they must present their work permits to get another visa next time (they even stamp this message next to the visa), but this may be just a scare tactic by the consulate.

http://www.thaivisa.com/getting-non-immigrant-b-visa-outside-thailand.html
Edited by Jay Sata

You've lost me now.

Where do the British Embassy on Wireless Road come in to it?

Are you intending to live and work in Thailand? There are hoops to jump through if you want a business visa.

To get a non-immigrant “B” visa you need a letter of recommendation from your company that you present to a Thai consulate in another country.

The letter should state that the applicant has been offered a job, that the company requests that the applicant be given a non-immigrant visa so the company may apply for a work permit for them, and that the company knows the person to be dependable, upstanding, etc. Be sure to ask for the letter several days before you leave the country. They also ask for registration documents from the company you are going to work for. Ask a Thai employee to find out exactly what is required in this case. Recently, consulates have been warning people who have non-immigrant visas that they must present their work permits to get another visa next time (they even stamp this message next to the visa), but this may be just a scare tactic by the consulate.

http://www.thaivisa.com/getting-non-immigrant-b-visa-outside-thailand.html

Yes, the intention is to live and work in Thailand, I've done it before 3 years ago, the British Embassy advertise roles for the visa department at the start of May.

I was inquiring about the multiple entry Non O as a alternative to the multiple entry tourist visa.