Fake grass/synthetic turf

WIT MYT

I'm looking to cover a 17 sq metre area with fake grass/synthetic turf. So far I've only found some that are 850 Baht per sq metre (at a florist) which is more expensive than in Australia. Anyone know of any cheaper options and/or where to buy?

There is a retailer at the Chiangmai United (not FC) stadium, which is a large complex of futsal pitches.

It is on Sanamkela rd. To get there take the atsadathon rd which starts at the corner of the moat at the MoonMuang/Sriphoom corner, at the first set of lights turn right onto Sanamkela rd and it is about 200 metres along on the left.

As far as I remember it is from about 600b a metre and they have many thicknesses and types of 'grass'.

There is a retailer at the Chiangmai United (not FC) stadium, which is a large complex of futsal pitches.

It is on Sanamkela rd. To get there take the atsadathon rd which starts at the corner of the moat at the MoonMuang/Sriphoom corner, at the first set of lights turn right onto Sanamkela rd and it is about 200 metres along on the left.

As far as I remember it is from about 600b a metre and they have many thicknesses and types of 'grass'.

Just some some at the new baan and beyond

Thanks so much!

• 1 year later...

We had contractors lay ABOUT 20-30sqm of natural lawn.

Smallish trees & shrubs were planted.

Outcome as determined by Thai family - no beautiful!

No one in the family is really a gardening enthusiast.

So, the only alternative is artificial?

Cost/sqm laid?

Potential problems?

Expected life?

Worthy investment?

Other?

The actual house is quite good quality. The current lawn situation is disappointing.

I've done a terrace with all sides slightly sloping towards the drain. The idea was that it can be easily taken off, if necessary and give access to the surface underneath. The stuff I bought was around Euro 30/sqm. (See pics)

Prior to this, the terrace was tiled, but after some years and frosty european winters, water leaked through the grout into concrete and the shop below.

To avoid fading from intense sunshine here, you should buy a dense, good quality product.

post-119985-0-69369600-1441872490_thumb.

post-119985-0-82021900-1441872503_thumb.