Crackdown on 'counterfeit' whistles begins: Bangkok

webfact

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I've died and ended up here; in some nonsnsical bizarro world where up is down and sad is happy.

What happened to shunning wartime profiteers?
Is that just not a thing here? Shame in benefiting and profiting from the misery of your fellow citizen?

This is a revolution, is it not? This is a war against oppressive powers, is it not?
Shame on these people.

Edited by BeforeTigers

'Crackdown On 'Counterfeit' Whistles Begins'.

Just imagine, no more whistling anywhere in the kingdom, including annoying parking attendants!

As for the rest of the article, I stopped reading after 'copyrights infringement'. smile.png

Was interesting that Bluesky rep said they needed the money because their advertising revenue has dropped???

Maybe nobody wants to be associated with them. the mind boggles.

Couldn't earplug manufactures advertise their wares? Either way, the humble whistle seems to be seen more as a tool of intolerance (drowing out anything that does not fit in with your views) and narrow mindedness.

Pehaps later on, the dried pea in the middle will remind us of the brain size and funtion of many of its blowers.

The channel also sells its own "premium" lightning-shaped whistles, costing up to 999 baht per piece.

Good grief thats £20 im shocked ........cheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gif

Now you know why they do not want any competitors.

Sent from my GT-I9200 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

I guess this is the first example of how the PDRC will implement 'legal' reform. Kangaroo court for street vendors! Power to the people! All hail Suthep!

And why not? Damned street vendors come from dirty, uneducated places like Isaan, otherwise they'd be nice, white-skinned hi-so's driving Benzes like the good people do. Good grief, next thing they'll be wanting the vote! wink.png

White skin is the thing of the past....now I'm sure they all want yellow skin. Makes them look smarter, as one of the PDRC leader mentioned earlier.

Sent from my GT-I9200 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Comedy gold!

After I finished LMAO, I looked for the Thai version of the news article and found a partial answer to manarak's request

I'd be interested to see in detail the counterfeit whistles.

Because if they are only standard whistles with a Thai flag on them, the design cannot be protected.

The English news article is not a direct translation of the equivalent news article on the Thai side of khaosot. The English version takes more time explaining what BlueSky and PCAD are, and mentions the 999 Baht whistle, while the Thai version shows a technical drawing of the BlueSky Lightning Whistle, and a specimen (not sure whether it's a genuine or a counterfeit one). They also say that the ordinary Lightning whistles are available in 7 colors at 25 Baht each, and that they are a collectors item among protesters, and that there are more expensive, luxury "limited edition" lightning whistles (price not mentioned). Neither article specifies whether the alleged counterfeits bear the lettering BLUE SKY.

I hope it's permissible to post a link to the image:

http://www.khaosod.co.th/show_image.html?image=online/2014/01/13898590901389859144l.jpg

• Like 1

Comedy gold!

After I finished LMAO, I looked for the Thai version of the news article and found a partial answer to manarak's request

I'd be interested to see in detail the counterfeit whistles.

Because if they are only standard whistles with a Thai flag on them, the design cannot be protected.

The English news article is not a direct translation of the equivalent news article on the Thai side of khaosot. The English version takes more time explaining what BlueSky and PCAD are, and mentions the 999 Baht whistle, while the Thai version shows a technical drawing of the BlueSky Lightning Whistle, and a specimen (not sure whether it's a genuine or a counterfeit one). They also say that the ordinary Lightning whistles are available in 7 colors at 25 Baht each, and that they are a collectors item among protesters, and that there are more expensive, luxury "limited edition" lightning whistles (price not mentioned). Neither article specifies whether the alleged counterfeits bear the lettering BLUE SKY.

I hope it's permissible to post a link to the image:

http://www.khaosod.co.th/show_image.html?image=online/2014/01/13898590901389859144l.jpg

ok, that is a very special design

From the Op title I was sure this had to be from that 'Not' satire site. Amazingly enough its actually true.

Another bizzare story out of this whole farce called thai politics. For a country which is so preoccupied with appearances and saving / protecting of face it boggles the mind how this whole debacle can continue. Don't they realise that the rest of ASEAN is looking at them and just shaking their heads? The whole thai power, influence, army, political machine have lost so much face in recent years its a wonder the rest of ASEAN don't kick them out from sure embarrassment.

Edited by canman
  • Like 1

I am surprised that no anti-democracy farang on here accuses the government and the reds of trying to infiltrate the silly whistle blowing group by selling fake whistles, in order to disturb their revenue stream in the most evil way :)

Sent from my iPhone...

It's true.

Bluesky are now hunting for the vendors who sold 6,993,000 "Bluesky/Harryporter Invisibility Cloaks" at the rally yesterday.

They have instructed the Guards to arrest anybody they don't see.

To add to the pantomime. I loved, realy really loved the Army camoflage in Bangkok. If they stood out like a sore thumb before, they stuick out like big sore fist and arm now with the jungle warfare drape.

Please, no more comedy toady

The cheapest ear plugs can be found at HomePro!

Was interesting that Bluesky rep said they needed the money because their advertising revenue has dropped???

Maybe nobody wants to be associated with them. the mind boggles.

Couldn't earplug manufactures advertise their wares? Either way, the humble whistle seems to be seen more as a tool of intolerance (drowing out anything that does not fit in with your views) and narrow mindedness.

Pehaps later on, the dried pea in the middle will remind us of the brain size and funtion of many of its blowers.

Sounds like a vast redwing conspracy to undermine the protest - blaim the convicted man in self exile.

"BlueSky can only claim copyright infringement if they have actually copyrighted their products....." hay they copied them first so they have the right - that is based on a real case here in Thailand - one based on tie downs for pickup trucks - two compinies sue each other over whom had the rights to make the copy of the product from the US - one of them won. Don't have to make this stuff up - its true.

cheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gif