• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Scooter News and Reviews 1x1.gif

Back to list of items

Scooter News

2014 Honda PCX 150

Honda will release a new PCX for 2014 with a host of significant upgrades.

Allen Drysdale

pcx125-black.jpg

2014 Honda PCX 150

Honda will upgrade the PCX in 2014, and not just a simple upgrade either, the 2014 PCX will add some nice style and technology enhancements.

The design itself is now more modern with significant changes to the front and rear of the PCX. Lighting is following the trend and is now LED front and rear. The new reshaped seat has now been given strut support to hold it up whilst open.

The dash has been given a facelift with a new central digital element that includes a clock. There’s also now a hazard switch. Honda has increased storage space in the front glove compartment and also added a 12V charger. The fuel tank is now 8 litres in total and will provide the PCX 150 with a range of 350 Km’s.

Weight is up by a kilo (thanks to the new larger capacity fuel tank), now 130 Kg’s fully wet. Power output and capacity remain the same, output is rated at 10 Kw’s and the capacity is still 153 cc. Colours offered in Europe will be Pearl White, Silver, Red, Matt Black and Gloss Black.

The PCX has found popularity throughout the world for its all-round usability and value. The handling is fun, the reliability bulletproof and the efficiency is top shelf. Now with these latest changes Honda will only enhance an already class leading package. Can’t wait for this one.

Australian colours and specifications may differ slightly when the model reaches Australia, Honda Australia are yet to confirm the exact details. The PCX 150 will arrive in the 3rd quarter of 2014.

pcx125-red.jpg

Honda PCX150 2014 - Technical specifications

ENGINE

Type Single cylinder, 4-stroke, liquid-cooled, SOHC 2-valve

Displacement 153 cc

Bore x stroke 58 x 57.9 mm

Compression ratio 10,6:1

Maximum power 10 kW (13.6 hp) @ 8,500 rpm

PGM-FI electronic fuel injection

Fuel tank capacity 8.0 litres

Consumption 44 km/l

CHASSIS

Dimensions ( L × W × H) 1,930 x 740 x 1,100 mm

Wheelbase 1,315 mm

Saddle height 760 mm

Ground clearance 135 mm

Weight in running order and with full fuel : 130 kg

SUSPENSION

Front 31 mm telescopic fork , 100 mm travel

Rear aluminium swingarm with twin shocks , 75 mm stroke.

WHEELS

Front 5-spoke aluminium

Rear 5-spoke aluminium

Front Tyre 90/90 - 14

Rear Tyre 100/90 - 14

BRAKES

Front 220mm hydraulic disc with 3-piston calliper, with CBS

Rear Drum 130 mm , with CBS

pcx125-white.jpg

pcx150-mat-black.jpg

pcx150-silver.jpg

published 15/01/2014

1x1.gif1x1.gif1x1.gif

TGB-Bellavita-Skyscraper.jpg

1x1.gifSite map | Scooter links | Contact us

had a ride on the sh 150i its a nice ride with the bigger wheels but to me it just a big honda wave ,bit too much off a stiff upright riding position should be priced nearer to the pcx really, is it worth 100k or 20 k more than the pcx ,i don't really think it is.

saying this i have yet to ride a pcx but the pcx looks more comfortable for sure.

Just returned from Chiang Saen where they told me they would have a 2014 PCX 150 in 2 weeks, but couldn't give me a firm price. They did have a Forza which they said they would sell for 170,000 baht, but that's not what I want or need.

• 4 weeks later...

Had a look at a red one and a white one yesterday. The (matt) white is a funny texture. Feels rough, unlike the smooth polished white of the previous 150.

Looks cheap, and I think it will mark a lot easier than the older model. I didn't like it. I hope they will also do a gloss white. Red looks the normal smooth texture.

Had a look at a red one and a white one yesterday. The (matt) white is a funny texture. Feels rough, unlike the smooth polished white of the previous 150.

Looks cheap, and I think it will mark a lot easier than the older model. I didn't like it. I hope they will also do a gloss white. Red looks the normal smooth texture.

How are they pricing the 2014 PCX150?

They were in a bike hire shop. Can't really remember, but I think she said 80, or 85 from Honda Nathon.

They were in a bike hire shop. Can't really remember, but I think she said 80, or 85 from Honda Nathon.

That's the same as the SH150 price. I thought the PCX150 was less expensive.

seen a black new pcx today on the road and it looks really uglier than the old one expect led lights that looks good and quality.

looks so bland like a honda spacy.

Edited by ll2

seen a black new pcx today on the road and it looks really uglier than the old one expect led lights that looks good and quality.

The seat on the new PCX looks very cheap (and ugly), but the old one, with the hump wasn't much better. Most people will change the seat on either model in any event. The LED lights look nice, but I expect that they could be installed in the older PCX150 with little cost or effort. So, no reason to upgrade to the new model, and if I was in the market for a PCX, I would probably look for a low km 2013 PCX and add YSS shocks, LED lighting and a custom seat rather than go for the 2014 PCX.

I stopped by the Honda dealer in Hua Hin on Monday and they had already sold all the new PCXs they had received. They could order me one, it would take a week-10 days to get here and the price is 82,000 baht.

LL - you've really got it in for the good old PCX - harping on how much better the SH150 is, despite its 20,000 b price premium....

so the SH has got a rear disc and bigger wheels - who cares - its F Ugly

Below is a picture of an SH150 - can you honestly say its better looking than a PCX ??

post-95864-0-77433000-1394813191_thumb.j

LL - you've really got it in for the good old PCX - harping on how much better the SH150 is, despite its 20,000 b price premium....

Below is a picture of an SH150 - can you honestly say its better looking than a PCX ??

attachicon.gifsh.jpg

If the PCX150 is selling for 81,000 baht, then the price difference is only 4,000 baht less than what I just paid for a new SH150.

I have no complaint about how the SH150 looks or how the PCX150 looks, and I was planning on buying a PCX150 too, but for a different use than what I bought the SH150 for. Who cares about what someone else thinks about how your bike looks as long as you like it?

I thought the 2014 PCX150 was going to have rear disc, does it still have a drum brake on the rear? And the 16 rims and big tires on the SH150 make for a really comfortable ride, in my opinion.

Edited by z9999

attachicon.gifsh.jpg

If the PCX150 is selling for 81,000 baht, then the price difference is only 4,000 baht less than what I just paid for a new SH150.

I have no complaint about how the SH150 looks or how the PCX150 looks, and I was planning on buying a PCX150 too, but for a different use than what I bought the SH150 for. Who cares about what someone else thinks about how your bike looks as long as you like it?

I thought the 2014 PCX150 was going to have rear disc, does it still have a drum brake on the rear? And the 16 rims and big tires on the SH150 make for a really comfortable ride, in my opinion.

to many bikers what the bike looks like and and what other people think is very important to them.

85,000 B for a SH150 eh ??

they are imported from Vietnam and last time i was in a bike shop, they had one marked up at 99,000 b - and when i enquired why so much - was told "cus import"

Even if you could get an SH for the same price as the PCX, i'd go PCX.

Honda dealer in bangsaen said new pcx isnt available till mid next month and no price yet. Maybe Brian from sumetcycle can confirm?

I bought mine two days ago for 78.000 baht. I am sure it is the new one as it has a phone charger. Another thing not mentioned so far, I also have a remote control alarm.

i do think the PCX is the best Thai built scooter for city use - and the convenience of a charger and the storage spaces on the new one is great - so I may be getting one soon for city use. But I think the large plastic front end is designed to appeal to people who really want a car. It creates a car-like dashboard and so is like a poor mans Honda City.

I think bikers looking for handy city transport will prefer the larger wheels and motorcycle inspired looks of the SH 150.

Most of us are bikers and car drivers - so it depends on if your bike-side is dominant or your car-side.

So people who prefer a PCX are closet car drivers and SH lovers are closet bikers. smile.png

But I'm more influenced by cost - so I'm a closet cheapskate.

^

Exactly, one main point in PCX vs. SH150 always is the price difference (100k vs. 80k). If there is no real price difference many people will go for the SH i guess, even thai people. Most people want something the others not have.