All New Pcx 150 2014

tonysamui

Well if you use the idle stop using your brain you wont have any problems.

As mentioned my pcx from 2012 don't have any problems and the scooter is still on the first battery despite it stands unused for 2 month sometimes when I go overseas working.

I always let the engine warm up before using the idle stop and if short stops I don't use it.

If you use the idle stop all the time and mainly do city riding you might get problems.

• Replies 199
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

As mentioned my pcx from 2012 don't have any problems and the scooter is still on the first battery despite it stands unused for 2 month sometimes when I go overseas working.

I always let the engine warm up before using the idle stop and if short stops I don't use it.

If you use the idle stop all the time and mainly do city riding you might get problems.

So, based on what you say you've owned it for 2 years and used it for one?

So, based on what you say you've owned it for 2 years and used it for one?

????

No, I said, I use the idle stop if more than 30 sec to green light.

I don't use it for short stops, I think the idle stop kicks in after 4-5 sec when "on" and no throttle.

So I normally have it off and switch in on if the stop is a bit long.

If you don't understand now I can't help you anymore, so don't ask, lol.

Many long stops in Pattaya city so I have likely used it +500 times so far.

Could we get back to discussing the "all new 2014 model pcx150" and NOT just the idle stop feature, which is not new but modified, and can be activated if you like to use it and deactivated if you don't.

Will the Thai version differ from the European version, which Honda promotes as having the following:

1. All LED lighting, including the headlights.

2. A hazard function.

3. A larger Left hand fairing pocket.

4. A 12V AC adapter for charging a phone.

5. A sprung seat hinge.

6. Key shutter.

7. Fuel efficiency meter.

8. clock.

9. 149cc engine (previously 153cc)

10. larger fuel tank (8 liter)

11. Larger battery (from YTZ7S to YTZ8V)

12. Idling Stop self deactivation if battery low.

And lastly, what color options will be available in Thailand, what price, and WHEN will it be available?

Note:

The larger battery along with all LED lighting may resolve some of the disagreement over the Idle Stop feature, and since the starter is brushless, I don't think wear and tear is much of an issue.

I bought new 2013 Matte Black approx. 9 months ago, put on 14,000 kilometers so far, Idle Stop always on, no problems. I heard from one other PCX owner that they (PCX) have bad batteries, but I've never had a problem.

He might've gotten a bad one....maybe I got a GOOD one.post-186966-13915798141676_thumb.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect Thailand

Just bought an SH 150 but i had to pay tax for a big bike that is 150cc and up. I went to Saphan kwai to order michelin tyres for it and they even can't order them, also no Dunlop nothing in 16 inch. Where can i buy them of the shelf?

The SH 150 has tubeless tyres so i m thinking of buying the spraycan that you can use for a car in case of a puncture. Would that can not explode under the buddy or in the box on the tail? My bike is black and will be pretty hot inside.

That windscreen is a terrible quality and i hate it. Been back to the dealer 5 times now because the bolts come loose all the time, can't believe that Honda sells such a crappy piece made in France.

The bike lacks power in my opinion but i still drive it slow because it is brandnew since yesterday. Though i m very happy with it and now can pay attention at the traffic instead of holes or cracks in the road. The mirrors are great as well, big tank, super break system, love everything of it. Only i miss a phoneholder for the gps.

I also bought a new horn but actually want to install 2 of them. Would the wires burn out if i install 2 of them?

I like the flat floor so the dog can go with me or a pack of beer or any other shoppings. The bike is very quiet, the security guards don't hear me at all when i am 1 metre away from them waiting for the gate. Maybe i need another muffler, don't know yet. A noisy bike would be more safe in BKK i guess but on the other hand i hate very noisy bikes.

Just bought an SH 150 but i had to pay tax for a big bike that is 150cc and up. I went to Saphan kwai to order michelin tyres for it and they even can't order them, also no Dunlop nothing in 16 inch. Where can i buy them of the shelf?

The SH 150 has tubeless tyres so i m thinking of buying the spraycan that you can use for a car in case of a puncture. Would that can not explode under the buddy or in the box on the tail? My bike is black and will be pretty hot inside.

That windscreen is a terrible quality and i hate it. Been back to the dealer 5 times now because the bolts come loose all the time, can't believe that Honda sells such a crappy piece made in France.

The bike lacks power in my opinion but i still drive it slow because it is brandnew since yesterday. Though i m very happy with it and now can pay attention at the traffic instead of holes or cracks in the road. The mirrors are great as well, big tank, super break system, love everything of it. Only i miss a phoneholder for the gps.

I also bought a new horn but actually want to install 2 of them. Would the wires burn out if i install 2 of them?

I like the flat floor so the dog can go with me or a pack of beer or any other shoppings. The bike is very quiet, the security guards don't hear me at all when i am 1 metre away from them waiting for the gate. Maybe i need another muffler, don't know yet. A noisy bike would be more safe in BKK i guess but on the other hand i hate very noisy bikes.

congrats for your new scoot, i think a good, solid choice.

for tires in Bangkok, visit Wong Vian Yip Song (22) near China town. All major tire distributors are there and many choices plus cheaper.

Edited by ll2

What year model is it, 2013 or 2014? What price are they asking? Are white and black the only color options available still?

The bolt problem can be resolved by putting a drop of glyptal or loctite on the threads.

Depending on how much current the horns draw you could either use a larger gauge wire, or better yet use the existing horn wiring to operate a relay and run a new large gauge wire from the battery to the horns, with an appropriate size inline fuse in case of a short.

Fix-A-Flat is not recommended for use on motorcycle or bicycle tires, may void your tire warantee, if any, and the manufacturer warns against storage at greater than 120F or about 48-49C, plus I believe it has been discontinued, although there may be other brands still on the market, and probably the same warnings and usage apply.

I'm still debating over a PCX 150 or a SH 150, and the 16" rims are a big plus on the SH 150, but I'll have to check on what tire sizes are available here.

Edited by z9999

I don't know which model, it doesn't have ABS and it is the 2nd version because the 1st version from Vietnam had some problems.

I paid 90k for it + 2500 insurance antitheft and 2000 registration for big bike more then 150 cc. And 500 baht for something that i forgot.

The windscreen is fixed now by the dealer but i will take it of anyway, it blocks my sight while driving in traffic jams. Maybe in the rainingseason i will place it back.

The horn i bought for 180 baht, i had a similar one before on the scoopy i and it worked well so i will try this first. If it is not loud enough i will buy another one or maybe install the relais or so but i would like to keep it all simple and with warranty. I don't have many tools here and i am lazy haha.

The dealer will order tyres and keep them in stock he said. I thought of bringing a spare innertyre with me for punctures during a trip. I can also always call him and he will come to pick me up, he is a nice guy and speaks good english. He has a big hondashop with much personell. This is thailand, in Europe i would never accept that windscreen but who cares, they are kind to me and do their best.

I have never driven the pcx but i really want a flat floor and also big wheels which is so comfortable. I don't care for turtles on the road or cracks/holes/dirt/stones nothing. I read this engine should be able to drive 40-45 km on a litre which is great. I didn't get an english manual but found them online easy. I drove 150 km in BKK today and love the bike. It is high, good seat, very good break, good box (new models have a pillow for the backpassenger on the box i saw on internet) but i have the normal box.

In case of a puncture somewhere in the bloody hot sun i just want to go home asap. I would even drive with the empty tyre. Motorbike shops don't have my tubeless tyres in stock so i will bring an innertube, if that doesn't work i will buy that spray can for emergency repair. I just wanna drive home whatever it costs.

On my scoopy i had like 15 punctures in 3 years while riding only 6 months a year on it so i am really done with punctures. That's why i bought this bike, for them wheels and big solid tyres and they are great!

Now i want to make a holder for the celphone. I have a nice bracket on the steer from that windshield so i will make something on that i think. Also i need a good place for the sunglasses, the bike has a compartment for that but it doesn't open quick enough for me. Well if i were you i would go for the SH, i feel much safer on this high bike and everything is very solid. I am almost 190 cm tall and this bike is my size. The wife can also drive it but touching the ground with her feet is not so easy and she is tall for a girl.

I m off for a ride again, love it.

I don't know which model, it doesn't have ABS and it is the 2nd version because the 1st version from Vietnam had some problems.

I paid 90k for it + 2500 insurance antitheft and 2000 registration for big bike more then 150 cc. And 500 baht for something that i forgot.

The windscreen is fixed now by the dealer but i will take it of anyway, it blocks my sight while driving in traffic jams. Maybe in the rainingseason i will place it back.

The horn i bought for 180 baht, i had a similar one before on the scoopy i and it worked well so i will try this first. If it is not loud enough i will buy another one or maybe install the relais or so but i would like to keep it all simple and with warranty. I don't have many tools here and i am lazy haha.

The dealer will order tyres and keep them in stock he said. I thought of bringing a spare innertyre with me for punctures during a trip. I can also always call him and he will come to pick me up, he is a nice guy and speaks good english. He has a big hondashop with much personell. This is thailand, in Europe i would never accept that windscreen but who cares, they are kind to me and do their best.

I have never driven the pcx but i really want a flat floor and also big wheels which is so comfortable. I don't care for turtles on the road or cracks/holes/dirt/stones nothing. I read this engine should be able to drive 40-45 km on a litre which is great. I didn't get an english manual but found them online easy. I drove 150 km in BKK today and love the bike. It is high, good seat, very good break, good box (new models have a pillow for the backpassenger on the box i saw on internet) but i have the normal box.

In case of a puncture somewhere in the bloody hot sun i just want to go home asap. I would even drive with the empty tyre. Motorbike shops don't have my tubeless tyres in stock so i will bring an innertube, if that doesn't work i will buy that spray can for emergency repair. I just wanna drive home whatever it costs.

On my scoopy i had like 15 punctures in 3 years while riding only 6 months a year on it so i am really done with punctures. That's why i bought this bike, for them wheels and big solid tyres and they are great!

Now i want to make a holder for the celphone. I have a nice bracket on the steer from that windshield so i will make something on that i think. Also i need a good place for the sunglasses, the bike has a compartment for that but it doesn't open quick enough for me. Well if i were you i would go for the SH, i feel much safer on this high bike and everything is very solid. I am almost 190 cm tall and this bike is my size. The wife can also drive it but touching the ground with her feet is not so easy and she is tall for a girl.

I m off for a ride again, love it.

any tire/bike shop can fix your tubeless tire with a simple plug in for 60 thb and tubeless tires are more durable. no worries.

I bought new 2013 Matte Black approx. 9 months ago, put on 14,000 kilometers so far, Idle Stop always on, no problems. I heard from one other PCX owner that they (PCX) have bad batteries, but I've never had a problem.

He might've gotten a bad one....maybe I got a GOOD one.attachicon.gifImageUploadedByThaivisa Connect Thailand1391579810.695742.jpg

Holy cow, 14k km in 9 month, that's impresive man, I only done +4k on mine from 2012.

Ops sorry off topic, back to the new 2014 modelwink.png

For batteries always check how old it is, also for shaving machines and even in Paragon.

Is that problem with the drivebelt on the pcx fixed now?

So every shop can fix tubeless tyres, that's great news! In Europe i never had punctures with my big bikes though.

The new SH in europe has ABS, i wonder if they also have that for the pcx.

He might've gotten a bad one....maybe I got a GOOD one.attachicon.gifImageUploadedByThaivisa Connect Thailand1391579810.695742.jpg

Holy cow, 14k km in 9 month, that's impresive man, I only done +4k on mine from 2012.

Ops sorry off topic, back to the new 2014 modelwink.png

'4000k'. Well that solves that mystery! With you being away for 2 months at a time your's is still a baby.

I'll be clocking over 20k on mine by Friday!

Dear all,

just yesterday sold/traded my PCX 150 2012 for a FORZA, dealer asked for original trim, so I have now 2 YSS XXL shocks and after market seat(black/red) for sale which just installed - both only 1 week used(receipt). YSS XXL THB 3000 (new 5.200) and seat THB 1.000 (new 1.800).

Just send me PM if interested.

Cheers Mr.J

What were you told then? I went to a dealer in Chiang Mai and he said the same thing. Not available until next month and no idea of pricing. He said a little more than current model.

I think I am going to get one, my ex wife got my PCX 125 and I miss it, been riding an air blade bit it is too small.

In phuket, the Honda dealer was probably pulling the wool over me, by saying the model that they had was the latest, 75000 bath about.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

A friend in Chiang Saen just bought a Pcx 150 for about that price, but it's not a 2014 year model. As best I can find out no 2014 Hondas are available yet in Thailand. I even tried a Honda exporter in Bangkok, and they couldn't even tell me when new Hondas will be available. I'm still not sure where the Pcx 150 is made, someone told me Viet Nam, but I don't know if that is a fact.

I'm wondering if all the 2014 Hondas will have LED lighting as we're looking at purchasing a Click 125, Pcx 150, and a Sh 150, but only when the 2014 models are available.

I visited a customer today and they had the new model in their test lab.. The front and rear looked little different from previous model. The color was in matte white. A pre-production sample I was told.

Autospinn had posted some photos on 16 January, claiming the PCX 150 would be available later this month. Photos show a number of changes from my friends 2013 model. Price 67,800 baht (Not including VAT?)

Edited by z9999

Dear all,

just yesterday sold/traded my PCX 150 2012 for a FORZA, dealer asked for original trim, so I have now 2 YSS XXL shocks and after market seat(black/red) for sale which just installed - both only 1 week used(receipt). YSS XXL THB 3000 (new 5.200) and seat THB 1.000 (new 1.800).

Just send me PM if interested.

Cheers Mr.J

How much Baht did they give you on your PCX 150 cc when you traded up?

I visited a customer today and they had the new model in their test lab.. The front and rear looked little different from previous model. The color was in matte white. A pre-production sample I was told.

That's strange, I have seen pictures on the Internet of its release in Vietnam already and dealers saying it's released here in a couple of weeks so I think it is well past pre production stage.

That's strange, I have seen pictures on the Internet of its release in Vietnam already and dealers saying it's released here in a couple of weeks so I think it is well past pre production stage.

From what I've been able to gather, the Asian model appears to be manufactured in Viet Nam and the owners manual for the older model mentions VN as a code on one of the pages. The exporter in Bangkok mentioned Honda CBR 250 and Honda Click 125i Forward as some of the models they export, which I assume must mean they are being produced here, but had no information on the PCX 150 or the Sh 150, which I assume means they are produced elsewhere.