CAPO orders probe into arrest of Navy SEAL troopers near protest site

webfact

CAPO orders probe into arrest of Navy SEAL troopers near protest site

surapong-4-wpcf_728x413.jpg

BANGKOK: -- The Center for the Administration of Peace and Order (CAPO) head Surapong Tovichakchaikul today ordered the defense permanent secretary to probe into the arrest of three armed Navy Seal troopers carrying with them VIP security guards issued by the Network of Students and People for the Reform of Thailand (NSPRT), a hardcore anti-government movement.

Surapong said CAPO would order the defense permanent secretary Gen Nipat Thonglek to ask the Navy about the case.

The metropolitan police arrested the three elite troopers of the Navy for possession of weapons and VIP cards issued by NSPRT. But their superior denied their involvement in the protest.

The three Navy Seal troopers were stopped at a police checkpoint on Krungkasem road while in a pickup truck shortly after midnight.

They were identified as Lieutenant Pairat Plai-ngarm, Petty Officers Banlang Kantapol and Pailin Pothi.

Seized from the three Seals are three 9 mm pistols, 3 silencers, 72 9 mm cartridges, a bullet-proof jacket, and three VIP cards issued by NSPR and an official document certified their drug suppression mission.

Pol Col Krailert Buakaew, deputy commander of Bureau 1 of the Metropolitan Police, said the three suspects drove in a pickup truck with fake license plate but official vehicle.

The trio claimed that they were on a narcotics investigation mission and they have the special VIP cards of the NSPR because they needed to have special access to the area to carry on their mission.

Their superior Vice Admiral Winai Klom-in, commander of the Navy’s Seal Unit arrived at Nang Lerng police station last night to confirm they are members of the SEAL unit and assured that they were on a narcotic investigation mission.

He also said the VIP cards were issued to facilitate their investigation and travel.

Source: http://englishnews.thaipbs.or.th/capo-orders-probe-arrest-navy-seal-troopers-near-protest-site/

thaipbs_logo.jpg
-- Thai PBS 2014-01-16

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

So, Navy seals on a "drug" related mission that the police do not know about.

So how many headlines do we see of "Navy seals bust drug ring" ?? Think it might be zero.

A bigger question is of course who is firing these shots at night ? and who is shooting police ? Wonder if two hands caught hold of the third hand ?

I wonder if they were wearing mysteriously dark clothing?

the three suspects drove in a pickup truck with fake license plate but official vehicle. The trio claimed that they were on a narcotics investigation mission and they have the special VIP cards of the NSPR because they needed to have special access to the area to carry on their mission.

Has Phua Thai started selling drugs now to be able to pay the marching rice farmers?

My guess is they were on an operation to ambush attackers of the various protest sights that have been taking place in recent days, most likely requested by Suthep and deployed by the military without police or government knowing as it is very likely they cannot trust either with such covert deployment information

I believe the nightly armed assaults have ceased

Navy, not military. Govt has OK'ed army presence within the protest sight to try to counter attacks. But not this, they wouldn't have been arrested in the first place if the govt knew about it. Admiral Bannawit is supposedly associated with the KPT, wonder if he could have pulled strings and had a few detached to the protest site for guard or general duty? Either that or the Navy commander doesn't know the details and these guys were moonlighting unauthorized.

So, Navy seals on a "drug" related mission that the police do not know about.

So how many headlines do we see of "Navy seals bust drug ring" ?? Think it might be zero.

A bigger question is of course who is firing these shots at night ? and who is shooting police ? Wonder if two hands caught hold of the third hand ?

I wonder if they were wearing mysteriously dark clothing?

Black ?

How could seals get arrested by the keystone cops? Could you even contemplate USA seals getting arrested, hahahahaha. I thought seals were the best of the best?

Perhaps they disagreed with their mission and had been told to do something they consider bad, so they "allowed" themselves to get caught.......................

Silencers, this sounds like an execution squad...

This isn't The Sopranos

No this is the comedy version but can be just as deadly.

silencers fully booted and suited unmarked et al crack SEAL unit and they get pulled by a police check point ?? facepalm.gif.pagespeed.ce.EuN79TyYk_.gif

You cant make this stuff up you just cant.

I dont even want to theorize this one, im going to get a drink

• Like 2

My guess is they were on an operation to ambush attackers of the various protest sights that have been taking place in recent days, most likely requested by Suthep and deployed by the military without police or government knowing as it is very likely they cannot trust either with such covert deployment information

I believe the nightly armed assaults have ceased

I was thinking the same.

How could seals get arrested by the keystone cops? Could you even contemplate USA seals getting arrested, hahahahaha. I thought seals were the best of the best?

SEALS are not trained to evade police.

Actually the Navy do a lot of drug suppression work. There are regular reports around Pattaya.

Using stolen plates?

Well it would be a give away if on Navy plates don't you think...also it said fake plates... Not stolen!

Sent from my XT1032 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Edited by casualbiker
  • Like 1

Well it would be a give away if on Navy plates don't you think...also it said fake plates... Not stolen!

You are right, it says fake and not stolen. Although they could use standard plates, no need to forge them (if that was indeed done). Since criminals do not look up plates in databases, only the police do. One can assume that this was done to disguise their identities to evade arrest by the police.

• Like 1

Performing seals the circus justs gets better,

Bring on the clowns

It's not over until the fat lady swings

hahahahaha.

I'm a serious miserable SOB usually but today we really are treated to a pantomime.

fake whisltes.

the mysterious dissapearance of 7 million protesters who are claimed to be on these marches.

Suthep running out of money even faster than he is running out of friends.

The police protecting the PDRC Guards was a master stroke. The outing of the nutty proffessors outrageous comments about women. How many southern women will these old leeches have examined. Hey, they may even have had a good joke at the expense of some of the Southern womens tackle down the years. Who know what they do when the anaeathetic is working.

This deserved a thread of its own it was so vile. Be interesting to see who would back them up after this.

http://uglytruththailand.wordpress.com/2014/01/15/more-sexually-abusive-language-from-suteps-mob/

Thanks for that, you cheered up my day.

Edited by pipkins

What kind of Navy Seals get 'caught" by regular police?? !!!!!
Aren't navy Seals supposed to be like Rambo ?

Anyway,, to me this seems more like Phew Thai (Yingluck) sending some soldiers in to the Yellow Shirt Mob to shoot at the Police or something... To make the Yellow shirts look bad. Looking back over years and years of these sorts of things, it seems to be quite common to use these tactics to transfer the blame.

Edited by easybullet3

Silencers, this sounds like an execution squad...

This isn't The Sopranos

Citing landdestroyer.blogspot.com:

"Dec 1, 2013 - Meanwhile, Thaksin Shinawatra's secret "black shirt" force of provocateurs, mostly made up of navy SEALS and marines, is back on the streets ."

Actually the Navy do a lot of drug suppression work. There are regular reports around Pattaya.

Using stolen plates?

No they were fake number plates, maybe because military vehicle number plates are readily recognisable as such, so civilian number plates make them less visible!