Eight protesters injured in bomb attack against Suthep's procession

Lite Beer

• Replies 401
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

"Eight protesters injured in bomb attack against Suthep's procession"......Video's are circulating now on the Internet to show the reality of this thing...That being the need for the coup-mongers to ratchet up the mayhem, in order to create the chaos they are seeking....It is very difficult to pull off stunts as discussed here, in the age of video's....The video clearly shows that the so-called 'bomb' was not against Suthep's procession, but from within it...It clearly shows a bomb being lobbed from the back of one of the pick-ups in the procession....it is unfortunate that to create the political situation the coup-mongers need to self-servingly make, people get injured..One of them seriously in this case, undergoing an operation.....That said, there is also much talk on social media of the military's dubious involvement here...According to them, not only are they used to check the police, and prevent them from investigating locations of violence until the military has cleansed the place, they are also reportedly aiding and abetting this thing, ostensibly while pretending to protect the protesters....

"Eight protesters injured in bomb attack against Suthep's procession"......Video's are circulating now on the Internet to show the reality of this thing...That being the need for the coup-mongers to ratchet up the mayhem, in order to create the chaos they are seeking....It is very difficult to pull off stunts as discussed here, in the age of video's....The video clearly shows that the so-called 'bomb' was not against Suthep's procession, but from within it...It clearly shows a bomb being lobbed from the back of one of the pick-ups in the procession....it is unfortunate that to create the political situation the coup-mongers need to self-servingly make, people get injured..One of them seriously in this case, undergoing an operation.....That said, there is also much talk on social media of the military's dubious involvement here...According to them, not only are they used to check the police, and prevent them from investigating locations of violence until the military has cleansed the place, they are also reportedly aiding and abetting this thing, ostensibly while pretending to protect the protesters....

What rubbish propaganda post. You're making serious accusations based on thin air. Source, please.

Incidentally, the associate professor from Thamassat University, a red shirt supporter, publicly sad few days ago that some red shirt supporters/UDD members are totally out of the control. They started brining and stockpiling arms and weapons in Bangkok few months ago. Source: economics associate professor Mr Pichit Likitkijsomboon. Also red shirt supporters stockpiled heavy weapons in North and Northeast-smuggled from Cambodia. Furthermore, the red shirt leader gave an interview few years ago in which he confirmed that red shirts/UDD paramilitary formations smuggle weapons from Cambodia. Source: Jakrapob Penkair.

Siding up with Cambodians against your own country is as treacherous as it gets.

If there had been no protesters, there would have been no attack..

I think most of us are growing weary of this elitest B.S..

The vast majority of the protesters by far, easily over 90% are nothing to do with the elite. Walk through and see for yourself.

The same argument could be said about 2010, for the mayhem and destruction that the red shirts caused, where the protesters were far worse. Unfortunately, now the situation and tension is getting worse every day.

And for the people suggesting that this bomb was an inside job by Suthep, grow up, is everything a conspiracy just because it doesn't fit your agenda? This has far damaged his position by deterring protesters than anything else. And, no, I don't think it has anything to do with the Government too. This is a country split into many different fractions, not just red and yellow with the problem you have here is you have two idiots running both sides of the show and no middle ground for either side, just many branches. It's a country well and truly split .

Edited by Hawkman

What rubbish propaganda post. You're making serious accusations based on thin air. Source, please.

Incidentally, the associate professor from Thamassat University, a red shirt supporter, publicly sad few days ago that some red shirt supporters/UDD members are totally out of the control. They started brining and stockpiling arms and weapons in Bangkok few months ago. Source: economics associate professor Mr Pichit Likitkijsomboon. Also red shirt supporters stockpiled heavy weapons in North and Northeast-smuggled from Cambodia. Furthermore, the red shirt leader gave an interview few years ago in which he confirmed that red shirts/UDD paramilitary formations smuggle weapons from Cambodia. Source: Jakrapob Penkair.

Siding up with Cambodians against your own country is as treacherous as it gets.

"...You're making serious accusations based on thin air. Source, please.".....I was very careful to indicate the source....Read my Post again very carefully, and you will see that......Regarding your other point about arms and weapons being stockpiled in BKK allegedly by some UDD/RS supporters, I have heard that too, but not from the source you quote...As mentioned in a previous Post, I am not as concerned about loss of patience by Bangkokians, but by the nation-wide electoral majority who are seeing an assault on their votes in the last election....If the Feb. 2nd. election date is tampered with in any way with respect to date, will they stay on the sidelines as they are doing now?....They are preparing for any eventuality however, and this may be the sentiment behind this alleged stockpiling you mention.

Edited by Fryslan boppe

There getting brave with daylight attacks now. Give the Weekend Warriors something to think about this weekend.

hoping for blood in the streets are we! Brave attacking peaceful protesters. Really How f***** is that?

Do any of those attacking "nowhereman60" actually understand the meaning of " they're getting brave with daylight attacks now" ???

If I understand correctly, he is referring to them (sic people) being bolder , crazier, not afraid of the law , etc etc.

he is not complimenting the barbaric act.

• Like 1

Video link please ?

I spent the last week in Bangkok at both Asoke and outside MBK. The protesters took over 24 hours away from my life in detours and put my life in danger and the life of my son by not allowing us to walk on the sidewalk they were blocking. It was dangerous.

If they want to protest, they should protest in Lumpini park, and not FORCE everyone else to listen to their whistles until midnight and block people from getting to and from work and school, and the hospital. Or better yet, just participate in democracy and to stop being soar losers. Most people, don't really understand what is going on.

Thank you, I wish I would of had the guts to toss the bomb myself.

with the amount of warning we had

why you not do what we have done

gone on holidays for 2 weeks

sure the wife parents would be glad to see their grandson

If you want to live in Thailand

guess yiu have to except the thai way and stop whinging

Soooo...you actually left your brain at the immigration, did you?

As much as I would speak up for the peoples right to demonstrate AND disrupt public life (what good would a demonstration do in a secluded place? If you want to be heard, you have to get attention!)- "why don't you go on holiday for 2 weeks", is one of the dumbest things I have read on these threads full of dumb things!

Some people actually have to work!

...but maybe your thai-wife, who you mention in every second of your posts, can teach you something about that...

• Like 1

Okay, I am going to take the conspiracy -theory a bit further!

How insanely stupid do you have to be, to throw a grenade from an empty building and thus point all the attention to that building...whene inside that building, you have a "secret"- weapons- storage?!

That makes no <deleted> sense, whatsoever!

• Like 2

Won't link it incase it contains any truth. But worlds most popular video sharing site is showing footage that quite clearly shows that the grenade came in from behind, and not from the side as stated.

As it came from behind, and the guys in the pic did not duck or look at it suggests it came from very close behind, or from the pickups itself. Go ahead, say it came from the side..... but tell us how you come to that conclusion.

It's all over Thai Media and is going to take a lot of explaining away.

The Media certainly smell a Rat which is why Suthep is rambling on constantly about how sad he is.

Will administrators please act and start removing nonsensical posts by fab4 and company whose obvious intention is to derail this thread. Let's stick to the topic.

As it was said many times, if YL really wanted a peaceful solution she would have postponed the election for second part of May or later. The amnesty bill would be dead and buried. Democrats and moderates off the streets, Suthep left talking to himself. But obviously this current government has its own agenda so they decided to aggravate political crisis.

And as I have told you many times Yingluck cannot postpone the election as it was called in line with the constitution and has been royally decreed. I don't know why you cannot understand that simple fact.

Well I do, it's because you willfully ignore the reality in favour of your progressively tiresome rants about delaying the election.

So your theory is that the people on the pick-up truck threw a bomb at their own vehicle.

Congratulations, you have reached level 0 in credibility, among other things.

Won't link it incase it contains any truth. But worlds most popular video sharing site is showing footage that quite clearly shows that the grenade came in from behind, and not from the side as stated.

As it came from behind, and the guys in the pic did not duck or look at it suggests it came from very close behind, or from the pickups itself. Go ahead, say it came from the side..... but tell us how you come to that conclusion.

It's all over Thai Media and is going to take a lot of explaining away.

The Media certainly smell a Rat which is why Suthep is rambling on constantly about how sad he is.

Another lie peddler, the people didn't duck because they didn't see or had time to react to the grenade, are you so out of your mind that you would seriously suggest, on top of that the people in the pickup threw a greneade at themselves, that the other people around were into it and stood casually to be fragged?

Another congratulations to you for demostrating that you and your fellow conspiracist are to be ignored completely. Hopefully this sort of fabrications will be removed from the forum.

The vast majority of the protesters by far, easily over 90% are nothing to do with the elite. Walk through and see for yourself.

The same argument could be said about 2010, for the mayhem and destruction that the red shirts caused, where the protesters were far worse. Unfortunately, now the situation and tension is getting worse every day.

And for the people suggesting that this bomb was an inside job by Suthep, grow up, is everything a conspiracy just because it doesn't fit your agenda? This has far damaged his position by deterring protesters than anything else. And, no, I don't think it has anything to do with the Government too. This is a country split into many different fractions, not just red and yellow with the problem you have here is you have two idiots running both sides of the show and no middle ground for either side, just many branches. It's a country well and truly split .

No, they are mostly middle class, or working class people who think they are.

No, the same argument cannot be said about 2010. It's very different using violence in a democracy and against a dictatorship.

No, everything isn't a conspiracy theory, but this is. Whoever carried out this grenade attack conspired to do so. Only that the most plausible theory is that they did it themselves. The protesters numbers were dwindling in either case. The bombing made very little difference.

Will administrators please act and start removing nonsensical posts by fab4 and company whose obvious intention is to derail this thread. Let's stick to the topic.

As it was said many times, if YL really wanted a peaceful solution she would have postponed the election for second part of May or later. The amnesty bill would be dead and buried. Democrats and moderates off the streets, Suthep left talking to himself. But obviously this current government has its own agenda so they decided to aggravate political crisis.

And as I have told you many times Yingluck cannot postpone the election as it was called in line with the constitution and has been royally decreed. I don't know why you cannot understand that simple fact.

Well I do, it's because you willfully ignore the reality in favour of your progressively tiresome rants about delaying the election.

Indeed. And she can't legally resign either, the protesters would ask the court to rule that she violated Penal Code's Article 157, which punishes officials who abandon their duty. She would face a jail term. What happened to "it's the law" argument yellow shirts used to justify the 2010 crackdown?

And I have told you even more times that Yingluck can postpone the election as suggested by the Election commission because of violence and loss of life. So it does not come as surprise that you are being dishonest once again. Actually, it appears that you made a habit of it.

Calling upon delaying the election until second half of May 2014 or later is not a rant. It's common sense. I don't want more Thais to die, I don't want Thai tax payer money to be wasted on the election which is bound to fail. As another poster said, fb4, resume your rants.

Is that what protesters do to get sympathy? Blow themselves up or shoot themselves? Did this also happen in 2010?

To be fair the government at the time, the "Democrat" party, did state that Thaksin was responsible for killing his own supporters in 2010, but then, they lied about a lot of things back then.

The Democrats yesterday accused ex-prime minister Thaksin Shinawatra of being behind the so-called "men in black" who were allegedly hired to kill innocents including red-shirt protesters in order to smear the previous Abhisit government.

Democrat Party deputy leader Apirak Kosayodhin was speaking during the party's discussion at Lumpini Park on "Seeking the truth: who is behind the merciless men in black in Thailand''. He said that there had been attempts to accuse the Abhisit government of ordering soldiers to kill the people, and that today the party would unveil who were the so-called men in black in order that the country can have the reconciliation.

http://www.nationmultimedia.com/politics/Democrats-Thaksin-was-behind-men-in-black-30192301.html

They never did unveil who were the men in black......................................

Actually the Army once again came out recently and said they know who the MiB are and who runs it, a special unit within the Royal Thaksin Police.

Really? Thanks for that, you can always rely on the word of the army. Remember this event?

"A court in Thailand has ruled that six unarmed people who were killed inside a Buddhist temple were shot dead by troops using high-velocity rounds who had taken up positions on railway tracks overlooking the site. The Thai military has always denied its troops fired into the temple." http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/asia/troops-killed-six-unarmed-people-in-temple-during-thai-red-shirt-protests-court-rules-8747943.html

They do not appear to be backward in the lie telling game, and with no apparent embarassment either.

In the meantime I believe I was talking about the fact that the dems said that they would reveal the identity of the MIB and never did, not the Army, so your post is irrelevant.

• Like 1

And I have told you even more times that Yingluck can postpone the election as suggested by the Election commission because of violence and loss of life. So it does not come as surprise that you are being dishonest once again. Actually, it appears that you made a habit of it.

Calling upon delaying the election until second half of May 2014 or later is not a rant. It's common sense. I don't want more Thais to die, I don't want Thai tax payer money to be wasted on the election which is bound to fail. As another poster said, fb4, resume your rants.

Nobody can postpone the election due to violence, unless there is a National Emergency.

The Constitution only says National Emergency.

Until there is a National Emergency nobody is allowed to postpone the election. For there to be a National Emergency there would have to be a Nationwide imposition of an Emergency Decree or Martial Law.

If YL were to postpone the election for a reason not clearly stated in the Constitution then on February 7th there would be petitions filed at the Constitution Court by Sutheps mob, in my opinion, to claim the Constitution has been breached.

All in my opinion of course.

Edited by LevelHead

I watched the video of the grenade explosion. I am not going to speculate on who did it but finding the large cache of weapons, etc., seems incredibly convenient. Strange, indeed. Given the fact that the side of the truck appeared to have taken the brunt of the explosion and there were still 30 people that were still injured. Seems to indicate to me that it must have been a pretty powerful blast. Could have been much worse if the grenade had rolled under the truck and caused a secondary explosion of the truck's gas tank. Since this happened, I have pondered what several other posters have raised in this thread: Is there a way out? I have some ideas and I am sure there are thousands of others who have ideas as well. BUT, if the parties to this dispute are unwilling to negotiate to find some middle ground, there are no solutions. Corruption is the mantra of the PDRC and its affiliates. To the PDRC, the only way to rid corruption is to rid the country of the Thaksin clan. To me, such a view is the same as saying that the arrest of Al Capone resulted in the eradication of the mafia. The issue of corruption will take a fundamental shift if the way Thais act. Refusing to give the traffic cop is the first step I always like to propose. But after mulling over this for a while, I can only conclude that the PDRC is using hatred for Thaksin clan to further its own political agenda. I know, not much of a stark revelation. But the molding and use of hate is a powerful tool and creates 'stop think' reactions to such words as 'negotiations', 'reconciliation', mediation, arbitration, etc. Within the last several days, one of the PDRC leaders admitted that it was a 'minority' movement. Even if I were to assume that all the allegations against the Phue Thai were true, isn't the act of a minority of people imposing it's will on the majority the ultimate corruption of democracy? I have some ideas about a way out but are not relevant if no one wants to talk. AND, I am still waiting on an explanation on how 'reform' works as opposed as it just being a slogan. Again, my condolences to the families of the injured. To avoid further bloodshed, I sincerely hope there is a way out.

Suthep is not willing to negotiate.

He repeats it constantly.

But if he was removed from the game there would be hope...

Sent from my HTC One using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Nobody can postpone the election due to violence, unless there is a National Emergency.

The Constitution only says National Emergency.

Until there is a National Emergency nobody is allowed to postpone the election. For their to be a National Emergency there would have to be a Nationwide imposition of an Emergency Decree or Martial Law.

If YL were to postpone the election for a reason not clearly stated in the Constitution then on February 7th there would be petitions filed at the Constitution Court by Sutheps mob, in my opinion, to claim the Constitution has been breached.

All in my opinion of course.

And you are totally right.

This is also why the EC tries to convince Yingluck to postpone the election, without taking responsibility themselves. Very dirty game of the EC... But the PT did not fall in this obvious trap.

Sent from my HTC One using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

• Like 1

Accusing me of lying will not get you far on an anonymous forum, Mackie. Reality, of which it seems you only have a tenuous grasp, is different. Don't do it again without reason.

Meanwhile I suggest you read this for an intelligent interpretation of the Constitution explaining why your plaintive bleats about delaying the election do not have any basis in reality. Individual constituency elections can be delayed under the constituency, not the entire election

http://asiancorrespondent.com/117342/can-the-election-be-delayed/

Edited by fab4
  • Like 1

I hope if they caught the bomber, hope they let him have a phone call to Yingluck before they lynched him...

That's the way to go, assume guilt, assume association, forego a trial and lynch law!

And amazingly you got a "like"!

Not amazingly....predictably. One needs only read a few posts in one of these threads to see the same theme play out over and over by frothing farangs who seem to have Thai politics all figured out.

crying-with-laughter.gif

Not only expats, some of the locals have made it to the board to. I could be wrong as there are a lot of expats with short fuse. Yet these attacks and accusations of being a red shirt symphatizer is a very popular method by some PAD supporters. That said, I do appreciate that locals actually do partcipate in discussions here and try to sort it out without violence.

How much longer is Yingluck going to carry this out. She tells the police no violence she tells the army no violence but what about the red shirts who are supporting her. They seem to act under the orders of there three different leaders.

It's NOT Yingluck to blame for these turmoils but Suthep. How this brainless guy can sleep at night. He's to blame for all injured and killed people. Hopefully he'll end up in jail.....or has to leave the country....?

• Like 1

Let's see.... 100's of businesses are virtually shutdown / losing money daily and/or closing, traffic is most likely at a historical gridlock, people trying to get to the hospitals for emergencies (and could be dying along the way), government offices closed and the (literal) tons of paperwork piling up, and generally speaking, the average Joe/Josephine on the street are getting pretty p***ed off... So, to the majority of government haters on TV, WHY does it have to be pro-govt supporters ALWAYS getting blamed????? Given 100's of folks have already / probably lost their livelihoods, who's to say it wasn't a few of them????? Has anybody given this a good think?

This megalomaniac, autocrat Suthep is getting more and more "disliked" daily..... let this sink in for a few minutes folks....

Let's see.... 100's of businesses are virtually shutdown / losing money daily and/or closing, traffic is most likely at a historical gridlock, people trying to get to the hospitals for emergencies (and could be dying along the way), government offices closed and the (literal) tons of paperwork piling up, and generally speaking, the average Joe/Josephine on the street are getting pretty p***ed off... So, to the majority of government haters on TV, WHY does it have to be pro-govt supporters ALWAYS getting blamed????? Given 100's of folks have already / probably lost their livelihoods, who's to say it wasn't a few of them????? Has anybody given this a good think?

This megalomaniac, autocrat Suthep is getting more and more "disliked" daily..... let this sink in for a few minutes folks....

With very few cars on the roads, it's probably easier to get to the hospitals now.

With very few cars on the roads, it's probably easier to get to the hospitals now.

WB,

I'm out of the country ATM.... and the internet here is pretty much nil. Good to hear that emergency vehicles can get around! But the businesses slowly going broke???

WB,

I'm out of the country ATM.... and the internet here is pretty much nil. Good to hear that emergency vehicles can get around! But the businesses slowly going broke???

I live and have a business next to one of the protest sites. It's pretty much business as usual for me at the moment. But I am sure that there are some businesses that would be struggling around the sites.

But, does that give them the right to kill people? Shouldn't they be protesting to the government / police to do their jobs?

• Like 1