Where do you meet these super hot, well educated, middle class Thai/Chinese Hi-So girls?

pinkpanther99

You need to be careful about the overseas educated daughters of rich Thai Chinese businessmen, or even worse corrupt politicians, military or police who seem to have become westernised. That is just a very thin veneer of westernisation. They are under the thumbs of their fathers and brothers who will force them to conform. In the unlikely event that they will be allowed to marry a relatively poor farang, who just works for a living, they will be pressured to meet expectations to have certain kind of lifestyle, whether you can afford it or not, and to drive a certain kind of car to the tedious Sunday lunches at the family mansion. Often Thai farang couples meet studying abroad and decide to come and live in Thailand after graduation which is invariably a disastrous decision. Under peer group pressure the Thai partner forgets her (or his) westernisation and reverts to type. Bye bye marriage.

You need to be careful about the overseas educated daughters of rich Thai Chinese businessmen, or even worse corrupt politicians, military or police who seem to have become westernised. That is just a very thin veneer of westernisation. They are under the thumbs of their fathers and brothers who will force them to conform. In the unlikely event that they will be allowed to marry a relatively poor farang, who just works for a living, they will be pressured to meet expectations to have certain kind of lifestyle, whether you can afford it or not, and to drive a certain kind of car to the tedious Sunday lunches at the family mansion. Often Thai farang couples meet studying abroad and decide to come and live in Thailand after graduation which is invariably a disastrous decision. Under peer group pressure the Thai partner forgets her (or his) westernisation and reverts to type. Bye bye marriage.

Yeah, thanks but I'll file that in the Thaivisa advice drawer along with the "Oooo careful, don't upset the locals by standing up for yourself" chestnut.

Yeah, thanks but I'll file that in the Thaivisa advice drawer along with the "Oooo careful, don't upset the locals by standing up for yourself" chestnut.

Believe me, the stuff that comes out of these peoples mouths can make "meet the parents" look serious.

Was in a bar last night listening to three guys talk about their new Thai wives.

The first guy who married a Thai/Chinese lady from Chiang Mai said, "it took a few days but on the first day I insisted she cook every day and clean the house and wash my clothes. After three days of minor problems everything worked out great.

The second guy from Bangkok who married a Chula grad said, " Me too, on the first day of our marriage I laid down the law. Clean house, hot dinner and fresh clothes every day. It took three days of repetition but on the third day everything was as I requested.

The third guy from who married a stunner from Issan said, "Yup three days, me too. On the second day the swelling went down in my eyes and I could see a bit and on the third day I could lift my arm that was in the cast enough to make myself a sandwich."

if this is a joke its not funnie at all..................lol.

I prefer asthetically light skin over dark although some dark women are quite attractive. My wife is not at all white and does not use creams. We spend lots of time outdoors, that would be fighting nature.

I think it's not Chinese, but light skinned women most are on about.

You honestly have little chance of marrying a Chinese in most countries. Full Chinese, like Jews rarely marry outside their culture. Was in Penang yrs ago chatting up some Chinese at a festival with a friend. Farang, lived in China 12yrs. So, how many farang marry Chinese...? Bloke looking bewildered: er...none.

If you are looking for a Chinese woman

Vietnam

Malaysia (possibly the poorer girls)

Sumatra

Not

Thailand

Philippines

Singapore

My place on days that end in Y.

Srs man most of it's just a troll guys here just like to talk them selves up. No big deal if you want to see or meet them go to Paragon or Emporium Fri / Sat Afternoon - Evenings. Look in Jimmy Choo or shops like that with 60,000 Baht shoes. You will find em

Yeah, you'll find them ok, but they'll be too busy on their iPhones to notice you, most of them are so far up their own bottoms (that ok Mods), that they haven't even noticed the protests going on!!!

I just want to know why some farang think it is so bad to have a Thai wife or gf that has an education or cones from a good middle class family. Some of us like an educated girl from a good family and think it is nice to have your lady work a decent job at a bank or office. We all pick who we want to be with. If you want a farmer marry a farmer, if you want business woman marry a business woman, if you want a bargirl marry a bargirl. Just don't get on my and other people's case because our choice is an educated middle class girl. Understand ?

And just because we say that my wife has a degree or works in an office or is middle class does not mean we are bragging. It is a normally thing not something special.

I am just sick and tired of hearing you people.

Sent from my iPhone using ThaiVisa app

its an inside joke. hiso and even middle class girls dont go anywhre near farangs in numbers as brown esan girls do.............lol.

• Like 1

If you have a good Thai wife or GF , be contented , I went through the mill when I first came to Thailand 6 years ago some of the girls thought I was a walking ATM others seemed always to have family problems requiring more and more money, most families I was introduced to Thought I was just another source of Income some parents were looking for sin-sod even for girls that had kids and were divorced

NO if you have a good faithful wife or GF be contented, who cares about pedigree, I came to Thailand to get away from all that BS If you find a good Thai girl Who doesnt always pester you for money, Has no Family problems or even no family at all, Feeds and Looks after you doesnt throw bills at you for payment then you've won the equivelent to the Thai Lottery.

LOOK NO FURTHER as you say the grass is not always greener

I met my present GF on the internet when I was in England ,I thought I was taking a big chance But everthing has turned out 'A' O.K. She is a wonderful companion very attentive to my every need we have been together now for 15 months and I am happy with Her her 8 year old daughter get on very well, we are always having fun and laughing.

• Like 2

TV should start up a "Reader's Wives - Best of Breed" forum where all these forum members with top-notch spouses can post photos that showcase their wives' impeccable pedigrees.

Only if there is also a "Slappers" forum for the rest of you!

This is 'er indoors (outdoors)...the sign is appropriate, you think?...??? woof woof!

Entertainment nonetheless .

post-189204-0-35577200-1390100268_thumb.

I met mine through work. As the administration manager for an international construction company she was my boss (I bet no one else on TV can say they married their boss in Thailand). Nine years later still together with a beautiful 7 year old Son.

Edited by Boxclever

Where do you meet these super hot, well educated, middle class Thai/Chinese Hi-So girls?

I've found the best place is the local branch of " Super Hot, Well Educated, Middle Class, Thai/ Chinese Hi-So Girls R Us"

Most call themselves Chinese Thai are typically 1/4-1/8th Chinese, so it is a very loosely defined criteria. Personally, I would only consider someone Chinese Thai if their parents were immigrants from China, but after that they are locals as anyone else.

I do agree with the OP that a lot of posters tend to justify and qualify their relationships. I have never been on a forum for other countries where the posters needed to do that before. "My Australian wife is a good girl and from a middle class educated family, blah blah blah"

I wonder if Thai men married to foreign women justify their relationships?

There are also plenty of Thai-foreigner marriages, including those where the Thai spouse is part Chinese (although relatively few with any Chinese ethnicity Thais seem to actively promote this...rather they consider themselves as completely Thai, they have no knowledge of the Chinese language, probably have never been to China and generally only have a vague idea of which part of China their ancestors came from).

I find that a large proportion of foreigners in relationships to Thais and working decent jobs in Thailand DO have Chinese Thai or other relatively well educated, perhaps even hi-so spouses and this includes those living abroad. Despite all the rhetoric about discrimination towards foreigners in Thailand it is interesting to note that there are more foreigners in relationships with Thai women than women from any other Asian country, the closest competitor being the Philippines. However, there are proportionally far, far fewer Vietnamese and Chinese women who date foreigners or end up moving to western countries with spouses from those countries - nearly all Chinese/Vietnamese women seem to be in relationships with other ethnic Chinese/Vietnamese even if they're living in the west. On the other hand, I rarely see Thais living abroad who don't have a non-Thai spouse.

So let me make some obvious remarks:

Clearly a hi-so girl wouldn't go for a 65-year old geezer wearing a singlet and with a beer belly that alone weighs more than her whole body. Nor would they go with some 21-year old drifter who is travelling the world and staying in $3 a night backpacker hostels, chugging down 3 liters of beer a night, smoking and "experiencing the culture" on a shoestring budget. Hi-so girls would probably spend at least $3 just on a cup of orange juice or a coffee every time they go out hence they wouldn't see a match in such types of foreigners just as they wouldn't date a Carabao daeng free willy Thai cowboy named Somchai with a beaten up pickup truck, 4000 Baht in his savings to his name and who works in construction or god knows what. It's the same thing - if you are in the same class as them, you might be able to compete. But it would help if either she can speak good English or you can speak good Thai and you have a decent job, good income, you're relatively well groomed (certainly no shorts or flip flops worn to boutique outlets or good restaurants) and are able to support her lifestyle in the same way she's been brought up with. That's what her parents expect - at the end of the day it's all about money and hi-so girls crave money just like anyone else - no, more than anyone else.

• Like 1

1. First class lounge at BKK

2.At a major social events. Hua Hin has a couple. Usually the high society ones will have a charitable or public service function and a royal presence. One must be on his best behaviour and properly attired. The farang flip flop and singlet is a no go.

There are formal dinners or semi formal events such as the Kings Cup, or the International Sixes. The Vintage Car event will attract some interesting types. Much better than Phuket Bike Week with its low end losers.

3. At a hi so wedding or funeral. Funerals are open invitations unlike weddings.

4. From a referral.

seriously so if one has chinese in the bloodline then he's hi so?

Then a pure chinese would be even more hi so.

This is idea of Chinese supremacy that the Thai Chinese working in TV, advertising, publishing and marketing seek to foist on the majority of their countrymen who are not of Chinese origin. Reinforced by racial discrimination in Thai Chinese companies It has been widely successful and brown skinned non-Chinese Thais suffer from inferiority complexes. Even the Thai civil service and police, previously bastions of Thainness, now reserve the highest ranks for Chinese. The military will be the last to go.

Best to avoid all those porcelain dolls that are beseiged by Thai Chinese suitors with sticking up hair in Ferraris and Porsches. Go for the overlooked educated brown skinned girls and tell them to throw away their whitening creams. You can find them in the vicinity of Ramkhamhaeng University.

Edited by Dogmatix
  • Like 1

i think op wasnt really asking where to find them. the point is they arent accesible to the majority here.

the answers are just as silly as the question...lol. go trolling for girls at a funereal? really?

Edited by oogster8

Yeah, I don't think so.

Married Thai grad student wife in 1982 in the USA. Had reception in the USA and another in Bangkok. Father's General Policeman brother arranged for venue in Bangkok. If there were ever any expectations, nothing was ever said to us. After working in the USA for a few years we moved to Bangkok and worked there for 12 years before returning to the USA.

My wife went to WWA and did a masters in the UK. Pretty much all of her years parents are Thai-Chinese business families. Some are, some of the biggest businesses in their field. Parents of her friends also include Bangkok governers, high ranking police and army, politicians. Most did degrees or masters abroad. At least 10 of her year are married to farangs. I know of 2 Brits, an American, German, Irish, Slovakian. No one seems to have this problem.

I actually belief it's not hard to meet a middle class Thai girl (a really high class woman would be more difficult).

Take into account that most women of this group are not looking for some quick fun. They are looking for a serious relation.

Middle class Thai women are looking for the perfect guy when they are still young and many don't seem to be able to find them.

When they are in their late twenties or early thirties they are of often still single, many often them are even still a virgin.

At this age they will feel in a hurry and they are open to other possibilities - like dating a farang.

Being middle class doesn't mean they speak English and at that age all English they have learned might be erased from their memory.

So - study Thai language - both speaking and writing.

If you know only English, you're more likely to end up with a woman that has dated a lot of farang - and she'll be able to compare - you'll have a lot of competition.

But if you know Thai and the girl is not very good in English, you'll be like the only farang talking to her.

I think the internet is an excellent tool for finding women, use facebook, ask Thai middle class friends if they know someone.

Use websites only in Thai, use chat programs only used by Thai/Chinese.

You've to look in places other farang are not looking - language is the key.

For a farang it's much easier to find a middle class woman than it is for a Thai. And if you can write and speak Thai is even more easy.

• Like 1

I actually belief it's not hard to meet a middle class Thai girl (a really high class woman would be more difficult).

Take into account that most women of this group are not looking for some quick fun.

There are plenty in that group looking for some quick cash, the trouble is (as a foreigner) meeting them.

May I ask the people on this forum how much money (both cash and property) somebody (or the parents) needs to have to be called middle class?

Or how high the income should be?

The words middle/high class are very confusing for me.

Low class is much more clear - somebody that has just enough to survive.

I think most people living around me, including my wife, are middle class. I live in central Thailand.

May I ask the people on this forum how much money (both cash and property) somebody (or the parents) needs to have to be called middle class?

I think most people living around me, including my wife, are middle class. I live in central Thailand.

It depends if you are British or American.

British is defined by education and occupation, a librarian earning 50GBP a week is middle class.

American is more income orientated, a plumber earning 2,000USD a week would be considered middle class.

Take into account that most women of this group are not looking for some quick fun.

There are plenty in that group looking for some quick cash, the trouble is (as a foreigner) meeting them.

A woman looking for some quick cash is low class - her life depends on the quick cash of the people she meets.

A middle class woman should make at least enough money to be financially independent - there shouldn't be a need for this kind of quick cash.

It depends if you are British or American.

British is defined by education and occupation, a librarian earning 50GBP a week is middle class.

American is more income orientated, a plumber earning 2,000USD a week would be considered middle class.

Thank you, but my question was more targeted at the people living in Thailand - not at the Thai living abroad.

A woman looking for some quick cash is low class - her life depends on the quick cash of the people she meets.

A middle class woman should make at least enough money to be financially independent - there shouldn't be a need for this kind of quick cash.

Most middle class women I knew in the UK had no income of their own at all.

They lived off their middle class husbands wage.

The wealthier middle class ladies lived off their parents wages.

Edited by FiftyTwo