Where do you meet these super hot, well educated, middle class Thai/Chinese Hi-So girls?

pinkpanther99

I enjoy reading all comments. It is good to know that there are a few foreigner looking for Chinese-Thai , well educated and hi-so class. How about looking for someone who truly love and cares about you, who is always walking beside you, who never be afraid of when you get in troubles. To be honest I don't know how to find those girls. Maybe one day you might be lucky.

My grandparent came from China, my dad was born in Thailand. He met my mum and here we are, me and my two brothers. We are not rich and not hi-so.

I finished university and worked in a property company for a while. Long story, now I am Sydney Australia and thinking to move back to Thailand soon. You can meet me if you want to but I am not rich and not hi-so :-)

PS. I am joking about last sentence.

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect Thailand

• Like 1

I enjoy reading all comments. It is good to know that there are a few foreigner looking for Chinese-Thai , well educated and hi-so class. How about looking for someone who truly love and cares about you, who is always walking beside you, who never be afraid of when you get in troubles. To be honest I don't know how to find those girls. Maybe one day you might be lucky. My grandparent came from China, my dad was born in Thailand. He met my mum and here we are, me and my two brothers. We are not rich and not hi-so. I finished university and worked in a property company for a while. Long story, now I am Sydney Australia and thinking to move back to Thailand soon. You can meet me if you want to but I am not rich and not hi-so :-) PS. I am joking about last sentence. Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect Thailand

I think Thailand is the wrong country to be hunting that sort of wife.

You will be disappointed, here it's all about money (in an obvious way).

Come to think of it, same in Oz, just less obvious.

Edited by FiftyTwo

I enjoy reading all comments. It is good to know that there are a few foreigner looking for Chinese-Thai , well educated and hi-so class. How about looking for someone who truly love and cares about you, who is always walking beside you, who never be afraid of when you get in troubles. To be honest I don't know how to find those girls. Maybe one day you might be lucky. My grandparent came from China, my dad was born in Thailand. He met my mum and here we are, me and my two brothers. We are not rich and not hi-so. I finished university and worked in a property company for a while. Long story, now I am Sydney Australia and thinking to move back to Thailand soon. You can meet me if you want to but I am not rich and not hi-so :-) PS. I am joking about last sentence. Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect Thailand

Why do you think Thailand is the wrong country to be hunting that sort of wife? Perhaps you married with Thai lady and she was after your money? Maybe you had a bad experience with Thai woman? I think there are a good lady out there in Thailand. It's depend where you have met her. It is same to every country, no exceptional.

• Like 1

Why do you think Thailand is the wrong country to be hunting that sort of wife? Perhaps you married with Thai lady and she was after your money? Maybe you had a bad experience with Thai woman? I think there are a good lady out there in Thailand. It's depend where you have met her. It is same to every country, no exceptional.

I've only had good experiences with Thai women.

And am careful not to overpay them.

Money cannot buy class, at least not class in its truest sense. Money can buy many things, including status, but class is a whole other kettle of fish.

A person can be Hi-So but doesnt automatically mean they have class.

• Like 1

Money cannot buy class, at least not class in its truest sense. Money can buy many things, including status, but class is a whole other kettle of fish.

Finally someone else who gets it. Anyone who thinks they are his, are by definition.not upper class.

• Like 2

You mean buying a pick up with extra windows and seats Fortuner doesn't make you upper class ?

• Like 1

You honestly have little chance of marrying a Chinese in most countries. Full Chinese, like Jews rarely marry outside their culture. Was in Penang yrs ago chatting up some Chinese at a festival with a friend. Farang, lived in China 12yrs. So, how many farang marry Chinese...? Bloke looking bewildered: er...none.

Reading that nonsense, anyone would be forgiven for thinking that Chinese women, in general, are some sort of freakin' Holy Grail at the apex of female desirability.

I accept that, for some men, that may be the case but any foreign bloke living in Thailand professing a preference for white or light-skinned women when the majority of them are dark-skinned, has simply been brain-washed by the preferences depicted in the local media.

Sorry, buggered up the other post, it should be;

This is 'er indoors (outdoors) the sign is appropriate, you think?

???, woof woof!

attachicon.gif.pagespeed.ce.eFBhf2OPKe.gimage.jpg

At least you had the stones to post the pic

Most others won't

• Like 1

I just want to know why some farang think it is so bad to have a Thai wife or gf that has an education or cones from a good middle class family. Some of us like an educated girl from a good family and think it is nice to have your lady work a decent job at a bank or office. We all pick who we want to be with. If you want a farmer marry a farmer, if you want business woman marry a business woman, if you want a bargirl marry a bargirl. Just don't get on my and other people's case because our choice is an educated middle class girl. Understand ?

And just because we say that my wife has a degree or works in an office or is middle class does not mean we are bragging. It is a normally thing not something special.

I am just sick and tired of hearing you people.

Sent from my iPhone using ThaiVisa app

What bar did your Mrs work in before? Thinking I may have pumped her at some stage

I just want to know why some farang think it is so bad to have a Thai wife or gf that has an education or cones from a good middle class family. Some of us like an educated girl from a good family and think it is nice to have your lady work a decent job at a bank or office. We all pick who we want to be with. If you want a farmer marry a farmer, if you want business woman marry a business woman, if you want a bargirl marry a bargirl. Just don't get on my and other people's case because our choice is an educated middle class girl. Understand ?

And just because we say that my wife has a degree or works in an office or is middle class does not mean we are bragging. It is a normally thing not something special.

What bar did your Mrs work in before? Thinking I may have pumped her at some stage

Same one as your mother !

• Like 1

Same one as your mother !

ahhh ok all the birds in there are hi so Thai Chinese bla bla bla laugh.png

Finally someone else who gets it. Anyone who thinks they are his, are by definition.not upper class.

Upper class is something you are born to (or not).

If you don't have the right parents, you are, by definition, not upper class.

Doesn't matter how much money you have.

• Like 1

Upper class is something you are born to (or not).

If you don't have the right parents, you are, by definition, not upper class.

Doesn't matter how much money you have.

Indeed, a good slice of the British ''upper class'' are utterly skint in real money terms, only supported by the nepotism, privilege and cronism involved in the system. If you're born into a 'noble' family...

• Like 2

I don't agree. Most Thai couples I know did now did not marry for the money.

If you're farang, you can choose what kind of relationship you want.

The problem is that many farang that come to Thailand think they can buy love with money, so they end up with the wrong kind of people... the onces that pretend to offer love for money.

• Like 1

Exactly. Hiso is a bizarre creation the simplest definition of which to me would be wannabe snob.

Agree. Hiso to me is a term that makes me cringe. I too equate it to wannabe snob or Nouveau Riche.

If you have real class, you dont actually care about class..for you have no need nor desire to prove anything. For people with real class (or real hiso- whatever that may actually be..for i believe the term hi-society is for those craving Liberace style‎ overt status. ..the type that require obvious brand names to show their worth for example!), this type of "scene" is showy, pretentious and downright grotesque.

I don't believe the OP is referring to the real upper class, true hiso. I think he is trying to make a statement about farang who date non bar girls who have an education. I think the percent is much higher than he thinks.... Believe it or not there are many professionals working in Thailand who date professionals same as them. Also, most of these teachers date younger non bar working girls as they don't have money. Also, some people are able to separate a lady used for a nights fun and a lady you take home for keeps. But I guess If you only sit at a bar all day I guess your entire life revolves around the company you keep. Nothing wrong with that as you both have something in common, live and let live.

Ok..a job in a bank etc, does not make someone "hi-so". Prancing about with daddy's money, worrying about the state of your nails and hair, and making sure you attend the right parties in the right clothes is "hi-so". Think Paris Hilton (if anyone needs clarification here, Paris Hilton is merely rich, and has about as much class as a versace dress. If you still dont get what i mean, then never mind).

There are LOTS of professional thai/farang couples. Usually similar professional standing/backgrounds and who match well both in terms of physicallity, education, and age. Just that Derick the retired plumber with his "hi-so" 20th generation chinese thai gf who is 20+ years younger works management at the 7/11 is much more common an occurance...

The Cabots speak only to the Lodges and the Lodges speak only to God. Hi so in Boston. Members of this class are characterized by their highly discreet and inconspicuous lifestyle. Descendents of the earliest English colonists, such as those who came to America on the Mayflower or the Arbella, are often considered to be the most representative of the Boston Brahmins.

What is the equivalent in Thailand?

I think for most of us,. using "hi-so" sarcastically for anyone who isn't dirt poor and thinks that fact makes them better than those that are, is perfectly OK.

Using it straight to sincerely mean those in the top fraction of 1% in Thai society is catering to that false conceit.

May I ask the people on this forum how much money (both cash and property) somebody (or the parents) needs to have to be called middle class?

Or how high the income should be?

The words middle/high class are very confusing for me.

Low class is much more clear - somebody that has just enough to survive.

I think most people living around me, including my wife, are middle class. I live in central Thailand.

That’s a very good question – I’ve been wondering about the same.
I think what may be described as Thai middle class can be a quite wide spectrum needed to be sub-divided into lower, middle and upper. But exactly where to define the difference between low class and lower middle; I’m in doubt. “Poor” Isaan farmers, factory workers and employed building construction workers and in general people without an education may surely fit below middle class. But then comes people working in a bit more well paid jobs like office, bank etc. and with some level of education; I presume this group shall count as middle class, however what I would think as lower middle class.
»Middle class Thai women are looking for the perfect guy when they are still young and many don't seem to be able to find them.
When they are in their late twenties or early thirties they are of often still single, many often them are even still a virgin.
At this age they will feel in a hurry and they are open to other possibilities - like dating a farang.
Being middle class doesn't mean they speak English and at that age all English they have learned might be erased from their memory.«
Just like the mentioned I know of a number of ladies like that who has ended up with a farang marriage. The ladies typically had some level of education and served office or head of sales jobs in the pay scale of at least 15,000+ baht a month, plus a nice saving of 100,000+ baht or investment in small side business. I would consider them for middle class, presumably lower middle class, with a salary in level of – or higher – than an educated person fresh from university, for whom a government employment pays 15,000.
In the other end of the middle class scale I a know a well educated Thai, he had studied in England even he came from a Isaan farmer family working hard to pay for his education abroad. He now holds a major job in a multinational company in Bangkok and is paid a yearly salary close to 10 million bath, and of course can afford to own a nice big house in Bangkok and drive in the “right brand” of car. I presume he will not qualify in the “real” upper class, but rather the top of the middle class.
Where does that leave the (I presume quite a lot of) Isaan farmer families with nice buildings and house; tractor, truck and car/van; land worth millions of bath; and a yearly overhead of several hundred thousands – or the small business owners, uneducated but making a nice profit – is it wealth or education that classify?
Yes, will be interesting to hear some point of view from other forum members about what the criteria for “middle class” may be?

In the other end of the middle class scale I a know a well educated Thai, he had studied in England even he came from a Isaan farmer family working hard to pay for his education abroad. He now holds a major job in a multinational company in Bangkok and is paid a yearly salary close to 10 million bath, and of course can afford to own a nice big house in Bangkok and drive in the “right brand” of car. I presume he will not qualify in the “real” upper class, but rather the top of the middle class.

Top of the middle class is still known as middle class, unless he was to come from family that had established wealth then it would be "Upper middle class" (based on UK class system). Strange, i know. Maybe there was less fluxuations in this class area before, so there was little need to classify further. No idea.

I personally distaste the UK class system, but it is as follows (basic outline):

"Underclass" = Unemployed (long term/often for generations/living on benefits and in council estates etc)

"Working class" = Unskilled and semi-skilled..(usually manual labour)

"Middle class" = Usually "white collar" jobs such as office work etc, management positions and professionals.

"Upper middle class" = Usually those born into money, but without title.

"Upper class" = Titled gentry. Lords, Barons, Royalty etc.

Maybe some will differ with my breakdown of this, feel free!

• Like 1

TV should start up a "Reader's Wives - Best of Breed" forum where all these forum members with top-notch spouses can post photos that showcase their wives' impeccable pedigrees.

Only if there is also a "Slappers" forum for the rest of you!

Hey I like slippers, and spankers too.