covert surveillance gear for catching a thief

manarak

I need a hidden camera to catch a thief.

I tried a cheap mini camera hidden in a cigarette lighter already, but the image quality is very bad and it's not user friendly at all, I am never really sure that is is setup properly. also the battery life is too short, so I need a wired setup.

I saw on the internet some companies offer hidden cams in fans, coffe machines, etc.

Are there shops in Pattaya offering such equipment?

Why not buy a GoPro - http://gopro.com/ - after you catched the thief, you can use it with your car, motorbike, bicycle or car. Good battery life, good quality of film.

now if there was also a good way to conceal it and to trigger it by movement detection...

Edited by manarak

I've seen tons of this stuff in MBK,, 4th floor I believe, near where all the mobil phones are,, made to look like wall outlets, lights, etc, etc,, Probably similar places in Pattaya...

Edited by Adeeos

I've seen tons of this stuff in MBK,, 4th floor I believe, near where all the mobil phones are,, made to look like wall outlets, lights, etc, etc,, Probably similar places in Pattaya...

Thanks - I will have a look. Maybe I should check out Panthip as well.

Tukom I think fourth floor, Small shop next to the stair well have all kinds of surveillance cams from pen and watch cams all the way up to IR HD Cams, the two girls in there speak English.

I will also move the topic to Pattaya Forum for local knowledge

• Like 1

Tukom I think fourth floor, Small shop next to the stair well have all kinds of surveillance cams from pen and watch cams all the way up to IR HD Cams, the two girls in there speak English.

I will also move the topic to Pattaya Forum for local knowledge

the 3rd floor stairwell shops, main shop is up the stairs one flight on the computer floor

walk towards the front of tuk com

its between two computer shopps

i think one is called JJB, he is next door

its run by an Iranian guy , he has Thai girl that speaks good English and a tall Russian who also speaks good English

he has cameras in all sorts of things

he is good guy

i buy my car cameras from him and he has replaced on occasion those that have a problem with out squirming all over the place

on that subject car cameras with night vision like this one i bought from him are only 490 baht now!

first one i bought years ago was over 5000 baht from eBay and was sent from Hong Kong!

post-81023-0-15771300-1390296757_thumb.j

• Like 2

guys...

I need a *concealed* camera, i.e. hidden in some other object which will not scare the thief.

The phone idea... the thief will just pocket the phone and what then ??

I need something like an air freshener, a cd player/boombox, air purifier, lamp, clock, coffee machine... stuff like that, accessible by network and able to record HD.

The problem with those little cameras hidden everywhere it's that the quality of the images are rubbish....

As you made it clear that it needs to be hidden, then i would go this way, buy a standard small cctv set and cameras that will give you good quality images, then you need to put some wiring here and there to connect them all, drill a small hole on the ceiling and hide the camera there, or any other place that will give it a clear look to the area you want to monitor, or just modify any of the machines you have there already, as the big fat tv, computers, etc...

guys...

I need a *concealed* camera, i.e. hidden in some other object which will not scare the thief.

The phone idea... the thief will just pocket the phone and what then ??

I need something like an air freshener, a cd player/boombox, air purifier, lamp, clock, coffee machine... stuff like that, accessible by network and able to record HD.

if you put tracking software on the phone then you know where he is !

Just been in tukcom

The guy I use has HD in a clock

Two styles 2200 & 2500

3rd floor at the front

Next to JJB computers

check what they cost on Ebay to see if that is a decent price.....

you can also install iSpy on your computer and use a webcam

there's a few at 990 too but not HD

Does anybody knows where to buy professional streets cameras ? The ones that can record what happens at least at 50 meters or more from the camera ? I guess that they only have cheap things at TUKCOM ?

In Pantip and MBK there are guys who sell that kind of gear but have big cameras to capture the resolution, you want a pin hole camera setup. look for that.

• Like 1

Here is what my buddy does ,

He has one "in your face" camera with a blinking light , its hooked up but really its so they know there is a camera ,

but he also has a few smaller hidden cameras in case they cover, paint, destroy the "in your face" camera.

Most will not look for the 2nd camera in the same area,

you can also get an IP camera that sends a picture to your smart phone when motion is detected.

The problem with those little cameras hidden everywhere it's that the quality of the images are rubbish....

As you made it clear that it needs to be hidden, then i would go this way, buy a standard small cctv set and cameras that will give you good quality images, then you need to put some wiring here and there to connect them all, drill a small hole on the ceiling and hide the camera there, or any other place that will give it a clear look to the area you want to monitor, or just modify any of the machines you have there already, as the big fat tv, computers, etc...

I don't know about that. this one looks pretty good to me.