Need 8-10 Thai Massage Girls / Boys (for our Project here)!

leo51

I am extremely grateful to each one of you who chipped in with his / her inputs to my request here:

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/696845-i-need-guidance-to-set-up-barbecuethai-food-outlet/

On above, I am already in touch with Sunbelt and doing my ground work for a better understanding and a possible venture in coming times. Hope it works.

In the meanwhile, something has progressed in my country of work and which is Kazakhstan, (beautiful, modern City Almaty with a very European outlook to life and work culture, erstwhile part of Soviet Union).

Ever since I returned from Thailand, this idea was at the back of my mind that even if we open a Massage salon here, with genuine Thai masseurs, it surely would work out. Huge plus is, unlike many other countries, concept of massage and its benefits is very well known to an average citizen here.

One of my friend is setting up a restaurant here and has a spare floor to spare and its pretty ideal for me if I rent it and float an authentic Thai Massage salon.

What I need is, a set of 8-10 Thai Masseurs who can take care of the clients and train a few local masseurs too in art of Thai foot massage, Thai body massage, Oil massage etc. (I am not interested in offering any service of sexual nature and intend to keep it a neat and clean, professional service center).

Please help me with your knowledge and ideas:

1. How to source 8-10 Thai masseurs? Do I have to go back to Thailand and hunt around or some one specializes in outsourcing of human resources of desired nature from Thailand?

2. As I gathered at Pattaya, Bangkok and Krabi, a girl offering Thai massage services (no monkey business), earns anywhere between 5000 Bahts to 10000 Bahts a month, depending upon the place of operation, (salaries being more in Bangkok, less in Krabi). We surely will pay better apart from providing Housing option (8 masseurs could live in a 3 Bed room apartment or we would provide suitable living facilities at work place itself). Still your inputs about viable salaries and how to go about sourcing masseurs would help a lot.

3. Thai Nationals get a Visa on arrival here and with our contacts here, we would manage proper work permits for the masseurs who join us.

4. Our idea is to start with one unit but we do see good potential in this idea and see no reason why we should not be able to open additional outlets in future.

5. Renovation work of the premises is in full swing so I am talking of realtime frames here and its not a long term, something in mind stuff. In any case we need the masseurs from Thailand and sooner we started getting a clear idea of how to go about it, the better!

6. If some member friend here is already into Massage-spa / salon business in Thailand we could even join hands.

Look forward to your inputs and ideas.thumbsup.gif

Warm regards to all and thanks in advance! smile.png

Minimum wage in Thailand is 9000 B. A trained massuese should be on nearer 20K plus tips. Also they will get the health scheme here.

Not many Thais except in their first job or drunk or lazy sitting in an airconditioned shop on facebook earn 9000B , most minimum wage jobs are filled by Laos, Cambodian and Burmese. It maybe different in the boonies, but if they won't leave the boonies they won't leave the country.

Edited by arthurwait
  • Like 1

Minimum wage in Thailand is 9000 B a trainer massuese should be on nearer 20K plus tips. Also they will get the health scheme here.

Thanks Arthurwait!

I am not really looking for an expert-trainer...or well...may be one of the lot could be an experienced lady who could run the show with her experience.....

When in Bangkok, often I spoke with ladies offering Thai massage and foot massage and most said they make 7-8000 Bahts. But yes if they come out of country, obviously they should make more, otherwise why would they move out?

I actually had a figure of 500$ or around 15000 Bahts per person in mind so that they actually look forward to working here.

Give me some ideas on how to go about sourcing persons!

Some of my GF's staff in Phuket at the moment (high season) are earning over 30,000 bht if you include tips.

Thats interesting Old Croc.

Yours must be a high end Salon I am sure.

I went to quite a few simple massage shops in Krabi, and for sure the poor girls do not earn very high salaries there. My idea is to pick up the likes of those and offer them better salaries and life as compared to what I think they have there.

Minimum wage in Thailand is 9000 B a trainer massuese should be on nearer 20K plus tips. Also they will get the health scheme here.

Thanks Arthurwait!

I am not really looking for an expert-trainer...or well...may be one of the lot could be an experienced lady who could run the show with her experience.....

When in Bangkok, often I spoke with ladies offering Thai massage and foot massage and most said they make 7-8000 Bahts. But yes if they come out of country, obviously they should make more, otherwise why would they move out?

I actually had a figure of 500$ or around 15000 Bahts per person in mind so that they actually look forward to working here.

Sorry I typed that without concentrating. Should have been trained not trainer.

Some of my GF's staff in Phuket at the moment (high season) are earning over 30,000 bht if you include tips.

I went to quite a few simple massage shops in Krabi, and for sure the poor girls do not earn very high salaries there. My idea is to pick up the likes of those and offer them better salaries and life as compared to what I think they have there.

One of her shops is well located near the beach, but not high end. Prices are much the same as other shops in Patong.

They do seem to get a lot of the more expensive treatments, like oil massage and manicures, which bring in a higher wage for staff. And there are a lot of regulars who go to the same stretch of beach each time they visit and tip well. The staff do have one day off every week.

They're also very busy now with the extra tourists who are avoiding Bangkok.

• Like 1

You'll do OK in recruiting until one of them asks what the weather is like in Almaty in winter....w00t.gif

Trust me its brilliant WWW!!thumbsup.gif

Almaty is a beautiful city with absolutely clear-warm and sunny months between March-Mid November.......all 12 Months you see snow capped peaks all around and even though it snows between Mid November to Mid Feb, you don't feel a thing as all apartments, cars, malls, markets are centrally heated, one clothes adequately and its pleasant actually. All apartments have 24x7 supply of hot water, gas etc. Thailand's summer months are much harsher I would say! biggrin.png

Thanks Arthurwait!

They might not be telling you the truth, just hoping the soppy farang will give them a bigger tip after a sob story.

On your other post the girls could be earning a lot more than they look like depending how many family they have to support , how much whiskey they have to buy the husband or boyfriend or how much they gamble away..

Shopping centres have job advertising boards if you look around or advertise at the job centres/labour deopartments, they have boards , maybe websites.

Their must be recruitment agency websites as well. The wifes friends ex was a farang running one. Don't have contact now.

This site has a job vacancies section I think. Others like dealfish or pantip probably do as well.

• Like 1

You'll do OK in recruiting until one of them asks what the weather is like in Almaty in winter....w00t.gif

Trust me its brilliant WWW!!thumbsup.gif

Almaty is a beautiful city with absolutely clear-warm and sunny months between March-Mid November.......all 12 Months you see snow capped peaks all around and even though it snows between Mid November to Mid Feb, you don't feel a thing as all apartments, cars, malls, markets are centrally heated, one clothes adequately and its pleasant actually. All apartments have 24x7 supply of hot water, gas etc. Thailand's summer months are much harsher I would say! biggrin.png

Been there, done that, (many fond memories!) and you are correct that the scenery is nothing short of spectacular, particularly up near Chimbaluk, but it is bitterly cold there in winter.

Folks here break out the hats and mittens when it gets down to 22 degrees, and today in Almaty it is minus 1!

• Like 1

One of her shops is well located near the beach, but not high end. Prices are much the same as other shops in Patong.

They do seem to get a lot of the more expensive treatments, like oil massage and manicures, which bring in a higher wage for staff. And there are a lot of regulars who go to the same stretch of beach each time they visit and tip well. The staff do have one day off every week.

Old Croc...salary would not be the issue here.

How do I source 8-10 masseurs? Do you think I need to go back to Thailand again and directly speak to girls working in Massage shops? Or could it be done in a way where we pay a bit more but do not have the headache of how to get people, who to choose etc.?facepalm.gif

How do I source 8-10 masseurs? Do you think I need to go back to Thailand again and directly speak to girls working in Massage shops? Or could it be done in a way where we pay a bit more but do not have the headache of how to get people, who to choose etc.?facepalm.gif

Why not contact one of the massage schools in Bangkok and speak with one of the instructors? They could likely point you in the right direction and might even assist in recruitment.

• Like 1

Sounds like "people traffiking" to me.

If OP wants to set up a project like this, best come back to Thailand and set up from here.

Does the OP think Thai massagers will go willy-nilly to a foreign country to work with probably no guarantees of anything ?

Costs to begin with would be 10 return flights / 10 accommodations / food for 10, 3 times a day / ... and it seems the OP wants to skimp on returning here to set this "pie-in-the-sky" project up.

You amuse me!

In this age of globalization, your post intends to suggest specialities should be restricted to their places of origins!

If everyone thought the way you seem to be suggesting, no one would move offshore in search of better avenues and opportunities. Just to put that in right perspective, I am not a Kazakhstan National and have been an entrepreneur here for more than a decade now.

And how I wish, I was the pioneer in setting up this venture of authentic Thai massage salon here.

Fact is, someone already has one set up and running extremely successfully. 8 Thai women work in this salonclap2.gif :

http://pattaya.com.kz/

http://pattaya.com.kz/menu

Edited by leo51

Why not contact one of the massage schools in Bangkok and speak with one of the instructors? They could likely point you in the right direction and might even assist in recruitment.

I will WWW.

When I first made this post, my idea was some friend here could be himself running a Massage salon somewhere in Thailand and may be I could get some more ideas to help me streamline the future course of action. smile.png

OP, your topic title does bring up a ? for me. whistling.gif

Wonder why that would be?!? smile.png

4 months down the line at the max, I am determined to offer authentic Thai foot and body massage here! God willing, we will do it! thumbsup.gif