Two explosions rock Bangkok, Victory Monument and Rajvith Hospital

george

From a member 20 minutes ago:

Thai news reports bomb attack at Victory Monument.

An unknown man was seen throwing two bombs in to crowds of people. The protesters tried to apprehend the assailant but were shot at it.

Source was Nation TV.

More reason for the guards to be permitted to be armed.

Do people seriously expect the protesters to whistle at an armed attacker? I hope they get him and expose him for what he is.... A THAKSIN paid terrorist.

We expect them to stop trying to subvert democracy.

Suthep and his backers are more than capable of doing this. Perhaps explains why then never caught.... They don't want to catch them.

Only time any intervention was when it really was the reds and the police and army moved straigh in at cheang wattana

Oh, and there was I thinking that that was how all this mayhem came about - when Yingluck et al tried to do exactly that! w00t.gif

• Like 2

• Replies 520
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

An unknown man was seen throwing two bombs in to crowds of people. The protesters tried to apprehend the assailant but were shot at it.

Source was Nation TV.

Do people seriously expect the protesters to whistle at an armed attacker? I hope they get him and expose him for what he is.... A THAKSIN paid terrorist.

Really? If that turns out to be the case, then it is what it is. Otherwise, conjecture is pointless and a masturbatory exercise.

Thats my favorite kind of exercise!!!

WHAT !!! you say pointless???? if you don't have a point , don't follow through ..... no point

I think it is time that the military should takeover the security checkpoint to the protest site since the police is pretty ineffective in screening people coming and going. And the S.I.D. of the military should takeover the investigation for the bombing incident too. Would be much easier for the protester to accept military personnel than police at the protesting site. Sent from my GT-I9100T using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

That is for sure .. smart remark.

A grenade causes great injury are they getting mixed up with a bunch of firecrackers as the pictures do not give the resemblance of a grenade attack unless these are. Home made small devices to a cause minimum injury it is funny how the shin family are always accused when it comes to some sort of explosion. I hope the injured are okay and that the injuries are very minor I can only see the escalating I think we can say goodbye to the high season and the influx of tourists this year which will have an adverse effect on the Thai economy.

• Like 1

Source was Nation TV.

Suthep and his backers are more than capable of doing this. Perhaps explains why then never caught.... They don't want to catch them.

Only time any intervention was when it really was the reds and the police and army moved straigh in at cheang wattana

Just a humble opinion of mine.

Many should have agree that not all, but very high percentage of the RTP is supporting the Yingluck government or more directly is backing the TS regime. I'm not saying all these shootings/bombings definitely not done by the own anti-govt. But if people really doubt or believe these are actually created by Suthep and his co to gain sympathy/coup/protesters or whatever. Then why didn't the police strengthen up their force to catch the culprit?

Once they caught the culprit, everything is exposed. Pdrc is finish. That's it. Why didn't the police do it?? Unless this time they have bought by SUTHEP, not TS. Do you think the police has bought over by Suthep?

hmm..... I'm wondering...

The PDRC are not allowing the RTP to do security close to protest sites.

Source was Nation TV.

....There are real people out there protesting what they believe in and getting killed or seriously injured....
As I watch the live protests on TNN I noticed these people are dragging their children into the midst of the protests.

Every parent who takes a child into this mayhem should be arrested and jailed on child endangerment. This is just another example of how thoughtless and uncaring these people are for those whom they inconvenience or endanger, including their own families.

This thoughtless act alone shows the true colors of these protesters.

Sent from my tin can via string

Yes that's right arrest the parents who have taken their children on a protest rather than the scum intent on turning peaceful (if misguided) protests violent, arrest the parents rather than those attacking them and causing the mayhem you mention. Edited by Bluespunk
  • Like 2

I feel bad for anyone here who thinks an UNELECTED council to choose the government is a good idea. Name another country besides dictatorships that does this .... Sent from my SM-N900 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

sorry but gotta say it

Your posts make me think you were part of Kukla , Fran and Ollie

• Like 1

Source was Nation TV.

Really? If that turns out to be the case, then it is what it is. Otherwise, conjecture is pointless and a masturbatory exercise.

Thats my favorite kind of exercise!!!

WHAT !!! you say pointless???? if you don't have a point , don't follow through ..... no point

The point was pretty clear, but maybe you need help...ok here goes.

I was mocking your inflammatory "masturbatory exercise" comment by taking it a step further. I know that's hard to grasp, but most people probably think my comment was quite humorous, because your inflammatory language was just thread baiting.

• Like 1

I feel bad for anyone here who thinks an UNELECTED council to choose the government is a good idea. Name another country besides dictatorships that does this .... Sent from my SM-N900 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

sorry but gotta say it

Your posts make me think you were part of Kukla , Fran and Ollie

For those who don't understand that dated and obscure reference - here is some help - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kukla,_Fran_and_Ollie

• Like 1

Just a humble opinion of mine.

Many should have agree that not all, but very high percentage of the RTP is supporting the Yingluck government or more directly is backing the TS regime. I'm not saying all these shootings/bombings definitely not done by the own anti-govt. But if people really doubt or believe these are actually created by Suthep and his co to gain sympathy/coup/protesters or whatever. Then why didn't the police strengthen up their force to catch the culprit?

Once they caught the culprit, everything is exposed. Pdrc is finish. That's it. Why didn't the police do it?? Unless this time they have bought by SUTHEP, not TS. Do you think the police has bought over by Suthep?

hmm..... I'm wondering...

The PDRC are not allowing the RTP to do security close to protest sites.

And for good reason too. They are not trustworthy and they and the wonderful Capo tried to do their best to blame the protestors on the death of one policeman. That was after the lies about who was actually on the roof of the Labour Ministry roof.

Outside the protests how many have been arrested for the shooting at the Dem headquarters, Grenade at Abhisit residence, another explosive at Sukhumband's as well as shots, unexploded grenades and warnings at other protestors' homes?

None.

• Like 1

It is funny to see TV posters choosing sides, depending where their bar girls / chinese hisos are coming from.

When in reality this country is divided into violent muslims, violent red shirts and violent yellow shirts.

A few reasonable people here and there, but the majority is lacking common sense and lacking the will to settle disputes in a civilized way.

This statement is probably about as close to the truth as any I have seen on this issue thus far -

• Like 1