Thai students cry foul after 'forced to back Feb 2 poll'

webfact

"...school's director ... ordered them to stage a street rally in support of the February 2 election."

That's democracy eh? And how a/b making children carry RED flags when marching in "Scout" uniforms. And how a/b flying RED flags in schools in Isaan. I bet the RED Chinese love this ... soon - perhaps Thailand will be annexed by the Big Red One.

Oh dear. You haven't taken your pills today, have you?

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So let me get this straight - it's not ok for a school director in Ayyuthaya to do this, but it's ok for prestigious Bangkok Universities to do this? From December :-

Meanwhile, several leading universities in the capital are rallying students and alumni to support Mr Suthep's "final battle" push. Chulalongkorn University is calling on faculty members, students and alumni to meet on campus tomorrow morning before marching to Government House. It urged participants to wear pink, the university's colour.

Thammasat University community is also scheduled to gather at its Tha Prachan campus before marching to the Ratchadamnoen protest site. All participants have been advised to bring food, water and tear gas protection gear.

The business community in Silom, Asok, and Phetchaburi has also said it will join the Srinakharinwirot University community in an anti-government march tomorrow.

So...that's a-ok, right?

ordering

- and -

rallying

are two different things...

All those years ago when my daughter was studying i can assure everyone that as a parent i would have freaked out had she been ordered to do anything like this.

Unfortunately Thailand is chock full people who think they are a ' somebody ', that they can do and say whatever they want and that their orders must be obeyed without question.

Now, Question of The Day, what chance the school director will lose his job ? Please forgive me it;s still early morning and I'm not in my body yet.

That depends who his father is.

Students should not be allowed to protest for the government or the anti-government. I agree some action need to be taken against the administration here. I also see a brave man in the south stand up to those thugs. Saravudh Issarangura na Ayuthaya did the right thing in standing up against these thugs who try to intimidate people with bodily harm if they don't do what the thugs want.

Spitting on them was the right thing was it? One wonders how your Red Shirt hordes would have dealt with that...!!

• Like 1

Students should not be allowed to protest for the government or the anti-government. I agree some action need to be taken against the administration here. I also see a brave man in the south stand up to those thugs. Saravudh Issarangura na Ayuthaya did the right thing in standing up against these thugs who try to intimidate people with bodily harm if they don't do what the thugs want.

I cannot find a logical connection between these two incidents. I think its just nowhereman!

So let me get this straight - it's not ok for a school director in Ayyuthaya to do this, but it's ok for prestigious Bangkok Universities to do this? From December :-

Meanwhile, several leading universities in the capital are rallying students and alumni to support Mr Suthep's "final battle" push. Chulalongkorn University is calling on faculty members, students and alumni to meet on campus tomorrow morning before marching to Government House. It urged participants to wear pink, the university's colour.

Thammasat University community is also scheduled to gather at its Tha Prachan campus before marching to the Ratchadamnoen protest site. All participants have been advised to bring food, water and tear gas protection gear.

The business community in Silom, Asok, and Phetchaburi has also said it will join the Srinakharinwirot University community in an anti-government march tomorrow.

So...that's a-ok, right?

University students are not the same as school children, now are they.

Think about ti.

Highly suspicious the way Nation has written and is playing this incident. And whistle packing children students? No doubt the little dullards needed some exposure to Respect My Vote. It was a pro-election rally, get out the vote, but of course in the minds of many who will lose at the polls if the Feb 2 election takes place they're unable to make the distinction and a pro election rally is tantamount to supporting the government. Tricky bit if you're a fascist and the political system in the country requires democratic elections.

• Like 1

Highly suspicious the way Nation has written and is playing this incident. And whistle packing children students? No doubt the little dullards needed some exposure to Respect My Vote. It was a pro-election rally, get out the vote, but of course in the minds of many who will lose at the polls if the Feb 2 election takes place they're unable to make the distinction and a pro election rally is tantamount to supporting the government. Tricky bit if you're a fascist and the political system in the country requires democratic elections.

Nonsense. There is only one group supporting the election ordered for 2nd Feb.

Read the OP carefully. See what the children were actually ordered to do.

Here in Surat the Yellow & Suthep Mob forced all schools to be closed from today. Even in the country side. I see it with my own eyes cause live near a primary school.

Forcing a school to close is different than forcing the students to protest.

Naturally they're different. And naturally if both stories are true both of them are completely unacceptable and abhorrent to any right thinking individual.

Edited by mca

NOT TRUE that there is only one group. There are 35 'groups' registered to run for election and reported on this site yesterday that they are supporting the Feb 2 election poll.

There is one group, the collective PDRC/Democrat/NSPRT, that opposes the election. The group with a vested interest in closing it down because knows it cannot win in the election. Can only hope to win by blocking ballots, blocking polls, blocking candidates from running, blocking streets in Bangkok and lying to Thais that they have an alternative solution.

Read the Nation report carefully and be highly suspicious of what they're saying and how they're racing this story.

NOT TRUE that there is only one group. There are 35 'groups' registered to run for election and reported on this site yesterday that they are supporting the Feb 2 election poll.

There is one group, the collective PDRC/Democrat/NSPRT, that opposes the election. The group with a vested interest in closing it down because knows it cannot win in the election. Can only hope to win by blocking ballots, blocking polls, blocking candidates from running, blocking streets in Bangkok and lying to Thais that they have an alternative solution.

Read the Nation report carefully and be highly suspicious of what they're saying and how they're racing this story.

There are 35 political parties for the election before reform. They still want a clear reform policy laid out which hasn't been forthcoming. There are 3 parties who want reforms BEFORE an election. The facts!

Sent from my XT1032 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

There are 35 political parties for the election before reform. They still want a clear reform policy laid out which hasn't been forthcoming. There are 3 parties who want reforms BEFORE an election. The facts!

Prove it.

The first (and probably last) time I find myself agreeing with you on an issue!!!

Prove it.

Prove what? It was in the article about the topic.

The first (and probably last) time I find myself agreeing with you on an issue!!!

I think students should be allowed to protest (for or against) if they want... But then most of these kids aren't used to the concept of thinking for themselves, hopefully that is changing for the better ??

It seems that this was because of an EC request!!!! Sent from my XT1032 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

What is this!!! Come on, give us a clue.

In the news section ..

RT @tulsathit: Director of the Ayuthayawittayalai school told disgruntled students this morning a pro-election activity was due to EC's request.

It seems that this was because of an EC request!!!! Sent from my XT1032 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

In the news section ..

RT @tulsathit: Director of the Ayuthayawittayalai school told disgruntled students this morning a pro-election activity was due to EC's request.

Yeh Right!!! and you believe that?

The EC have done everything in their power to have the elections postponed so why would they order a school director to force the students in his school to protest for an election!!

Does this seem right to you?

Maybe the school director is a rampant red and he is coercing his minions to support Yingluck - seems much more plausible!!!

I love this story of the children's mutiny that never was, saved from the brink of catastrophe of self-expression and averted at the last possible minute by the brave intervention of the police ( ! ) in order to restore political conformity once again to our children. It would be enough to cause George Orwell's eyes to weep. As if it isn't bad enough that the rice farmers are becoming wise, now the children have the impudence to deign to aspire to the heights of knowledge held by their " superiors ". Yes, the police came to the rescue to stop that nasty development. The students did indeed take part, holding the placards the administration wanted them to hold. They now know their place. Because it's democracy. It's democracy Thida-style. And people are so happy, you see. They really are.

• Like 1

In the news section ..

Yeh Right!!! and you believe that?

The EC have done everything in their power to have the elections postponed so why would they order a school director to force the students in his school to protest for an election!!

Does this seem right to you?

Maybe the school director is a rampant red and he is coercing his minions to support Yingluck - seems much more plausible!!!

Steve. To be honest .. nothing seems right .. I think the kids should get all the adults together and give them a slap around the head (NCIS style)

And tell them to start working for the country. Tell them they are not in Anuban (kindergarten) any more.

It is a foul thing to do, to spit on people. Disgusting.
Slightly better then covering up CCTV cameras and then hand grenades exploding.. I go for the spitting anytime. And in case people are unawares as to what spitting at someone means in Thailand, it is to show the greatest of contempt, disrespect without engaging in physical violence. And the rest of the Thai people who spit on a daily basis I guess must be disgusting as well. No, simply a culturally excepted thing to do.

Sent from my i-mobile i-STYLE 8.2 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

So...that's a-ok, right?

Of course.. they are FREE to attend.. not FORCED

I knew this was a problem for RED democracy, big example are the RED villages.

If these students were forced to join then it is just as wrong.. but they were not.