Farmers lodging lawsuit against Thai govt for failed payment

webfact

I suggest you substantiate the accusation that "this particular former government has a track record of not respecting court decisions it doesn't like."

How about saying they wouldn't recognize certain rulings from the constitutional court for starters. I'm sure you can research the rest if you are interested.

Governments must lead by example, follow the rules and procedures and respect the law and courts. If there are laws that need changing then the government of the day must change them in accordance with the correct procedures, not simply disagree. A government and its members are not above the law.

I researched. The government did not at any time rejected court ruling. If you still have the track record to prove otherwise, please share with us. I hope the judges respect the law and not violating the rights of the lawmakers. A court is not a law making body. They should make ruling based on evidence and justice - not interpreting law in making their law, conjecture, personal opinions, speculation, their dreams.

You didn't really research then.

The government has said more than once 'If we don't get the result we want then we won't accept it' or have even said 'We don't recognize the authority of the court whatever they say' before the court has even ruled. And when they get a ruling they don't like the reds are sent in to threaten to kidnap the judges and the PT cronies threaten the judges.

I think this is the right thing to do - suing the Government for non-payment instead of using street thugs to resolve your grievances. However, I think they should exercise care in not falling prey to politicians whose aim is trying to use them to achieve the objective of seizing power through undemocratic means.

Since Thailand DOESN'T have democracy in the first place your argument is specious at best. If the current administration of criminals is ousted then there is a slim chance Thailand may creep closer to really having semblance of true democracy...

Please substantiate your remark "....the current administration of criminals...." BTW, you comment is totally irrelevant to what I wrote.

Edited by icommunity

I suggest you substantiate the accusation that "this particular former government has a track record of not respecting court decisions it doesn't like."

How about saying they wouldn't recognize certain rulings from the constitutional court for starters. I'm sure you can research the rest if you are interested.

Governments must lead by example, follow the rules and procedures and respect the law and courts. If there are laws that need changing then the government of the day must change them in accordance with the correct procedures, not simply disagree. A government and its members are not above the law.

I researched. The government did not at any time rejected court ruling. If you still have the track record to prove otherwise, please share with us. I hope the judges respect the law and not violating the rights of the lawmakers. A court is not a law making body. They should make ruling based on evidence and justice - not interpreting law in making their law, conjecture, personal opinions, speculation, their dreams.

The government has said more than once 'If we don't get the result we want then we won't accept it' or have even said 'We don't recognize the authority of the court whatever they say' before the court has even ruled. And when they get a ruling they don't like the reds are sent in to threaten to kidnap the judges and the PT cronies threaten the judges.

The government said that? You must be joking.

"And when they get a ruling they don't like the reds are sent in to threaten to kidnap the judges and the PT cronies threaten the judges."

Any proof that the government did all that?

check the events carefully before you manufacture lies against the government who has been very patience, tolerance, unprovoked, by all baseless, unsubstantiated accusations.

Edited by icommunity

noikrit, on 21 Jan 2014 - 17:57, said:

Good Luck !!! whistling.gif I wonder if anyone has the break up of what areas/ provinces that have been paid and the areas that have not been paid in relation to being a PTP support area or not ???? ...... Civil question ..... Has anyone got any FACTS on that ??? or is it just random ??? .... coffee1.gif

A very good question and rightly so

Good Luck !!! whistling.gif I wonder if anyone has the break up of what areas/ provinces that have been paid and the areas that have not been paid in relation to being a PTP support area or not ???? ...... Civil question ..... Has anyone got any FACTS on that ??? or is it just random ??? .... coffee1.gif

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_MPs_elected_in_the_Thai_general_election,_2011

WOW! The party affiliation follows the physical location to an AMAZINGLY ACCURATE DEGREE!

I think this is the right thing to do - suing the Government for non-payment instead of using street thugs to resolve your grievances. However, I think they should exercise care in not falling prey to politicians whose aim is trying to use them to achieve the objective of seizing power through undemocratic means.

Since Thailand DOESN'T have democracy in the first place your argument is specious at best. If the current administration of criminals is ousted then there is a slim chance Thailand may creep closer to really having semblance of true democracy...

Please substantiate your remark "....the current administration of criminals...." BTW, you comment is totally irrelevant to what I wrote.

BTW, you are totally irrelevant cheesy.gif

The government said that? You must be joking.

"And when they get a ruling they don't like the reds are sent in to threaten to kidnap the judges and the PT cronies threaten the judges."

Any proof that the government did all that?

check the events carefully before you manufacture lies against the government who has been very patience, tolerance, unprovoked, by all baseless, unsubstantiated accusations.

Why don't you try using google instead of spouting your crap and try to educate yourself ? There are many news reports for example : http://m.bangkokpost.com/topstories/347230

check the events carefully before you manufacture lies about the government who has been very patience ( NOT ), tolerance ( NOT ), unprovoked ( NOT ), by all baseless ( NOT ), unsubstantiated accusations ( NOT )

Right back at you. The only ones lieing here are the red addled fugitive's fan boy sheeple. Some of us can actually see through the bs propaganda and know what is really going on. thumbsup.gif

BTW, you are totally irrelevant cheesy.gif

Is that the best you can? Retaliation.

To tingtongteesood post #37

Why don't you try using google instead of spouting your crap and try to educate yourself ? There are many news reports for example : http://m.bangkokpost.com/topstories/347230

e events carefully before you manufacture lies about the government who has been very patience ( NOT ), tolerance ( NOT ), unprovoked ( NOT ), by all baseless ( NOT ), unsubstantiated accusations ( NOT )

Right back at you. The only ones lieing here are the red addled fugitive's fan boy sheeple. Some of us can actually see through the bs propaganda and know what is really going on. thumbsup.gif

My reply

Wow, another lie to cover lies. The link you post does not even mention the word government. BTW, I read also MP wanted to impeach the judges. I guess the appointed Senators (the group of 40) will not vote against them because they appoint each other.

wow, such dictatorial, hooligan attitude.

Sorry, your post likely to be removed soon. Bangkokpost does not allowed you to post their link.

Edited by icommunity

The unfortunate thing here is... these same farmers would be perfectly happy if the current government continued pillaging the country's finances, that being the finances of all Thai people -- if they could -- to continue paying inflated prices for their rice.

But sometimes, what's good for particular groups or individuals isn't necessarily good for the larger population or country. This is certainly one of those cases.

You kind of have to wonder how these farmers ever thought the government was going to be able to continue paying them inflated prices for their rice when the government never could turn around and sell that same rice in the open market for those same kinds of prices. But I guess in this sad story, the farmers didn't ponder that question too deeply.

My wife owns paddy that she rents out and father in law still grows his own rice. Both are Democrat supporters btw.

Wifey initially had no idea when the rice scheme was introduced what it was all about. Not surprising really as she collects rent so gets paid whatever.

Talking with fil he knew the scheme was bogus but 2 or 3k bht extra per tonne is hard to resist so he takes part. Regrets it now of course as he is still waiting after 3 months.

In our village we talk with the other farmers and their views are interesting to say the least.

Thai rice is the best in the world so should cost more and they should be paid more. Nobody believes me when I gently suggest Cambodian rice is the same and Vietnamese farmers produce alot more per rai which makes their rice cheaper.

There doesn't seem any grasp of economic reality which doesn't bode well for the future.

People are still ploughing up sugar cane fields here and swap to rice as they believe PT will win the upcoming election and continue the scheme.

Edited by edwinchester