HUAY-YAI - Plot of 1 Rai approx. Price?

moonseeker

Hi folks:

Anybody online who could give me an idea about land values in the Huay-Yai area. Along main road, preferably in the upper third, after the small residential development on the left. Looking for a build-able, filled already plot of about 1 Rai. Either on main stretch or just slightly back. I am getting all kinds off offers 300%

apart for seemingly the same type of land. Could anybody enlighten me on a fair market price in that area for 1 Rai or maybe have some links online.Thank you very much. MS>

"I am getting all kinds off offers 300% apart for seemingly the same type of land."

Welcome to the exciting world of Thai property. You have to remember that putting things up for sale speculatively at absurdly inflated prices is a national pastime here, and there are plenty of farangs who seem to enjoy playing the same game also. What you are experiencing is the result of this. If you want to find the real value of something, find someone who really wants to sell/buy and isn't just speculating. Good luck.

Personally it's not my idea of enjoyment at all.

• Like 1

We looked for 40 days 2 years ago & found the average price to be 2-4 million a rai. Ludicrous but the properties we didn't buy were picked up shortly after for the asking prices. Most were actually worth no more than 1.5 million on their best day. By now it has probably gone up. You really have to watch what you buy there lots of low swampy areas that need to be built up. One 2 nagn plot we looked at was 115,000 baht to fill up & I suspect it might have still been prone to flooding even with raising the land. Bang Saray to me is a much better buy.... But the prices are now similar & going up.

Good luck on your search. Best if you have a Thai girl take her with & travel the areas you are interested in & have her try to negotiate the price to liking. Good luck!

Price difference of 300% in same neighborhood absolutely possible. It depends on quality of "Land-Paper". In Thailand, there are at least 4 different "land-titles".

Ranging from "Chanote" (First class title) all the way down to 4th or 5th grade, basically consisting of the value of a roll of toilet paper.

Anything below "Chanote" = Forget it, no matter what GF says.

And once more: Farang can not own land in Thailand. He can only pay for it.biggrin.png

Cheers.

We looked for 40 days 2 years ago & found the average price to be 2-4 million a rai. Ludicrous but the properties we didn't buy were picked up shortly after for the asking prices. Most were actually worth no more than 1.5 million on their best day. By now it has probably gone up. You really have to watch what you buy there lots of low swampy areas that need to be built up. One 2 nagn plot we looked at was 115,000 baht to fill up & I suspect it might have still been prone to flooding even with raising the land. Bang Saray to me is a much better buy.... But the prices are now similar & going up.

Good luck on your search. Best if you have a Thai girl take her with & travel the areas you are interested in & have her try to negotiate the price to liking. Good luck!

there lots of low swampy areas that need to be built up.

The Thai name of the area gives a clue as to what to expect.

• Like 1