Suthep vows to carry on protests peacefully in defiance of emergency decree

webfact

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It was pretty obvious a few weeks ago that they didn't have wide support. That point was made very clear when they started lying about the number of protesters, trying to turn 75000 into 6 million.

I was there and you are a liar, there enough air pictures you can count by yourself...bah.gif

Yes, I am Hannibal Lecter posing an an interested party in Thai politics. You got me.
  • Like 1

Peacefully? He just said that he will show down air traffic control:

RT @fratticcioli: RT @PravitR: #Suthep vow 2 shutdown all air traffic in #Thailand by taking over #AeroThai which control air signal tomorrow.

How will he explain if 2 passenger jets collide over Thai airspace?

Love your avatar. "Respect my vote" What about post election democratic principles. Agree with them as well?

If so what have the PTP done "post ballot box" to highlight they are truly democratic?

You have me thinking about changing my avatar to "Respect my adherence to ALL the principles of democracy instead of allowing elections to open a gateway to abuse all the other principles"

Can't use that avatar though as it is too long. It won't be seen. Does not change the fact it is pertinent even if it won't be seen.

None of which allows you to overthrow an elected government or derail new elections. Be as angry as you like with a government - the system offers you a valid path to express that. Anything else is dictatorial and unacceptable in a nation that has aspirations to democracy.

So I repeat, what have the PTP done "post ballot box" to highlight they are truly democratic?

POST BALLOT BOX.

Come on. One, just one. Only one principle they have adhered too.

• Like 2

It was pretty obvious a few weeks ago that they didn't have wide support. That point was made very clear when they started lying about the number of protesters, trying to turn 75000 into 6 million.

I was there and you are a liar, there enough air pictures you can count by yourself...bah.gif

Yes, I am Hannibal Lecter posing an an interested party in Thai politics. You got me.

Sorry, but Hannibal Lecter had a high IQ, and he dont lie...tongue.png

• Like 1

Hahaha. Poor old spirit47 trying to convince himself that he was part of 6 million! The population of Bangkok is 6 million. Jeez!

• Like 2

Sorry, but Hannibal Lecter had a high IQ, and he dont lie...tongue.png

I'm smelling something, Clarice

• Like 1

I said independent sources .There were never anything like 350,000.

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect Thailand

What do you consider independent?

Easier to identify those not independent,namely local media outlets and individuals with an axe to grind and no particular attachment to honesty.

Foreign reporters with no dog in the fight provided estimates in region 75,000 to 150,000.

As earlier noted it was a huge crowd and perhaps after current drop off might get larger again after ill considered SOE.

So why lie?

many were intimidated with threats to abandon their posts so nothing peaceful about them. as peaceful as Hitlers brownshirts .as with the candidates threatened on the phone not to turn up or face the horrible consequences to their family

Hats off to those who did something to stop this country being reduced to government by thieves and thugs.

exactly! the government who defended free and fair elections need support like this - well done! go home 'thieves and thugs'!!! Respect The People's Vote

thanks for this post

• Like 2

jackrich's signature says it all:

"But if they violate the laws, such as blocking roads and intruding into government offices, we will have to disperse the protesters,"
- Deputy Prime Minister Suthep Thaugsuban (March 13, 2010)

I was there too and the pictures show nothing like the 6m claimed. Really, if Suthep can't be relied upon to tell the truth about a little thing like the numbers, how on earth can anyone be gullible enough to think his council is a step towards a democratic Thailand. No matter how many the number are, the fact is you've been perfectly scammed by an old fashioned political conman who sees himself as the next Thaksin.

Ok, about the 6 million Im sceptic too, and agree, thats poor if the dont tell truth. But I know what I count by myself, than 3 million for me a real number. But to say 75.000 is nonsens...

And fact is, that I wonder how poor people realy thinking that Taksin is on their side, I hate politicans using and manipulating people for their own interest. I like the style of Suthep, and I know what he done in the past. But in the moment, hes the right man at the right time, Taksin was one step far from full control!

Kicking the Taksim-regime away is a first step. I can not look in the future, we will see. And Im not the only one who believes that a man can change, and Suthep look like he do. Thats the most important challenge, a man can have. wai2.gif

6 Million sounds too many. But it was definitely more than 75.000 surely somewhere between 500.000 and 5.000.000. There are the videos made from the air and all streets, places, sois were packed full with people on 7 places.

All our staff went there and just 2 customer called that day as most of our frequent customer closed office or had just emergency staff there (1-2 people).

Think it is called the normal Bangkok population taking their lunch break....

Sent from my i-mobile i-STYLE 8.2 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

You continually make wild statements never backed with any intelligent support and each time proverbial (we) I feel you really need to go home and seek Psychiatric help fast! Meds are too expensive on your pension here!

You sit and write here all day. You make stupid assertions. you obviously have one thai friend maybe from the local bar but if you mixed with THAI people and had FRIENDS in the Thai community you would hear what MANY all over the country are stating - THEY HAVE HAD ENOUGH and support Suthep even though they know he is a rogue himself but he is starting a fight the THAI people want because they have had enough of being made look like fools over a supposed DEMOCRACY when it is a DICTATORSHIP of the SHin clans - and the people KNOW it but you cannot see past your coke bottle glasses.

OMG you should just get a real life before what you have left expires!

Many thanks for your kind concern. I don't need to go home. My interests in Thailand and elsewhere keep me quite busy. My view of Thailand may be a bit blinkered but not through the prism of a bar friend or coke bottle glasses, but through association with (now mostly retired) Thai professionals, most of whom find great hilarity in the presumption that they would back the democrats. They don't. They use unusually direct and vulgar language on the subject. The thing they find most amusing is the suggestion that eradication of Shin Corp would result in change for the better. They laugh long and loud about that.

However, we might be getting old and crusty and not seeing new thinking. I should be paying more attention to the beer heiress and the lawyer writing to Obama....the dems would have us believe they are the future.

I don't think those last people you mention are the future! Probably Thaksin was the closest we have had to 'the future'. He made democratic change irreversible. I guess the change of attitude that he introduced is the main reason that he is so hated by the establishment and the reason that the Army doesn't step in now, because they know that the NE would never stand for it. I'd suggest that it might just be a matter of time now before this country comes into the modern world and rejects medievalism. Most business people have probably made the move to the new thinking already. The remnants of the old thinking are often embodied in old crocks like Suthep with his mantra of 'give up your vote'. I can't believe that the new generation of Thais will want to condemn their country forever to be the laughing stock of the world.

Don't get to angry now lilac. Posts that the proverbial we so to speak have been short, concise, and to the point. Which suggests to we (me) that a certain person is well educated, informed, and indeed entrenched in Thailand through business ties or other means. Opinions are like an anus, we all have one and all let out hot air from time to time. Let us all have our say with out denigrating yourself in the process. The flowerpot is not looking to well today.

Sent from my i-mobile i-STYLE 8.2 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

coerced state officials and businessmen to blow whistles at other people ... scandalous, they should be shot on sight ...

Sound like something PT leader would say. Violence is all they know and all you will ever know. Democracy will guard the rest of the citizens from people of your believe.

I don't think those last people you mention are the future! Probably Thaksin was the closest we have had to 'the future'. He made democratic change irreversible. I guess the change of attitude that he introduced is the main reason that he is so hated by the establishment and the reason that the Army doesn't step in now, because they know that the NE would never stand for it. I'd suggest that it might just be a matter of time now before this country comes into the modern world and rejects medievalism. Most business people have probably made the move to the new thinking already. The remnants of the old thinking are often embodied in old crocks like Suthep with his mantra of 'give up your vote'. I can't believe that the new generation of Thais will want to condemn their country forever to be the laughing stock of the world.

Thaksin embodies corruption, that is not where Thailand wants to head towards. He had the right idea of helping the poor, but it was actually a smoke screen to steal under the honor of helping those in need. Just because someone helps an old lady across the street, doesn't mean that they have the permission to rob her once they are on the other side. But he is a poster child for corruption though. So he actually did Thailand a favor and brought to light what good citizenship should be in a democracy. Now people are more aware what democracy is and that it is easily lost if they don't take care for it.

Your comment about laughing stock? I think that is why people came out in droves. To avoid making Thailand more of a laughing stock of the world then it is currently is.

• A country taking orders and advice from a convicted criminal. A fugitive from the law.
  • A country that aides convicted criminal by providing him a passport.
  • A country that allows government to break laws by illegally amending the constitution.
  • A country that think it can control price of rice in a free market.
  • A country that don't even know how to manage the policies (rice, tablet, etc)
  • A country that allows government to do anything they want without transparency or accountability.
  • A country that has a police force that can not even do policing of the law and the corrupt politicians.
  • A country that where government ignore the rule of law.
  • A country that has PM that never knows the answer to anything accept "I came from Election"

There are more I am sure people can add to the list of the already "Laughing stock of the world". Thailand will not allow this administration to make it a worst laughing stock then it is.

• Like 1

coerced state officials and businessmen to blow whistles at other people ... scandalous, they should be shot on sight ...

Sound like something PT leader would say. Violence is all they know and all you will ever know. Democracy will guard the rest of the citizens from people of your believe.

Just to clarify, it was sarcasm ...

Suthep is only the front man, highly protected. He's going no-where until the Shins are off stage.

Curious - by whom is he highly protected?
VERY VERY high.

Might be going into some dangerous territory there

Easier to identify those not independent,namely local media outlets and individuals with an axe to grind and no particular attachment to honesty.

Foreign reporters with no dog in the fight provided estimates in region 75,000 to 150,000.

As earlier noted it was a huge crowd and perhaps after current drop off might get larger again after ill considered SOE.

So why lie?

Foreign reporters usually get their detail from other internal sources.

As I said, it was an analytical description of the size of the crowd. Maybe you should actually read the article before you accuse the Bangkok Post of lying.

So why lie?

Another lie

Another lie

Are you suggesting that all foreign reporters go out and count everyone, or do they go to every protest location and estimate?

I noticed that you took the effort to take out my suggestion to read the article before calling anyone a liar.

Another lie

Are you suggesting that all foreign reporters go out and count everyone, or do they go to every protest location and estimate?

I noticed that you took the effort to take out my suggestion to read the article before calling anyone a liar.

If you want to believe the crowds were in high hundreds of thousands or millions you are at liberty to do so.I note you can't quite bring it on yourself to state it openly, preferring to rely on silly questions

Not every foreign reporter counts every protester.They make rough estimates based on experience.No serious source came up with a figure of more than 200000 at the highest point.

What you forget is that foreign reporters have (unlike you) have no allegiance to one party or the other.They don't care whether the crowd is large or small.

I omitted your Bangkok Post reference because I wasn't responding to it.No link was provided for the usual reasons and you made no effort to summarise the content.Finally the BP as a partisan paper (occasional guest opinion pieces apart) is not reliable on matters like this anyway.

• Like 2

If you want to believe the crowds were in high hundreds of thousands or millions you are at liberty to do so.I note you can't quite bring it on yourself to state it openly, preferring to rely on silly questions

Not every foreign reporter counts every protester.They make rough estimates based on experience.No serious source came up with a figure of more than 200000 at the highest point.

What you forget is that foreign reporters have (unlike you) have no allegiance to one party or the other.They don't care whether the crowd is large or small.

I omitted your Bangkok Post reference because I wasn't responding to it.No link was provided for the usual reasons and you made no effort to summarise the content.Finally the BP as a partisan paper (occasional guest opinion pieces apart) is not reliable on matters like this anyway.

I gave you the title of the article. Don't you know how to search?

You accuse people of lying because they mention an article that says there were 350,000? And you do that without even bothering reading the article?

That says a hell of a lot about you!