How will this "state of emergency" affect the average joe?

jackspade

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

What time is the CURFEW?

I dont think they have initiated a curfew yet.

Roll on the curfews. There were some fantastic parties at that bar area near Queen's Park Hotel on Sukhumvit soi 22 . . . if you didn't get caught on your way there at 2am

last time the curfew wasn't really enforced.

"A lot of the 7-11s were looted"...oh, REALLY? A LOT of them? In Thailand, where there's a 7-11 on pretty much every corner (literally, sometimes they're pretty much across the street from each other)? Thailand, the country with the 3rd most 7-11s (I think that's the statistic) of any country on earth?

NO. "A lot" of them were not looted. Maybe 2-3 located right in the midst of the worst of the burning (across from Central World? I'm guessing here...)...but no. For the most part, your friend is LYING.

The looters better bring big big lunches in case they want to loot ALL 7/11 branches and a few hundred years of spare time.

When do I need to start stocking up on 2-gallon water jugs, canned tuna and buy a rice-cooker?

Two gallon water jugs are not available in Thailand, they use the metric system!

I feel sorry for you if you buy canned fish of any type, any time!

If you don't already have a rice cooker, how do you cook your rice? You should buy one, they actually work!

I did a lamb shank in mine on Sunday - buy a rice cooker whatever happens.

if it gets to the stage where you need your own rice cooker i think you would have left long ago.

what will you notice? you might see one or two army type characters lounging about where you dont normally see them . else you wont see/notice any difference.

Edited by shrodingers kat

I can report that makro Lamphun was totally out of Schweppes (Ginger Ale, Tonic). Furthermore almost no coconut milk, any size, any brand. That was Monday.

Today at BigC Extra CM, the dairy department looked pretty sad. Lots of gaps.

Not much impact, the government will still allow protests and not restrict much else for fear of a military coup. The war will slowing escalate more regardless. The SOE in itself will not determine how safe or unsafe Thailand is.