MFA: Emergency decree enforcement not aimed at dispersing protests

webfact

MFA: Emergency decree enforcement not aimed at dispersing protests

BANGKOK: -- The Foreign Affairs Ministry has assured foreign dignitaries in Thailand that the invocation of the emergency decree is not aimed at cracking down on protesters and will not inflame violence.

Permanent Secretary to the Ministry Sihasak Puangketkaew held a meeting with 31 diplomats from 73 countries on Wednesday, clarifying the reason behind Tuesday’s announcement of the decree enforcement.

He said the Center for the Administration of Peace and Order had proposed that the government invoke the decree to better deal with the ongoing disorder.

Mr Sihasak confirmed that the state of emergency rule was not aimed at banning public gatherings or dispersing anti-government protesters. The government had to impose the decree as a pre-emptive measure in the event of violence escalation in the future.

There will be no censorship of media or setting up of curfews, said the permanent secretary.

He added that the Thai government would continue to handle the situation in a peaceful manner and there would be no use of force in coping with the protests.

nntlogo.jpg
-- NNT 2014-01-22 footer_n.gif

Permanent Secretary to the Ministry Sihasak Puangketkaew held a meeting with 31 diplomats from 73 countries on Wednesday, clarifying the reason behind Tuesday’s announcement of the decree enforcement.

31 diplomats from 73 countries .... what is wrong with these figures. I guess all diplomats had double and some even triple nationality :/

These are figures from TAT

• Like 1

31 diplomats from 73 countries .... what is wrong with these figures. I guess all diplomats had double and some even triple nationality :/

Thai version of algebra

facepalm.gif ... cheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gif ... tearfully bad reporting...

so the SOE is a procedural scam so that the government can reclaim some powers it lost when it became a mere caretaker government. facepalm.gif TIT

Breaking news

Khvn Truefax a person for the opposition said there were 6 million

Maybe one British diplomat counts for the entire Commonwealth?

• Like 1

After reading the OP several times, I still don't get it!

Can someone please explain to me, why the emergency decree was put in place, if it is not going to be used for anything??whistling.gif

To scare away the last tourists, that Thailand so badly need??

OR?

• Like 2

Thai version of algebra

Only 31 Countries out of 73, want to talk to them? Just a question wink.pngwai2.gif

After reading the OP several times, I still don't get it!

Can someone please explain to me, why the emergency decree was put in place, if it is not going to be used for anything??whistling.gif

To scare away the last tourists, that Thailand so badly need??

OR?

Because someone wants to plug in the bat phone ... yknow the red on with the little flashing bulb.

I mean whats the point of having all these laws to ignore if you dont cite them occasionally ?

Edited by englishoak

Thai version of algebra

Orange + cube = Wednesday. It's not Thai Algebra, this is Arhythmic - atic.

Can we expect the next step in this 'whip around dance' is declare martil law, without military involvment? That shoulkd be good for another general director, a chairperson,and head gopher.

One thing that is real is the mobil cabinet meeting concept that PTP is/was so proud of, but now it applies to the offices of the government in Bangkok and a few of the proviences. At least the protesters have left an escape route open for the subjects of their attention. So far.

Maybe one British diplomat counts for the entire Commonwealth?

And a damn good job as you can't trust those bloody colonial chappies and pesky fuzzy wuzzies eh what old bean? Shifty blighters, cads, scoundrels, oiks and rotters the lot of 'em! biggrin.png

C'mon, you know what this government is like with numbers!!!

Here's an example - if you go into a shop and buy 2 objects that cost 10 baht each they reach for a calculator and input 2 x 10 = 20.

That's yee sib baht kob khun ka!! Honest!!

• Like 1

Breaking news: it is opposite day, or Pinocchio's birthday.

You are on to something there.

Wise words are that the SOE was meant to be very vague as it got all the Yellow mobs and leaders in a panic and they had to spend time discussing it, plotting what to do about it and responding to things that they didn't know were in place.

Great move from the Government is was. They'll clarify it as required, to people who will understand it.

It also outed some more allies of Suthep in NBTC and EC, CC talking about ruling on it and Humanrights watch. They all came out on cue and bleated the same thing. So more evidence of collusion on the Courts, regulatory bodies and NGO's Bet they wish they had kept quiet now.

With this, Yingluk has painted a picture of her being under seige from old school moneyed elitists... which most people outside of Thai media believe. Not all... most!

Very sensible move to get it in place whilst the going was good. If violence levels increase there could have been hope from the army side that a coup could be pulled off and they would not have gone with it.

The more vague the better then. and PDRC and their troops have had something else on their plate to deal with!!!! Kept Suthep off the streets for a day to try and work out what it means... He never will though, he till thinks it is 1970 and his Army friends will walk in to save the day... Or this new found Naval know-all friend of his who sees Cambodians everywhere he goes.

Edited by pipkins
  • Like 2

Quote: "Mr Sihasak confirmed that the state of emergency rule was not aimed at banning public gatherings or dispersing anti-government protesters. The government had to impose the decree as a pre-emptive measure in the event of violence escalation in the future.

There will be no censorship of media or setting up of curfews, said the permanent secretary.

He added that the Thai government would continue to handle the situation in a peaceful manner and there would be no use of force in coping with the protests."

So why invoke the emergency decree? Perhaps to stop the farmers coming to Bkk and joining the protests?

Wise words are that the SOE was meant to be very vague as it got all the Yellow mobs and leaders in a panic and they had to spend time discussing it, plotting what to do about it and responding to things that they didn't know were in place.

Great move from the Government is was. They'll clarify it as required, to people who will understand it.

It also outed some more allies of Suthep in NBTC and EC, CC talking about ruling on it and Humanrights watch. They all came out on cue and bleated the same thing. So more evidence of collusion on the Courts, regulatory bodies and NGO's Bet they wish they had kept quiet now.

With this, Yingluk has painted a picture of her being under seige from old school moneyed elitists... which most people outside of Thai media believe. Not all... most!

Very sensible move to get it in place whilst the going was good. If violence levels increase there could have been hope from the army side that a coup could be pulled off and they would not have gone with it.

The more vague the better then. and PDRC and their troops have had something else on their plate to deal with!!!! Kept Suthep off the streets for a day to try and work out what it means... He never will though, he till thinks it is 1970 and his Army friends will walk in to save the day... Or this new found Naval know-all friend of his who sees Cambodians everywhere he goes.

Just exactly what is this drivel supposed to mean?

You have surpassed yourself with this totally incomprehensible and nonsensical poor excuse of a posting!!

Then why is the administration - less than a day after the emergency decree was implemented - clamping down on the free media ? Were the foreign dignitaries told that ?

And did the foreign dignitaries nod vertically and horizontally as they guessed might be appropriate and look polite, whilst thinking boring boring boring, and thinking why am I here, this is totally without credibility, 14 years old could speak with more logic, and a total waste of time?

Just exactly what is this drivel supposed to mean?

You have surpassed yourself with this totally incomprehensible and nonsensical poor excuse of a posting!!

If the points he makes are beyond your comprehension maybe you should say nothing at all.

Hehehehe sichonsteve saying something to refute points... whatever next.

I'll stand by what I said and it had the effect that I said. She really put the cat amonst the pigeons today. This struggle runs at a much deeper level than many on here can comprehend.

They cannot understand bluff, double bluff, or any third rate suberfuge. and think all agencys are operating at Beer bar intelegence levels. Wish more people could scratch the surface a bit. But, maybe I should hang out on twitter only.

One eg. it is more than feasible that a Navy seal/red shirt/PDC guard could be involved in an open and blatant way.....

They can then say, it's so obvious that it's a navy seal/Red Shirt/PDRC guard and there is so much evidence that it must be a set up.

It's heart and minds as well.... but that goes over even more heads.