Jimmy Page in Pattaya now

addy77

Pattaya is Jimmys' "Stairway To Heaven" cheesy.gif

He has probably found an Isaan "Living Loving Maid (She's Just A Woman)" by now. Of course he had to "Bring It On Home" for a "Whole Lotta Love". He's lucky; he could have chosen badly in Pattaya ("What Is And What Should Never Be"), in which case he would have found himself "Dazed and Confused" instead of climbing his "Stairway to Heaven".

Was a big Zepellin fan you'll not be surprised to hearsmile.png

• Like 2

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It looks like old souppeel has had 1 too many tonight.

Hahahahahhahahahahaha.

I am guessing the one that cannot flame a member by even spelling his name correctly might be the one who has had a few! hahahahahahahaha!

Communication breakdown

Hahahahahhahahahahaha.

I am guessing the one that cannot flame a member by even spelling his name correctly might be the one who has had a few! hahahahahahahaha!

Communication breakdown

Dazed and confused more like it

• Like 1

Get drunk and rock out stairway to heaven to him.

he hates it

don't play it anywhere around him

Many a cover band as well as musicians also hate it as they do (take a deep breath and sit down) hotel california. over requested and overplayed ad nauseum.

They'd love it if stuff from physical graffitti was requested ie; kashmir, time of dying

Who is he?

I thought he was a snooker player
That's Jimmy white you fool and long time pattaya "resident"

i think @soutpeel fell into @pattayaphom's trap.

we will never know cos even if he did make a mistake he is never going to admit it and is going to say it was intentional to "trap" other posters

Edited by Rimmer
Flame

I've met him before. He is a very nice guy. Having said that, I don't think we should be broadcasting his whereabouts on the net. He doesn't need stalkers or fawning fans.

As to legacy, heck, his playing is less than half of it. His writing and production skills are amazing. Yes, he had talented co-members in LED Zep. But he made it happen IMO. He is the most talented living rocker on the planet IMO.

I've met him before. He is a very nice guy. Having said that, I don't think we should be broadcasting his whereabouts on the net. He doesn't need stalkers or fawning fans.

As to legacy, heck, his playing is less than half of it. His writing and production skills are amazing. Yes, he had talented co-members in LED Zep. But he made it happen IMO. He is the most talented living rocker on the planet IMO.

But he made it happen IMO.

Concur, LZ was Jimmys baby, and since 1980 he has been lost.

His finest hour was 1975 PG and the Earls Court shows.

Since then nothing.

IMHO the greatest living rocker is, Sir Lemmy of Kilminster.

1975, Lemmy kicked out of Hawkwind, went on to form Motorhead, check out his output since then.

1975, JP plays self indulgent solos at Earls Court (who actually listens to Dazed & Confused these days?), since then nothing.

Over 100 LZ bootlegs in the house going all the way back to The Yardbirds through to Europe 1980.

Blueberry Hill, is a must have, as is Listen To This Eddie, the Big Bertha remasters should also be sought out.

But he made it happen IMO.

Concur, LZ was Jimmys baby, and since 1980 he has been lost.

His finest hour was 1975 PG and the Earls Court shows.

Since then nothing.

IMHO the greatest living rocker is, Sir Lemmy of Kilminster.

1975, Lemmy kicked out of Hawkwind, went on to form Motorhead, check out his output since then.

1975, JP plays self indulgent solos at Earls Court (who actually listens to Dazed & Confused these days?), since then nothing.

Over 100 LZ bootlegs in the house going all the way back to The Yardbirds through to Europe 1980.

Blueberry Hill, is a must have, as is Listen To This Eddie, the Big Bertha remasters should also be sought out.

Well, the definition of greatest is a personal opinion so we will just have to disagree. I must admit Lemmy didn't even come to mind when considering it. Did Motorhead ever have any #1 hits or platinum records? I realize popularity isn't the end all of who is greatest but I suspect your opinion isn't widely shared. Some might choose other than Page but Lemmy probably doesn't top any lists.

The way I determined greatest living rocker is:

has to be alive (duh)

was driving force of most influential and dynamic group - check

was legendary on his instrument - check

If the Beatles qualified for rock I'd probably give McCartney a mention as well but I feel they are more POP than rock.

On the rap that Jimmy did little after LZ there is some truth to that. He did other projects and performed but I suspect the perfection he achieved with LZ was hard to match up to. And heck, he didn't go to the mountain with LZ he made the mountain. I'm guessing it was hard for him to do anything live without someone calling for Stairway or Kashmir or some other LZ song. And I feel he rightfully didn't travel the "I'll play LZ songs til I die" route.

Hahahahahhahahahahaha.

I was well aware of the 'error'

'flame a member'?? Ooohh I say, I hope nobody ever flames my member.

One suspects you have had more than 1 case of a drippy member in your time dear boy

You're not wrong there. Good to see you have sobered up now.

Sobered up now dear boy ? My last drink was over 3 months ago, not that I am on the wagon or anything but as I am getting older, I seem to have lost interest in alcohol to a large degree....so your feeble attempt at a retort doesn't work in this case