Info on a bar please

CaptainZero

Strange thread indeed

Indeed.

KB and Cheurcheur seem to think that Lyns bar is Guys bar and this bar is situated near Wat Chalong in Rawai.

Or perhaps Lyn calls it Lyns bar and Guy calls it Guys bar.

Or perhaps ......

Oh dear......try reading the thread again. Maybe you will eventually understand it.

I don't "think" anything. I know where Guy's Bar is. If your comprehension skills were any good, you would have read my directions to it and known that.

Chercheur888 was asking for where Lyn's bar was in Rawai and you gave directions to Guy's bar clap2.gif

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Strange thread indeed

Indeed.

KB and Cheurcheur seem to think that Lyns bar is Guys bar and this bar is situated near Wat Chalong in Rawai.

Or perhaps Lyn calls it Lyns bar and Guy calls it Guys bar.

Or perhaps ......

Oh dear......try reading the thread again. Maybe you will eventually understand it.

I don't "think" anything. I know where Guy's Bar is. If your comprehension skills were any good, you would have read my directions to it and known that.

Chercheur888 was asking for where Lyn's bar was in Rawai and you gave directions to Guy's bar clap2.gif

See post #24. I was answering his query on where Guy's Bar was.

Edited by KarenBravo

It's my turn to play "Armchair Detective"

Some of you have guessed that the OP either owns the Guy Bar and wants some free advertising here, or he is looking at buying it, but I think the guy already owns it and is trying to figure out why business is so slow.

If you were talking to a friend and you told him you're going to Phuket, then he made the point of mentioning that a certain bar of all the thousands of bars on Phuket was either very good or awful, wouldn't you ask the friend why he has strong opinions about this one bar? Or if the conversation got side-tracked at that time, wouldn't you email/call him later and ask him why he has that opinion? This "strange thread" is maybe strange because the approach isn't logical?

C'mon OP tell us that's what's going on. Just tell us that's your bar, business is slow, and you want to know why. We won't hold it against you. LOL

What is the matter with you people??

Are you all conspiracy theorists?

My original post says it all. I am not the owner of the bar, if I was, why would I post a question about it?

I am coming to Phuket soon. A friend recommended the bar and said that the owner is good and I might meet some locals.

When I mentioned this to another friend, he said that the bar was totally boring and that it was a waste of time going there.

Frankly, this whole thread has been a big waste of time. Not one of you has actually given an opinion on the bar. Only on my motives for posting.

I won't be going to the bar because firstly, it is far from where I stay and secondly, not a single positive endorsement on this thread.

My original post says it all. I am not the owner of the bar, if I was, why would I post a question about it?

I am coming to Phuket soon. A friend recommended the bar and said that the owner is good and I might meet some locals.

When I mentioned this to another friend, he said that the bar was totally boring and that it was a waste of time going there.

Frankly, this whole thread has been a big waste of time. Not one of you has actually given an opinion on the bar. Only on my motives for posting.

I won't be going to the bar because firstly, it is far from where I stay and secondly, not a single positive endorsement on this thread.

Good. Make the call based on some random people posting on a public forum.

As I said, go try the bar when you arrive and make your own judgement. Opinions are like <deleted>, everyone has one.

• Like 1

Apparently not, you asked if it was worth going & by your own admission have gleened from these posts that, indeed, it is not.

You are welcome......

If the OP does own the bar he'd be very happy with the publicity he's had from this thread.
I, for one, am now aware of its existence and location.

However, I am not tempted to visit. Looking at the picture above with the stark furniture, the iron bars and the pommie flags it reminds me of a prison.

whistling.gif

If the OP does own the bar he'd be very happy with the publicity he's had from this thread.

However, I am not tempted to visit. Looking at the picture above with the stark furniture, the iron bars and the pommie flags it reminds me of a prison.

whistling.gif

I took those photos around 8 a.m. this morning whilst going past, so the place isn't in it's more usual 'open for business' state. Having been past there during their normal service, there aren't any security grills, and behind the roller shutter door at the rear is the bar itself and inside seating.

For anyone making the effort to visit the Wat Chalong fair this week, might be worth trying out and perhaps making subjective comments.

whistling.gif

I took those photos around 8 a.m. this morning whilst going past, so the place isn't in it's more usual 'open for business' state. Having been past there during their normal service, there aren't any security grills, and behind the roller shutter door at the rear is the bar itself and inside seating.

For anyone making the effort to visit the Wat Chalong fair this week, might be worth trying out and perhaps making subjective comments.

My comment was more jocular than anything mate.

As an Aussie I sometimes feel the need to give back a little to the English for all those tired "Convict" jibes.tongue.png

• Like 2

It seems that you DID apparently get what you came for, and you even read between the lines to get it. The fact that nobody gave an opinion means it's obviously not a popular one, so logic would dictate it's not very good. Good bars are popular, so people will know them.

Also, why are we obliged to answer your post in the only way direct way you want? If people want to have a bit of fun playing "conspiracy theorist" or "armchair detective" that's up to them. Maybe it would be better if you laughed about the theories instead of coming back and damning everyone.

Finally, if accurate info about this bar is so important to you, go back to the original sources and get it there. It would be much quicker, more efficient and less frustrating for you.

Looks like shi*e but then I live in Surat so wouldn't drive 3+hrs even for a great bar !!!

Only ever pop into the 'washed up hippie weed haven' when I have to go to Phuket under duress..

OP does that help smile.png

Place looks o.k........

Looks like a pub to keep the Thai missus busy and have friends in.

• Like 1

whistling.gif

As an Aussie I sometimes feel the need to give back a little to the English for all those tired "Convict" jibes.tongue.png

Talking about bars has anyone been anywhere near Ned Kelly's bar somewhere in Thailand.

Just wondered what it was like.

whistling.gif

Talking about bars has anyone been anywhere near Ned Kelly's bar somewhere in Thailand.

Ned is on the forum here at times, bar is on the back road of Kata the one that leads to the Kata Hill passing the fire station, looks about the same as the OP's Guy's bar.

Ned is on the forum here at times, bar is on the back road of Kata the one that leads to the Kata Hill passing the fire station, looks about the same as the OP's Guy's bar.

Thanks for the info I was just posting ref Old Croc post about comeback for the POM's about old convict jokes being that Ned become a famous Irishman after he immigrated to OZ..

And of course he has a few bars in various location's.

There's probably others "somewhere in Thailand."

If it was a "convict" jibe, Ned was Irish. (Although it was hard to tell what he was when Mick Jagger played him in a film!)

biggrin.png

Edit: Sorry Jocko - missed your post before I wrote mine!

Edited by Old Croc

That bar was up for sale for months. Been closed for at least a month and this morning I see some workers making modications.

If it was a "convict" jibe, Ned was Irish. (Although it was hard to tell what he was when Mick Jagger played him in a film!)

biggrin.png

Ye a bit like Scotty on the Starship Enterprise.

biggrin.png

Ned Kelly's in soi Chaiyapum Pattaya I believe.....decent food....attentive staff...good rooms for rent anyone else know a Ned's somewhere in Thailand??

I'm actually in 'Guy's' right at this moment. Very sad looking place, with a poor selection of beer in the fridge ( 6 bottles of Leo, 5 Chang, 2 Heineken, and 2 Tiger - all small).

Sent from my GT-I9300T using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

I'm actually in 'Guy's' right at this moment. Very sad looking place, with a poor selection of beer in the fridge ( 6 bottles of Leo, 5 Chang, 2 Heineken, and 2 Tiger - all small).

That takes care of me no problem.

• 2 weeks later...

That takes care of me no problem.

So I guess business isnt so good. He needs a better location than that street