Japan calls off all tours to Thailand

webfact

FOREIGN ARRIVALS
Japan calls off all tours to Thailand

Prakaidao Bengsantia
The Nation

Singapore airlines also slash flights to Bangkok

BANGKOK: -- The decision to impose an emergency decree to manage the spreading and intensifying anti-government protests in Bangkok has led to cancellations of all Japanese tours to Thailand, according to Anake Srishevachart, president of the Thai-Japan Tourist Association.

To foreign tourists, the emergency decree is a sign of a possible outbreak of violence between the government's foes and its supporters, and with security forces.

Last year, 1.4 million Japanese tourists visited Thailand. They spent an average of Bt20,000-Bt30,000 per person and stayed in Thailand for an average of about five days on each trip. Thus the cancellation of Japanese tours to Thailand will likely be a big blow to the revenue of the tourism and service sectors, especially during the current high season.

The association is urging the government to review the possibility of lifting the decree as soon as possible to restore some of the confidence of foreign tourists and promote calm about the current situation for the sake of the Thai economy and employment, especially in the tourism and service sectors.

Meanwhile, The Straits Times reported yesterday that fewer flights were being operated between Singapore and Bangkok as travellers shunned the volatile Thai capital.

Singapore Airlines (SIA) has confirmed a second round of cuts to its flights to Bangkok, while budget carrier Tigerair axed its first flights on Monday. Singaporean travel agents foresee more cancellations in the coming weeks after the imposition of a 60-day state of emergency.

SIA spokesman Nicholas Ionides said that in view of the current situation, the airline would cut another 24 flights to Bangkok from now until February 27 on top of a previously announced reduction of 19 flights.

Tigerair is also cutting flights, a spokesman said.

Budget carriers AirAsia, Jetstar and Scoot have not axed services but are monitoring the situation in Bangkok, according to The Straits Times.

nationlogo.jpg
-- The Nation 2014-01-25

• Like 1

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

If all sex tours to The land of smiles are cancelled its goodnight Thai economy. Theres not all that much else here.

It just means you will have to pay more the next time you go get a bar girl. Heeehee:-):-)

Sent from my GT-S5310 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

No, TAT will simply change the promotional branding/tagline to include something about the State of Emergency:

"Travel to Thailand, even safer now there are troops on the street to take care of you".

Now you do just have the Tourist Police as your first friend you have the whole army as friends tool.

If all sex tours to The land of smiles are cancelled its goodnight Thai economy. Theres not all that much else here.

Maybe not much more for tourists, but there is a great deal for travelers to see -- the beauty of Ayutthaya and the Wats nationwide, watching the sunrise over the Andaman Sea, the short rugged mountains of the north, the scintillating waters of Phretchabkirikahn...

There is so much more here than sex tours I could not fit it into two books.

When i visited Ayuthaya there wouldnt of been enough visitors to fill a bus. Scintillating waters ? LOL Blackpool ,UK has cleaner beaches than Thailand.

Ive been past the Grand palace on many occassions and few tourists about.

Most men and some women are found in the sexy sauna- spas and bars of Bangkok and beyond. Sex is very cheap by Japanese and western standards.....Seen one temple you've seen 'em all.

No slick you are wrong about alot of things here in Thailand. It is obvious you dont know too much about this country.

• Like 2

Maybe not much more for tourists, but there is a great deal for travelers to see -- the beauty of Ayutthaya and the Wats nationwide, watching the sunrise over the Andaman Sea, the short rugged mountains of the north, the scintillating waters of Phretchabkirikahn...

There is so much more here than sex tours I could not fit it into two books.

When i visited Ayuthaya there wouldnt of been enough visitors to fill a bus. Scintillating waters ? LOL Blackpool ,UK has cleaner beaches than Thailand.

Ive been past the Grand palace on many occassions and few tourists about.

Most men and some women are found in the sexy sauna- spas and bars of Bangkok and beyond. Sex is very cheap by Japanese and western standards.....Seen one temple you've seen 'em all.

Well don't come here then. Those that see beyond the end of a beer bar and/or the inside of a minibus will have plenty to do.

I recently cycled from Udon to Chiang Mai along the edges of two national parks. Quite stunning scenery. Next month I will be trail running in Khao Lak national park.

As for your temple quote, others might say, seen one naked body, seen em all.

Horses for courses init? But there is more to Thailand than sex for those that, want it. But for me, it's off the tourist trap trail.

• Like 1