Japan calls off all tours to Thailand

webfact

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Who cares about the Japanese. Let them stay in Japan country, remember the bridge over the river Kwai.

Wow talk about holding a grudge , that was 70 years ago.. let it go man ..

Umm have you read TVF recently? 70 years ago about 1/2 the posters were alive. They still complain about the incident in Boston Harbor.

• Like 2

The airline companies are probably concerned that if the protesters shut down air traffic control or seize the airports again, their planes could remain grounded in Bangkok, which could cost them millions of dollars in lost revenue.

I don`t blame them for avoiding Bangkok until the conclusion of this present crisis.

• Like 1

If all sex tours to The land of smiles are cancelled its goodnight Thai economy. Theres not all that much else here.

Got any figures to back that up? You reckon the countless busloads of mixed gender Chinese group tours are sex tourists?

I guess it is natural enough to assume the world one lives in bears a strong resemblance to the rest of the world... however incorrect that may be.

I have seen lots of scintillating and crystal clear waters in Thailand. Admittedly, they were nowhere near pattaya, jomtien, patong, etc. I remember taking a half day snorkeling trip from Koh Chang, on some of the little islands we visited, one could see clearly to the bottom, in 20-30 feet of water. The water was teeming with fish as well. Also, on a day trip from phuket, to some little island just off the south tip, the water was stunning, the beach was clean and pure white sand. The bottom was covered with healthy corals, with thousands of beautiful little fish swimming around. One must get away from the centers of sleaze and sex tourism to see these beautiful places.

But such scintillating and crystal clear waters are also easily accessible in Vietnam, Malaysia, Indonesia, Cambodia and soon Myanmarblink.png

Poor girls!!sad.png No more 3-3-3 Japanese customers!

What's 3-3-3 ?

And another thing, what's all this 55555?

I can't keep up with all this.

Call it a unflattering generalisation about Japanese sex tourists.

The first number represents inches.....You should be able to figure out the rest.

• Like 1

Yes, so much to do for the old guys who at age 70 go to essan and find a 15 year old for a wife. So sick, but so true!!!

Some of those "Sick old guys" may be friends of yours.

I hope you are, as a good friend, taking good care of them in the spirit of true friendship.

I'm sure they would not like you speaking of them, as you are here!

What's 3-3-3 ?

The first number represents inches.....You should be able to figure out the rest.

I can't figure the rest out. I've tried. But I can't figure it out.

No, TAT will simply change the promotional branding/tagline to include something about the State of Emergency:

"Travel to Thailand, even safer now there are troops on the street to take care of you".

No "Amazing Thailand, where traffic flows all day long with your respective Japanese automobiles"

Well you can always rely on The Nation to sensationalise anything they think they can blame the government for.

In the real world, the reality is that the president of the Thai-Japan Tourism Association has said that Japanese tourists have cancelled plans to visit Thailand because of the Emergency Decree.

That is not the same as saying that Japan has called off all tours, but of course that wouldn't be so damning a headline would it. It obviously hasn't stopped the usual suspects leaping on the bandwagon though.

The Nation is so obvious in its political slant it would be laughable if it wasn't so serious.

Well you can always rely on The Nation to sensationalise anything they think they can blame the government for.

In the real world, the reality is that the president of the Thai-Japan Tourism Association has said that Japanese tourists have cancelled plans to visit Thailand because of the Emergency Decree.

That is not the same as saying that Japan has called off all tours, but of course that wouldn't be so damning a headline would it. It obviously hasn't stopped the usual suspects leaping on the bandwagon though.

It could be *both*

Tourists *and* tour companies are turning their backs on Thailand.

And we only have Yingluck to blame for not resigning and issuing the questionable SOE.

It's amazing to see how much damage one family can do to an entire country.

It could be *both*

And we only have Yingluck to blame for not resigning and issuing the questionable SOE.

Are you aware that there's a movement of civil disobedience occurring with an objective of overthrowing democracy?

It could be *both*

Are you aware that there's a movement of civil disobedience occurring with an objective of overthrowing democracy?

No. The way I see it is that there's a movement of civil disobedience occurring with an objective of electoral reform.

If all sex tours to The land of smiles are cancelled its goodnight Thai economy. Theres not all that much else here.

Maybe not much more for tourists, but there is a great deal for travelers to see -- the beauty of Ayutthaya and the Wats nationwide, watching the sunrise over the Andaman Sea, the short rugged mountains of the north, the scintillating waters of Phretchabkirikahn...

There is so much more here than sex tours I could not fit it into two books.

So tell me. How many Andaman Sea sunrises have you seen from Thailand?

What's 3-3-3 ?

I can't figure the rest out. I've tried. But I can't figure it out.

Ok...... the other numbers represent baht in thousands and minutes.....

It could be *both*

No. The way I see it is that there's a movement of civil disobedience occurring with an objective of electoral reform.

Nevertheless, it is this movement of civil disobedience that is causing the current damage to the country.

What's 3-3-3 ?

Spending too much time in Makro by the sounds of it. Forget home decorating. Catch up with all the posters on TV (5555)

333 = 3 inches, 3 minutes and 3,000 Baht.

5555 = ha ha ha ha (as in Thai word for 5 sounds like ha - as in laughing)

• Like 1

THANK YOU SUTHEP! you are really doing a great job for Thailand. A great job of killing Thailand.

Suthep is just one man. There are tens of thousands of people in the street. Or haven't you noticed.

Thousands you say WHERE

Only on a weekend now

Thank-you PTP (or should we be thanking Thaksin...), for your dumb AMNESTY BILL!

What's 3-3-3 ?

Spending too much time in Makro by the sounds of it. Forget home decorating. Catch up with all the posters on TV (5555)

333 = 3 inches, 3 minutes and 3,000 Baht.

5555 = ha ha ha ha (as in Thai word for 5 sounds like ha - as in laughing)

Oh, I get it now.

Ta.

Nevertheless, it is this movement of civil disobedience that is causing the current damage to the country.

Nevertheless? There's a world of difference between the two!

Having said that, I see the damage coming from a political party by hook or by crook (no pun intended) trying to hang on for 180 days so they can push through the Amnesty Bill.

If Yingluck is so secure in her power base, what's the harm in resigning office. A few reforms can be made, and there could even be another election *before* the 180-day deadline.

But in the real world, we have Yingluck being investigated for her part in the rice scam and fake G2G deals. And 308 MPs being investigated for their part in the Amnesty Bill.

It'll be interesting to see what happens with the elections (if they're held), but my guess is things will be different when the 180-day deadline rolls around. If Yingluck doesn't do the right thing, the military may be forced to step in.

• Like 1

Who cares about the Japanese. Let them stay in Japan country, remember the bridge over the river Kwai.

Wow talk about holding a grudge , that was 70 years ago.. let it go man ..

They still have grudge against America for beating them. And refuse to admit anything. They all claim I do not know what happen doing the war But still cry about the 2 little bombs that ended it.

Edited by harryfrompattaya

------------------

Pure nonsense...... Industries in Thailand that export products made in Thailand (even if they are Japanese cars) are a far greater proportion of the real Thai economy than tourism actually is.

Only a small percentage of the Thai economy actually depends directly on Tourism, and only a small part of that actually trickles down to the street level Thai worker.

It may have been true 30 or 40 years ago that tourism was a major player in the Thai economy, but that has changed now.

When I worked in Greece on the island of Crete I used to shop in a large Greek supermarket chain.

I remember they sold canned Tuna there.

That Tuna was packed in Thailand at a packing plant just outside of Bangkok and it said so on the label.

I won't give you the name, but it was a major international brand name well known all over Europe and the U.S. also.

Just last week there was an article in an English language Thai newspaper about the large investment that Ford Motor Company was making in Thailand where their cars would be assembled.

And actually, "packaged sex tours" are only a minor part of the Japanese tourist traffic anyhow.

This is 2014, not 1980, and the Thai economy has changed drastically since then.

Times have changed, my friend.

(The first time I came to Thailand was in 1977, and I can remember the illustrated Japanese books with the girl's photos in the massage parlors for Japanese tourists back then.)

No more.

At last someone with some sense, well done for putting that dumb comment in it's place, some people are really so dumb and stupid they really think it's all about sex.