Be careful when you get online: it's like a cyber war now

webfact

I don't care about this 'like' and dislike issue. Out of curiosity, somewhere last year, I asked a staff to write a script for me to vote multiple times on an online English paper's poll. In percentage term, the figure went up near 50% from 2300+ on likes against dislikes. Then within about 10 seconds, after I refreshed my browser, the figures on dislikes went up more than 10 times. I tested again on 2 more of their polls, the same situation occurred.

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

19 000 likes. What a popular movement. Meanwhile Thaksin has 1.7 million likes.

Likes can be manufactured. Had a scam artist setting up FB groups on Samui last year taking money from bars promising to get 1000 likes on the page for 20k Baht. Turned over a friend of mine so I went and found him, he gave her money back. Month or two later he crashed his bike and is now in a wheelchair in the UK. Accident? I doubt it.

Why would someone even pay 20K baht. You can get that many likes for 150 baht on some websites. If someone pays 20K for them, then they deserve to be ripped off.

Worse than the person selling them is the person you suggest left him in a wheelchair for the sake of 20K baht. I hope you're reported this to the police. Or are you happy to see a man deliberately put in a wheelchair and happy to withhold evidence?

• Like 1

I don't care about this 'like' and dislike issue. Out of curiosity, somewhere last year, I asked a staff to write a script for me to vote multiple times on an online English paper's poll. In percentage term, the figure went up near 50% from 2300+ on likes against dislikes. Then within about 10 seconds, after I refreshed my browser, the figures on dislikes went up more than 10 times. I tested again on 2 more of their polls, the same situation occurred.

Now I can see why you support a party infamous for electoral fraud.

I know the anti government computer thugs have been using it here. We all know who there are.

Good one. No pro government computer thugs like you then?

To me it looks like droves of pro government lackies have shown up in recent weeks. Thaksin must be spending a fortune trying to counter Suthep.

Tell me, why doesn't Thaksin reach into his own pockets to pay the farmers their overdue money? The rice scam is, after all, his brain child.

Any person with the limited knowledge and understanding to promote such an ill thought out solution should really withdraw from Thai politics and social media

Likes can be manufactured. Had a scam artist setting up FB groups on Samui last year taking money from bars promising to get 1000 likes on the page for 20k Baht. Turned over a friend of mine so I went and found him, he gave her money back. Month or two later he crashed his bike and is now in a wheelchair in the UK. Accident? I doubt it.

I am afraid to like this now.

• Like 1

I know the anti government computer thugs have been using it here. We all know who there are.

What are you talking about?

About thugs... as usual, as every days, every posts, every answers, please try to understand and not to blame the poor fellow for it is uncontrollable it's compulsive facepalm.gif

Edited by Tchooptip

Likes can be paid for. There is a whole industry involved in that.

The Toxic one has fans, but it wouldn't surprise me that he'd pay for likes as well. He's a typical wannabe Facist Dictator.

• Like 1

Which party of what electoral fraud????? Very unethical to put 'words in people's mouth."

Which party of what electoral fraud????? Very unethical to put 'words in people's mouth."

Someone who admits of using staff to tamper with public opinion polls talking about ethics. You are a source of merryment, icommunity.

"Likes" can be bought, and you are not taking into account the age of an account.

If you paid me, I could add 1,000,000+ likes in 48 hours to any account, it's not difficult.

In case you didn't know, Facebook monitors that type of manipulation and will respond accordingly.

Improvements To Our Site Integrity Systems
August 31, 2012 at 9:00am

A Like that doesn't come from someone truly interested in connecting with a Page benefits no one. Real identity, for both users and brands on Facebook, is important to not only Facebook’s mission of helping the world share, but also the need for people and customers to authentically connect to the Pages they care about. When a Page and fan connect on Facebook, we want to ensure that connection involves a real person interested in hearing from a specific Page and engaging with that brand’s content. As such, we have recently increased our automated efforts to remove Likes on Pages that may have been gained by means that violate our Terms.

On average, less than 1% of Likes on any given Page will be removed, providing they and their affiliates have been abiding by our terms. These newly improved automated efforts will remove those Likes gained by malware, compromised accounts, deceived users, or purchased bulk Likes. While we have always had dedicated protections against each of these threats on Facebook, these improved systems have been specifically configured to identify and take action against suspicious Likes.

To be clear, we do not and have never permitted the purchase or sale of Facebook Likes as we only want people connecting to the Pages and brands with whom they have chosen to connect. Beyond the need to maintain authentic relationships on Facebook, these third-party vendors often attempt to use malware or other forms of deception to generate fraudulent Likes, which is harmful to all users and the internet as a whole.

• Like 2

A bit off topic, but computer data companies use 1.5% of the world's electricity - nearly all of that for cooling.

Are you suggesting that some posters here "retire" to save the planet?? Not a bad idea really!thumbsup.gif

"Likes" can be bought, and you are not taking into account the age of an account.

If you paid me, I could add 1,000,000+ likes in 48 hours to any account, it's not difficult.

In case you didn't know, Facebook monitors that type of manipulation and will respond accordingly.

Improvements To Our Site Integrity Systems
August 31, 2012 at 9:00am

A Like that doesn't come from someone truly interested in connecting with a Page benefits no one. Real identity, for both users and brands on Facebook, is important to not only Facebook’s mission of helping the world share, but also the need for people and customers to authentically connect to the Pages they care about. When a Page and fan connect on Facebook, we want to ensure that connection involves a real person interested in hearing from a specific Page and engaging with that brand’s content. As such, we have recently increased our automated efforts to remove Likes on Pages that may have been gained by means that violate our Terms.

On average, less than 1% of Likes on any given Page will be removed, providing they and their affiliates have been abiding by our terms. These newly improved automated efforts will remove those Likes gained by malware, compromised accounts, deceived users, or purchased bulk Likes. While we have always had dedicated protections against each of these threats on Facebook, these improved systems have been specifically configured to identify and take action against suspicious Likes.

To be clear, we do not and have never permitted the purchase or sale of Facebook Likes as we only want people connecting to the Pages and brands with whom they have chosen to connect. Beyond the need to maintain authentic relationships on Facebook, these third-party vendors often attempt to use malware or other forms of deception to generate fraudulent Likes, which is harmful to all users and the internet as a whole.

Yup, I know . . . but as with everything, there are still ways to "buy" likes that do not violate the terms should someone wish to do so.

TRT was banned for electoral fraud and its successor the PPP was also banned for electoral fraud.

If you don't believe me try doing a little research.

AleG didn't put words into other peoples mouths.

icommunity publically admitted that he committed fraud on the internet

• Like 1

Its like a cyber war ,sometimes, up here on the Chiang Mai forum. regards Worgeordie

And rightly so ... what could be more crucial to living the 'Good Life', than knowing where to find the best Pizza or Burgers in town ? clap2.gif

biggrin.png

There is one named free wireless connection here in Bangkok that every time I want to connect to our own wireless wi-fi, it captures the connection even if I disconnect from it.

Several times when I had no choice because I forgot to bring my broadband and couldn't connect to our own, I tried to use it

but it asks for a name, username, password and passport number. And I saw a warning in my laptop that accessing this connection, your information might be visible to others, something like that.

I thought, this maybe the one stealing password and can access anybody's email or can monitor whatever you do in the net.

My "Like" for Thaksin is a genuine Like.

I can confirm you that I clicked Like, and intended to do so, totally for free :rolleyes:

Sent from my HTC One using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

My "Like" for Thaksin is a genuine Like.

I can confirm you that I clicked Like, and intended to do so, totally for free :rolleyes:

Sent from my HTC One using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Good for you, that's your right. If there was a "dislike" button however, that's the one I would have clicked.

The Toxic one has fans, but it wouldn't surprise me that he'd pay for likes as well. He's a typical wannabe Facist Dictator.

But 1.7 Millions is weak...He should buy 100 Million to show that 150 % of all Thai people love him or 150 Million....so also 150 % of the soi dogs love him.

Or with the right money buy 7 billion likes and proof that just everyone (but Suthep) likes him. As wannabe Dictator you must think big.

• Like 1

I see my clients buying likes all the time.. its a big scam. Duh anyone who did not know this (like Taksin supporters) don't have a brain.

Says the guy who has an Arnold Schwarzenegger quote in his signature.

get-a-brain-morans.jpg

As opposed to Suthep, who literally was a fascist dictator. A position he obviously misses.

But 1.7 Millions is weak...He should buy 100 Million to show that 150 % of all Thai people love him or 150 Million....so also 150 % of the soi dogs love him.

Or with the right money buy 7 billion likes and proof that just everyone (but Suthep) likes him. As wannabe Dictator you must think big.

Wait until you have "your" clown dictating, and then we will see you on the roads again, because you folks have no brain, only muscles and a loud mouth if something doesn't fit your personal supply demand

who should that be "my" clown?????

And who is "you" folks? Everyone who don't like Thaksin (or everyone who think killing 3000 people isn't OK)?

Why would someone even pay 20K baht. You can get that many likes for 150 baht on some websites. If someone pays 20K for them, then they deserve to be ripped off.

Worse than the person selling them is the person you suggest left him in a wheelchair for the sake of 20K baht. I hope you're reported this to the police. Or are you happy to see a man deliberately put in a wheelchair and happy to withhold evidence?

How long have you hang around in this dohdorm?

Police?

Evidence?

cheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gif

• Like 1

Just 1.7m?

Very poor show.

Suthep can count more people on the street than that over the past few months and nobody really likes him.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

The problem with Suhep's counting is that he has been using binary code every time. He just doesn't tell the media.

Just 1.7m?

Very poor show.

Suthep can count more people on the street than that over the past few months and nobody really likes him.

The problem with Suhep's counting is that he has been using binary code every time. He just doesn't tell the media.

1. I can't see why this should constitute a problem for Thaksin's counting

2. Where is your "binary code" proof?

Sorry, you don't need a proof, you just dictate it as "truth"!

Edited by NHT

"....there is the risk of all of us being misinformed or harmed via social media.... Remember to be careful when reading and posting on social media. It doesn't hurt to be sceptical...."

So how is this different from the mainstream media?..........To answer my own question.... ".It is not"...What supports this point-of-view?...let me count the ways...

1. It is not by accident that a huge number of Farangs are anti-UDD/RS/PTP. The English Language mainstream media is the only source for Farangs over their coffee at Starbucks or elsewhere...Most times their views mirror that source word-for-word.
  2. It is not by accident that a huge number of Farangs are an extension of the demonization campaign of the 2006 coupists. Demonizing those they coup'ed, in order to justify themselves.
  3. It is not by accident that a huge number of Farangs are Thaksin-haters as a result of this coup-justification denigration campaign waged through the Elitist sourced mainstream media.
  4. It is not by accident that the audience of the mainstream media, especially TV stations, are by-and-large the Elitists and their side of the political divide. In most UDD/RS/PTP leaning households, the mainstream TV channels are scorned, because their agenda's are so pervasive.

This article is absolutely correct though, when referencing this 'cyber war' via social media......it is not only via its' primary outlet via Facebook, but also Wikipedia...Just reference any politically oriented aricle in this online encyclopedia, and see the one-sidedness.

Wow, your Crystal ball is working overtime. AS I dont have Coffee with Suthep or YL, I must get my information from some type of English Media.and not by accident. Its not by accident that Thaksin has a very bad profile even for non Bloggers, letting his Generals stack people into the back of trucks to suffocate comes to mind by no accident, deliberately. I think you use the term Elitist too liberally as most newspapers just aren,t that elite.

Just 1.7m?

Very poor show.

Well it worked for the redshirts!

A bit off topic, but computer data companies use 1.5% of the world's electricity - nearly all of that for cooling.

Are you suggesting that some posters here "retire" to save the planet?? Not a bad idea really!thumbsup.gif
I'm saying that's a prodigious amount of electricity. It's equivalent to the entire power output of Mexico being devoted to just cooling corporate computers.

"....there is the risk of all of us being misinformed or harmed via social media.... Remember to be careful when reading and posting on social media. It doesn't hurt to be sceptical...."

So how is this different from the mainstream media?..........To answer my own question.... ".It is not"...What supports this point-of-view?...let me count the ways...

1. It is not by accident that a huge number of Farangs are anti-UDD/RS/PTP. The English Language mainstream media is the only source for Farangs over their coffee at Starbucks or elsewhere...Most times their views mirror that source word-for-word.
  2. It is not by accident that a huge number of Farangs are an extension of the demonization campaign of the 2006 coupists. Demonizing those they coup'ed, in order to justify themselves.
  3. It is not by accident that a huge number of Farangs are Thaksin-haters as a result of this coup-justification denigration campaign waged through the Elitist sourced mainstream media.
  4. It is not by accident that the audience of the mainstream media, especially TV stations, are by-and-large the Elitists and their side of the political divide. In most UDD/RS/PTP leaning households, the mainstream TV channels are scorned, because their agenda's are so pervasive.

This article is absolutely correct though, when referencing this 'cyber war' via social media......it is not only via its' primary outlet via Facebook, but also Wikipedia...Just reference any politically oriented aricle in this online encyclopedia, and see the one-sidedness.

So are you saying that only the pro UDD/RS/PTP farangs have got the right information then? What makes you think that the non English media is any more truthful? Are all the Thai anti government protesters reading the English media? I don't think my wife and her friends who are anti government are reading the English media.

I'm not saying that there isn't biased reporting but I'd very much doubt that the pro UDD/RS/PTP media has a monopoly on the truth. Not unless they're totally different from those they support.

Why is the only English media anti UDD/RS/PTP? I've asked before where the English media that isn't anti UDD/RS/PTP is but nobody has told me so far. Why can't the UDD/RS/PTP start a newspaper in English and don't try using the 'elite' word to try to explain it. Media costs money and we all know someone who has plenty of that.

I have to base my opinion on what I hear and consequently if most of that is anti government then that's what I will hear but despite being pretty much anti government there are some issues where I agree with the UDD/RS/PTP and I do mention them and also where I disagree with the Dems. The thing is some things are just facts or if they aren't nobody seems prepared to correct them.

Is Yingluck actually an experienced politician brought in for that reason and not because she was expected to do as she was told? Did she actually attend parliament like any other PM and lead her party in debates as well as going on foreign trips? Is Thailand still the number 1 rice exporter in the world? Has the government been paying farmers until the EC stopped them? Did the army in 2010 not shoot protesters when they were posing no threat and so were not authorised under the ROE. Despite this have Abhisit and Suthep not been charged with murder after investigation by Tarit and the DSI.

Sometimes there's a lot of stories about someone like Thaksin and it's likely that a few aren't true and some are exaggerated but in the end there are so many it seems inconceivable that they're all untrue. On the same basis I can't deny that Suthep has been involved in some corrupt practices but then as I've said on many occasions I don't like him much anyway.

I also get my information from other sources. Robert Amsterdam is one such source regarding the killings in 2010. Of course I did have to read further so I could fill in the bits he left out because they didn't fit his views so I've read the ROE the army was under in 2010 and I've read of the investigations so far about the killings and the circumstances surrounding the deaths. This is from reports in the English media but whilst there was argument about whether the evidence was enough to prove soldiers pulled the trigger there was no suggestion the reporting was false as far as I know.

You seem to being taking a fairly biased view to me.

• Like 1