No beer tonight and tomorrow?

tolsti

It's Australia Day tomorrow.

Could be some upset ozzies around.

Not the smart ones, we booked for brunch already! Hotels will be fine......

Thinking more about the tourists. They won't know what's going on.

Some will be very pissed off if they find all the bars closed.

Not the Aussies.thumbsup.gif

Might not be the smartest but at least we don't run out of beer.thumbsup.gif

Smart enough.

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It's Australia Day tomorrow.

Could be some upset ozzies around.

Not the smart ones, we booked for brunch already! Hotels will be fine......

Thinking more about the tourists. They won't know what's going on.

Some will be very pissed off if they find all the bars closed.

Not the Aussies.thumbsup.gif

Might not be the smartest but at least we don't run out of beer.thumbsup.gif

Smart enough.

I'm sure we'll all find a beer somewhere, but some would have been planning to party big time in places like the Aussie Bar.

I know it's like talking to a brick wall, but someone in charge should be able to work out that Phuket has tourist zones that shouldn't be shut down for silly reasons that have nothing to do with the people bringing in income to help keep this stupid country running.

Edited by Old Croc

I agree an election booze ban over two weekends is ridiculous, but to say it will have a negative effect on tourism with all the other shit going on is also ridiculous! There are always booze bans at elections (and there's another one due on Friday 14 February for Macha Bucha Day!).

I agree an election booze ban over two weekends is ridiculous, but to say it will have a negative effect on tourism with all the other shit going on is also ridiculous! There are always booze bans at elections (and there's another one due on Friday 14 February for Macha Bucha Day!).

I didn't use the words "negative effect" in my post. Don't make things up

At a time when all the other shit is going on, what's ridiculous, is virtually confining the tourists that have come, to their hotels for a day and a half of their holidays. And all for an idiot election that won't take place next week anyway.

Those tourists will go to Bali next time, that would be a negative effect!

I didn't use the words "negative effect" in my post. Don't make things up

At a time when all the other shit is going on, what's ridiculous, is virtually confining the tourists that have come, to their hotels for a day and a half of their holidays. And all for an idiot election that won't take place next week anyway.

Those tourists will go to Bali next time, that would be a negative effect!

I don't believe I was quoting your, or anyone's, post!

My point is that booze bans like this are fairly frequent in Thailand, yet the tourists still keep coming. If the 2004 tsunami, 2006 coup, terrorism in the South, the 2010 deaths didn't have a long-term negative effect on tourism, a booze ban, while an inconvenience and annoyance, is very unlikely to do so. If the current political crisis turns into a civil war, then maybe that will!

I am a partner in a small fishermans bar in Chalong we went out of our way to get haggis neeps and tatties to have a burns night only to be told by the BIB that 6pm shut down. Jesus its hard enough making money at the moment just to pay the rent. Its not another nail in the coffin its a whole side what are they playing at a weekend with no takings? I know good bars in Karon that were going to have Aussie day now shut shop! Half my staff are daily paid thats 2 days no money Crazy .LOS you are wearing thin a move is on the cards . Comments?

I am a partner in a small fishermans bar in Chalong we went out of our way to get haggis neeps and tatties to have a burns night only to be told by the BIB that 6pm shut down. Jesus its hard enough making money at the moment just to pay the rent. Its not another nail in the coffin its a whole side what are they playing at a weekend with no takings? I know good bars in Karon that were going to have Aussie day now shut shop! Half my staff are daily paid thats 2 days no money Crazy .LOS you are wearing thin a move is on the cards . Comments?

I actually flew in 10KG of McSweens Haggis for tonight Oh Well Burns night Monday!!!!!!!

I actually flew in 10KG of McSweens Haggis for tonight Oh Well Burns night Monday!!!!!!!

I resisted posting a couple of Rabbies quote's that covered your situation I'm surprised nobody else has.

I hope the supper goes well on Monday.

I had a few pals meant to be arriving last Weds but they've decided to shoot through to Cambodia and the Pips now, on hearing about a double weekend of closures (and maybe beyond as the stuffed shirts will never pass the chance to puff their chests out to boost their frail egos especially if he's the new 'sherrif' in town), so thence go my PG Tips....blink.png Frankly posts like "There's always a Mom and Pop store" don't help, as to be honest, they don't fancy spending 4 nights of their hard earned holidays sitting in a hotel room - no matter how nice it may be - supping beer.

They're all big spenders and fond of the dollies so a few ladies won't be getting any loot, nor will the establishments they frequent. While it is but a drop in the ocean when you add this to the bigger picture if many other potential arrivals all decide to pass on stopping inThailand it's not going to help anyone.

This law is archaic/pointless in tourist resorts, apart giving the BiB a chance to flex their muscles in public and does no one any favours, especially givenThailand's fragile global image at this moment.

Those of you who think things like this won't affect Thai Tourism need to wake up fast...I'm sure the 10,000 GBP they'd have been pumping into the local economy over the next fortnight will be sorely missed at least by some. Multiply that by several times (as I'm sure they're not alone) and we're looking at some serious brass.

• Like 2

This is a crime against humanity! It's worse than genocide. I was so depressed when I heard I couldn't drink between 1800 today and midnight tomorrow, that I immediately decided to leave this place of smiles and on a whim, went online and booked a one way ticket to Saudi. I friend of mine told me I could drink there 24 hours a day. Well some kind of friend he turned out to be. No wonder they say that Google is your friend, because I googled it and guess what? You can't drink at all and apparently there's no bar scene. So now I'm stuck with a non refundable ticket to Saudi. You would have thought that in a place where people are riding around the desert on camels all the time that you would be able to quench your thirst. Well live and learn I suppose. I'm stuck with the ticket and I'll just have to go. Don't know what I'll do, but another good friend told me I could get missionary work handing out bibles in Mecca. I'll give it a try, but I can't wait to get back to LOS when the drinking season starts again.

Don't let the tent flap hit you in the bum.

I had a few pals meant to be arriving last Weds but they've decided to shoot through to Cambodia and the Pips now, on hearing about a double weekend of closures (and maybe beyond as the stuffed shirts will never pass the chance to puff their chests out to boost their frail egos especially if he's the new 'sherrif' in town), so thence go my PG Tips....blink.png Frankly posts like "There's always a Mom and Pop store" don't help, as to be honest, they don't fancy spending 4 nights of their hard earned holidays sitting in a hotel room - no matter how nice it may be - supping beer.

They're all big spenders and fond of the dollies so a few ladies won't be getting any loot, nor will the establishments they frequent. While it is but a drop in the ocean when you add this to the bigger picture if many other potential arrivals all decide to pass on stopping inThailand it's not going to help anyone.

This law is archaic/pointless in tourist resorts, apart giving the BiB a chance to flex their muscles in public and does no one any favours, especially givenThailand's fragile global image at this moment.

Those of you who think things like this won't affect Thai Tourism need to wake up fast...I'm sure the 10,000 GBP they'd have been pumping into the local economy over the next fortnight will be sorely missed at least by some. Multiply that by several times (as I'm sure they're not alone) and we're looking at some serious brass.

The well heeled can still get a drink. Resorts don't stop selling alcohol and neither do restaurants.

Get a grip guy. It's only bars.

• Like 2

The well heeled can still get a drink. Resorts don't stop selling alcohol and neither do restaurants.

Get a grip guy. It's only bars.

Walked to my local bar (1k) last night looked walked back still 1k but seemed longer.

Badly let down when opened fridge nay beer.

Lawyers on Monday.

It's bloody serious that's what it is.

On the brighter side, the alcohol ban yesterday was in conjunction with the Miss Tiffany contest at Saphan Hin.

It's sometimes hard enough to see the difference, but at least it's easier when the brain is not filled with ethanol.

There were no hockey sticks seen at the event.

2014-01-25_20-44-14.jpg

Will you be wearing your Jock Frock? cheesy.gif

On the brighter side, the alcohol ban yesterday was in conjunction with the Miss Tiffany contest at Saphan Hin.

It's sometimes hard enough to see the difference, but at least it's easier when the brain is not filled with ethanol.

There were no hockey sticks seen at the event.

2014-01-25_20-44-14.jpg

they remind me of the Martians in Mars Attacks

• Like 1