No beer tonight and tomorrow?

tolsti

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Late notification to bars by police is nothing new, so it wouldn't surprise me. I'll simply go an hour early just in case - home by 6 instead of my usual 7. No problem (but yes, of course, there are always plenty of other options for those who like a tipple later in the evening...).

Update: There's a bit in the Phuket Gazette feeds about it - this weekend 6 pm tonight to midnight tomorrow and also next weekend.

Edited by Ping

The past couple of general elections have had pre-voting the weekend before and the bars were closed over both weekends in Phuket.

I have heard nothing about early voting this time (it's usually mentioned somewhere in the press).

I don't even think there are any candidates registered in the southern part of the island so it'll be interesting to see if they enforce the no booze law next weekend. (TIT so I expect they will!)

According to the missus tomorrow is the day for people who are not living in there home province

to vote in the province they are living in, on the general election, hence the booze ban, but my missus

was going to vote as she is from the north but she has been told that the yellow shirts have closed all

the polling stations in Phuket, and she is anti-Taksin, talk about shooting themselves in the foot.

You have got to love this country. cheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gifclap2.gifclap2.gifclap2.gif

• Like 2

It's Australia Day tomorrow.

Could be some upset ozzies around.

Not the smart ones, we booked for brunch already! Hotels will be fine......

Thinking more about the tourists. They won't know what's going on.

Some will be very pissed off if they find all the bars closed.

Edited by Old Croc