Thinkpad T-61 with 7250 CPU and 4 GB RAM, Win 7

onlycw

Am getting an annoying blue screen with the message page fault in nonpaged area.

At other times, there appears to be an added visual layer of black dots, allowing one to see the website underneath. The see-through layer starts moving and often turns into colourful displays of thousands of tiny dots.

Then the HDD light won't go on any more.

Q1: Does this sound like a software issue (a virus?)

At times, the notebook won't boot at all. The HDD light stays dark.

Q2: could this be a HDD issue?

Thanks for your thoughts!

Thank you so much, Jake!!

did it work? good. now take a hoover and clean your notebook. fan, air ducts, so on. if you're a smoker, take glass cleaner - spray it on a towel/hanky and wipe your computer. use an old toothbrush to clean your keyboard.

The T60/61 is way more cheap in the US , so if you need a new one don't buy it here.

Greetings

Jake

Edited by JakeBKK

did it work? good. now take a hoover and clean your notebook. fan, air ducts, so on. if you're a smoker, take glass cleaner - spray it on a towel/hanky and wipe your computer. use an old toothbrush to clean your keyboard.

The T60/61 is way more cheap in the US , so if you need a new one don't buy it here.

Greetings

Jake

Couldn't try it yet - I will ask someone at work to swap the RAM. (New Crucial RAM, bought in the USA - have had issues with another notebook taking the same RAM. DDR2-5300 with 200 pins)

Thanks again for pointing this out to me, Jake!

Chris

For almost all problems you will come across, I suggest that you sign up for - Terry's Computer Tips - it is a free weekly newsletter and you can also email him with your questions. He is VERY knowledgeable and usually rsponds very quickly, either direct or sometimes in the newsletter itself. go to the following to sign up and ask your questions. www.terryscomputertips.com

Your problem is that you need a new mainboard now (or anybody to repair your Nvidia Graphics chip whom you won't find easy here in LoS), the same thing happened to my T61P.

New main board? You are way off! Don't scare the OP.thumbsup.gif Besides, in pattaya or bangkok it is actually easy to get this done.

Edited by JakeBKK

Greetings

Jake

Couldn't try it yet - I will ask someone at work to swap the RAM. (New Crucial RAM, bought in the USA - have had issues with another notebook taking the same RAM. DDR2-5300 with 200 pins)

Thanks again for pointing this out to me, Jake!

Chris

Hey chris,

don't swap the memory - clean the gold plated contacts as stated above first. this fixes the issue quite often. If this did not help, try to boot up with one memory module first. Working? then try the other one in it's place.