NSPTR Leader Killed During Election Blockade Rally

Lite Beer

• Replies 799
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

All the red lovers in T.V. will now be happy - of course it was Suthep's own people who did it - just ask a red and bear in mind they never lie

I don't think people are happy when another human being is executed cowardly.

I condemn any sort of violence including this one. However I would like to add that it wouldn't have happened if the PDRC had accepted democratic values. The leader of the lawless organization should be held accountable as he has been leading these people into dangerous situation.

I just saw the video on t.v. 6-7 male redshirts attacked a lady in back of a pickup. Of course police showed,when all over.When did human garbage got a value?

Time to pack up,and leave land of shame.

Sent from my GT-P5110 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Here is a photo from Twitter, taken apparently minutes before the protest leader was shot:

Be5N7L7CYAAT2nA.jpg

The report said he was shot on a truck with speakers, so that is probably the truck they are referring to.

Doesn't seem to be the same truck as the one visible in the video posted a few pages back.

Yes there is. It passes right to left at the bottom of the screen. Only briefly visable.

Around the 00:53 mark on the video when it scans all the way to the right, there is another speaker truck, with a black pickup parked in front of it and a black pickup/minivan trying moving away from it's rear. You still can't really see anything, but looks more likely to be that truck to me.

...and where were the police....

...too obviously absent......

...premeditated it would appear....

The same place they were in the morning when they should have been at polling stations. They were told to stay away from the protesters.

The red-shirt movement is out. And for those that interpret obstruction as violence, the red-shirt movement has a different definition - from the barrel of a gun. Those are the means they wish to apply and those are the means of terror. There is no justification for murder.

Trying to shut down a polling location is certainly "violence"; unless you want to argue that they intended to shut it down by means of persuation via sweet reason* . As for there being no justification for murder, that is certainly true, just as there is no excuse for 18 coups, uncounted judicial coups, and voter intimidation.

*(let me respond in advance should you be depressingly predictable enough to respond in the affirmative: "HA HA HA!")

There is a huge difference between 2 men fighting for 2 very different things. In the Ukraine, Klitschko is among the protesters, even at the very front of the fights with police. He is fighting for Democracy, calling for elections. Suthep on the other hand is currently in a safe house according to the latest media reports, hoping his supporters will make a power grab for him and is not afraid of causing a civil war in order to prevent elections. Two men, one a hero, one a coward.

Safe house is another name for up on a stage condemming the murder today? Nope. Did not think so. Hey that red slip is showing. Better tuck it in.

In a country where people get shot at for cutting in front of someone on the highway, stopping people exercising their democratic rights will have repercussions. This undemocratic minority have pushed things to far.

I remember a previous post where you encouraged murder was deleted. Trying again now? Again: some teacher you are.

• Like 1

"Storming" the Pentagon was exactly what they did. Here is the Universal Newsreel which bears that exact title: https://archive.org/details/1967-10-24_Anti-War_Demonstrators_Storm_Pentagon. Take a look, if you're already not on to your next ID, Mr. Suddenly Appearing Driveby Poster.

Certain classes of western protesters know that they can get away with a specified amounts of political violence (for the same reasons as in Thailand, they have the sympathy of key elite groups).

Storming public buildings is on the very edge of that envelope of acceptability, however, and shutting down polling locations in a general election, is way, way, out of line even for the most favored and connected western protest groups.

• Like 2

Nothing really happened ,turn on the tv and watch .Commercials,soaps,football.......nothing serious is happening in Thailand ?

If it was serious i think they would interrupt their programs ?

Not so !

people with a different idea about politics ,demonstrating......most boring ,seen it hundreds of times.

People discussing it on thai visa .......also have different views .....so what is the point ?

Farangs have no interest in all of this ,it doesn't concern us.

If the thais are not even concerned ,why should a farang be ?

The man with the most money wins .....as all over the world ,nothing new !

People are cheap,and mostly not smart.....that's why politicians can play with them all they want ,give them

500 bht and they will vote for you ,this is called democracy ! 5555

So please ,tell me where i can watch a good movie on 1 of the 100 BTV channels ?

No?please,i will vote to you !

Normally, Farang would have no interest in this, I agree. That was, until "racist" Thaksin came along and started blaming farang for all kinds of things. Then his Governments continued to change the goal post, when it comes to visiting or living in the Kingdom of Thailand. Thaksin is racist and since "Thaksin speaks and Phuea Thai does", I do have "interest", in seeing the Thaksin regime gone. I have lived here for 13 years and have invested a lot of time and money, in this Country. I have no plans on leaving, but on the other hand, I have no plans of putting up with the comments of some racist bastard, either.

I consider myself to be a Thai Nationalist, just like I considered myself to be a Canadian Nationalist before then and a German Nationalist, until I became a Canadian.

I love this Country and hate to see all the current corruption. (yes, there was corruption before Phuea Thai, but I have never seen is as bad, as in the past few years)

. I wish, they could sort it out peacefully. I hate to see people die on either side, as they are just pawns, in the Chess game of the elites on both sides. wai2.gif

ENOUGH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

First i think it is pretty safe to say that most of us on here are not Thai nor are we allowed to vote.

Second i think it is also fair to say that we all knew that this day would come only an idiot or tourist would think it would not.

People have died. Thai's on both sides are going to up the rhetoric. Which will solve absolutely nothing.

My first question is where is Yingluck? No offence to those that support her but let's face it as a leader she is seeming about as useful as her brother at this point.

The EC stated that this was an issue, the world knew that this was an issue, it has been stated that this group was going from polling station to polling station. OK where were the police? The problem here is that there is no real police presence that takes control and is respected. If the police had of been at the polling station then this would not have happened. Who is in charge of the police, Yingluck and Chalerm.

There is only one way out of this mess.

let me ask the Brits do you think the Queen would do if it got this bad?

To the yanks and you have the most experience with this. What happened during the Race and anti Vietnam riots.

Bring in the military as a caretaker government set up a reform group of non political people.

I am not too sure that the government has much control of police. In Thailand you never know who serves who. When neither side accepts the law, I don't know what to expect. Who is in charge in Thailand? Never the Prime minister for sure.

Edited by garrya
  • Like 2

About time the good old boys came out and got em off the streets.

That is a vile thing to post.

How about this?

This topic has properly cheered me up today...I can't get the grin off my face! biggrin.png

It takes a particularly effed up mind to say something like that.

• Like 1

Once again we see the true colours of the reds, they are the violent thugs and will kill anyone who op[poses them, even peacefull protesters. This is directly on yingluck and she is now responsible for this death. Comeon all you red lovers, start bragging how great you are now .

Please let me remind you once again. It was not Yingluck that started this problem, but his excellency the mouth from the south. So this death has to be directly his responsibility. If he had not started this problem, that man would still be alive and waiting for the next election whilst the Elected government would be getting on with running the country as they were popularly elected by a large majority to do.

Brilliant, so everything was hunky dory until Suthep appeared. The country was thriving-NO corruption was. The PM on TV said she would fight it. NO she did nothing. Near bankrupt the country, even running foul of the law. The people were neglected, and infrastructure suffered. The police were not brought into line and given a free hand.

Blame Suthep up to you but if your honest things were lousy here well before he appeared. Be in denial -your conscience .

Obviously you do not know, but Suthep was the deputy PM in the Dem govt under Abisit although i often wondered just who was the boss as every time i saw a pic of them, Abisit was all "pie faced" whilst Suthep was busily whispering into his ear telling him what to say ! During that time Suthep was just about the most corrupt man in Thailand. He gave land set aside on Phuket for poor farmers, to rich Thai family friends, he would have been taken to court over that, but he resigned to avoid charges, then his family took government land on Samui and added it to their properties on the island. He was also involved in the Palm Oil Affair, another of his corrupt dealings as his family are large Palm Oil owners in Surat. He likes to say that he is a simple village headman, but he is in fact a multi millionaire.. And this is the man who was very high up in a party who never won an election in 20 years, the very man who says that he will stop corruption in Thailand, firstly by taking away the right of the poorer people to have a vote and appointing a committee, probably not containing him, but you can rest assured that he would be the "Top Man" telling them what they could or could not do.

Yes, things were very lousy before Yingluck won an overwhelming victory...............Be in Denial and pray for your "Dear Leader"

• Like 2

When you prevent millions of people from exercising their voting rights you are bound to make a few bad ones angry. Killing someone is always wrong but he knew the risks of his actions and paid the price.

Killing those who share different opinions is the mantra of the red shirt brigade.

Furthermore where were that pathetic boys in brown uniform whose task it was to keep these factions apart....... tea break no doubt.

You postulate the danger of preventing "millions" from exorcizing their voting rights, however, you fail to mention that there is just as much chance of getting shot from road rage in this infantile and most violent culture.which is sustained only by the lack of the enforcement by both the police and the judiciary.It is what it is and if you polish a horse turd it is still a horse turd..

It was guarenteed that the deteriation to violence woud be by the hand of the Thaksin lackeys.

Reds, showing their true color.

In a country where people get shot at for cutting in front of someone on the highway, stopping people exercising their democratic rights will have repercussions. This undemocratic minority have pushed things to far.

I remember a previous post where you encouraged murder was deleted. Trying again now? Again: some teacher you are.

He has a history of supporting Red Shirt thuggery and Thaksin corruption. One can only imagine what type of teacher he is.

• Like 1

There's nothing more retarded than watching foreigners take sides and argue about Thai politics onThaivisa.

I don't understand those who give their opinions from abroad, without witnessing what is happening at the streets of BKK with their own eyes (unless they have financial interests in ShinCorp). But many of us have our relatives, friends, and coworkers protesting out there for the last 3 months. It is a serious concern for us, not a "retarded" thing.

Edited by MGP
  • Like 1