NSPTR Leader Killed During Election Blockade Rally

Lite Beer

Once again we see the true colours of the reds, they are the violent thugs and will kill anyone who op[poses them, even peacefull protesters. This is directly on yingluck and she is now responsible for this death. Comeon all you red lovers, start bragging how great you are now .

Please let me remind you once again. It was not Yingluck that started this problem, but his excellency the mouth from the south. So this death has to be directly his responsibility. If he had not started this problem, that man would still be alive and waiting for the next election whilst the Elected government would be getting on with running the country as they were popularly elected by a large majority to do.

A disgusting post by oldsailor35 condoning the use of violence, as a means to an end, with total disrespect to the victim and his family. SHAME ON YOU !

Edited by MK1
  • Like 1

• Replies 799
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There is a huge difference between 2 men fighting for 2 very different things. In the Ukraine, Klitschko is among the protesters, even at the very front of the fights with police. He is fighting for Democracy, calling for elections. Suthep on the other hand is currently in a safe house according to the latest media reports, hoping his supporters will make a power grab for him and is not afraid of causing a civil war in order to prevent elections. Two men, one a hero, one a coward.

So in the Ukraine it is right to fight an democratic elected government.

In Thailand it is wrong to fight an not so democratic elected government.

How is it not so democratic, they won the election, in fact have won all for the last 20 years.

Preventing people voting is of course very democratic.

I don't condone the violence, but this was started by Suthep, nobody else.

To the yanks and you have the most experience with this. What happened during the Race and anti Vietnam riots.

Bring in the military as a caretaker government set up a reform group of non political people.

I am not a yank, but I´m pretty sure that they didn´t bring in the US Army as caretaker government in the 60ies...

Whilst perhaps not presented in the most eloquent way, Jackrich has a valid point.

Demonstrations and counter demonstrations have according to recent Thai history attracted violence from all sides, including shootings, beatings and of course murders and assassinations

It is therefore obvious to most to assume that this sort of behavior will continue. Therefore if you don't want to put your life in danger, don't get involved in demonstrations or counter demonstrations.

No one can say they are unaware of the risks.

When you prevent millions of people from exercising their voting rights you are bound to make a few bad ones angry. Killing someone is always wrong but he knew the risks of his actions and paid the price.

That statement is BS if the highest order ... dry.png

How dare you make a statement that it OK that a protest leader should be shot dead ... because 'he knew the risks'.

If the protest or action was illegal ... then the Police and not an assassin should address the situation.

Red card for you sunshine ... 1zgarz5.gif

I want to thank all those red shirt or PTP supporters for displaying their crass attitude to another death. It's his own fault, Suthep's fault, anybody's fault other than the killer's.

The two recent shootings of the Udon red-shirt leader and the protest leader in Ratchaburi are unlikely to have any connection with this incident. Both of the above were more likely local disagreements.

This killing looks like it is from one of the red mobs that roam around Samut Prakan (& Pathum Thani) looking for any single or group of opponents they can intimidate or worse. They have a record of precisely this. No police to be seen as usual. The video of the person in the back of the pickup being beaten by the mob is also sickening.

It is another escalation of the violence that has mainly been directed at the protestors. So, what's next?

Will this drive the protestors to arm themselves? I hope not but they would have some justification for doing so. It's just getting more out of hand each day and with the useless BIB now being led by the likes of Chalerm & Surapong, it is a tinder box waiting to fully ignite. Sad days for Thailand which only one organisation can prevent it getting worse.

• Like 1

What about the people who're trying to vote with bullets flying?

Many Dem's supporters want to vote "no vote" which is completely legal, but based on Chalerm's threats of ex-judicial killings and today's cowardly assassination, they are afraid of Chalerm. They are afraid to vote!

Seriously, PM Yingluck, is this what you had in mind for Thailand's 2014 election?

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect Thailand

So those dems should complain to protesters for blocking polling stations.

Dems might be devided on their tactict, but the majority of them do support protesters

Once again we see the true colours of the reds, they are the violent thugs and will kill anyone who op[poses them, even peacefull protesters. This is directly on yingluck and she is now responsible for this death. Comeon all you red lovers, start bragging how great you are now .

Please let me remind you once again. It was not Yingluck that started this problem, but his excellency the mouth from the south. So this death has to be directly his responsibility. If he had not started this problem, that man would still be alive and waiting for the next election whilst the Elected government would be getting on with running the country as they were popularly elected by a large majority to do.

Excellent post, every single word is true.

• Like 1

It's going to get worse obviously. Tit for tat is how Thailand works and events have gradually escalated. The Election Day is the deadline and between now and then, I can only see more violent and more frequent clashes.

My betting is that the red shirts will have their way in terms of being able to vote. Sutheps phantom millions will be spread far to thinly given that the actual activists only number in the thousands. And wherever they do gather in numbers, the red shirts more violent nature will prevail, the Southern provinces excepted of course.

Condolences to the man's family, but if you knowingly and willingly engage in illegal and undemocratic practices, you're going to make enemies, and should expect illegal and undemocratic repercussions.

the right to protest is illegal? He wasn't blocking anything and if he was isn't that what the police are for?

You're justifying this murder? How about the men beating on the woman in the back of the truck shouting

paw leaow!? bah.gif

I never said the right to protest was illegal, so stop adding things to my post that aren't there. But forcing polling stations to close through fear and intimidation IS illegal, just as is preventing people who are trying to vote from doing so. And in no way did I justify murder.

Try reading and COMPREHENDING what you read, instead of making up your own "conclusions.

• Like 1

Leave em to it i say, they keep saying it's none of our, (Foreigners) business. Break out the big guns. They don't deserve freedom in this country. Even the educated aren't smart enough, or mature enough to use freedom properly. If any of the current lot really cared about reform, the rhetoric would be all about how their going to lift the poor out of poverty, or how they're going to improve general conditions is poorer areas of the country. There's none of that, all you can hear is Taksin this and Taksin that. Give us power and we'll reform the political system. Load of BS.

Backward nation full of backward people.

• Like 2

There's nothing more retarded than watching foreigners take sides and argue about Thai politics onThaivisa.

I don't understand those who give their opinions from abroad, without witnessing what is happening at the streets of BKK with their own eyes (unless they have financial interests in ShinCorp). But many of us have our relatives, friends, and coworkers protesting out there for the last 3 months. It is a serious concern for us, not a "retarded" thing.

Agreed, but remember Red Shirt Sympathisers do not want any dissent against their Dear Leader.

Sadly, this is boiling up to be rather messy, I hope common sense will prevail, but with tools like Chalerm, Surapong issuing threats then nothing will improve. Will assume that The Desert Coward is probably gone shopping, and Yingluck is trying work out which shoe to put on which foot.

• Like 1

Finally, now Suthep will see the damage he has done to his country in his effort to gain leadership other than the ballot box. Shame on this terrible excuse of a man.

Suthep don't want to get leadership.....he want democracy

What about Sutheps protesters stopping people from earning their livelihood? Is that democracy?

• Like 1

If the bloody police, army and this coward caretaker governement cannot do anything to protect the rights of ordinary citizens from these terrorists thugs whi are holding Bangkok hostage ie seizing roads, offices , disrupting the lives of normal people and now threatening voters from taking part in democratic elections, then there is no choice but for the ordinary citizens to take justice intio their own hands and eliminate/eredicate all these thugs holding Bangkok and Democracy at hostage.]

These citizens should not be judged or accussed of any criminal actions since the hopeless police and army cannot do a thing.

Yes, of course, how stupid of me. Killing people that's the answer. Praise The Lord, its all so clear to me now. Edited by Bluespunk

There's nothing more retarded than watching foreigners take sides and argue about Thai politics onThaivisa.

I don't understand those who give their opinions from abroad, without witnessing what is happening at the streets of BKK with their own eyes (unless they have financial interests in ShinCorp). But many of us have our relatives, friends, and coworkers protesting out there for the last 3 months. It is a serious concern for us, not a "retarded" thing.

Oh yes it is, it is extremely retarded. I'm sorry you don't see it.

How about this for a vile post.

We leave Suthep to run the Country. We let him go around beating people up at will.

Policy is changed day to day to suit him and the 400 good men are shot dead the minute their good ideas differ from his.

Line in the sand today indeed. The pushed too hard and got what many thought they would have got months ago.

IF the Army were not helping out by proteciing them from arrest, none of this would have happend. It is a free country and there is a Governement. If a mob want to overthrow legit Gov. they should be aware they will not be popular.

I saw the video and there were not many of them. What happend was they grew more arrogant as the protest went on. They know uncle traitor Suthep would not let the Courts prosecute so they were emboldened.

Then. They found there are people in Bangkok angry enough at them to kill them. Isn't the first murder in Bangkok and we see them for much less things than insurection.

Then needed stopping... and in Bang na... they were stopped.

• Like 2

A crowd of Red-Shirts, the street-army of the PTP, have just assassinated one of their political-opponents, in broad daylight on the streets of Bangkok, just a week before their caretaker-government is due to hold an election.

Anyone who thinks a free-and-fair election will now be possible, as soon as next Sunday, needs to think again.

Fortunately caretaker-PM Yingluck is due to meet the EC on Tuesday, at this point the only topic can be, how long to delay the election by, if it is held at all.

Certainly the Red-Shirts have now given the military all the excuse needed, if they want to hold a coup, and Thaksin must be spitting saliva as he Skypes his dismay, from afar.

Edited by Ricardo
  • Like 2

No, I think there is nothing more retarded than having a back seat commentator making light of the situation in order to appear intelligent is it?

Back on topic, should not be hard to find the person responsible for the murder. But will we see this, will it happen? Any updates on the grenade thrower from a week ago?

Topic should be changed to ....Leader Murdered During Election Blockade. He wasn't exactly killed by accident...

Finally, now Suthep will see the damage he has done to his country in his effort to gain leadership other than the ballot box. Shame on this terrible excuse of a man.

Yes let's hope so.

Let's also hope Thaksin and the 'It's not all about Thaksin PTP realise the damage they've done to the country by their policies and obsession with amnesties.

I so agree with you! If Suthep and Thaksin would care a little about people and this country would have stop this nonsense of wall against wall and would have left some people with common sense bring on the reforms...

Pity that it is sci-fi more than Star Trek and Star Wars together :(

• Like 1

The Peoples Army to Overthrow the Thaksin Regime.

Fascist from start to finish and Even Suthep had to reighn them in a time or two.

No sympathy, they really had this coming and had just closes a polling station and were on the way to yet another one when they were stopped.

Say what you want. These minority violent gangs hijacking democracy have to be stopped. As in other country's you try gently gently... Which they did...

The badly overlooked just how little support they have outside their camps. They are not popular and they have no support at all from Governemts and Media around the world.

We looked on horrifed today and the stream of pictures coming in of voters been harrassed, beaten, strangled and abused. Somebody finally had enough of the crap and stopped the anarchy in Bang Na. Will there be no end to how much damage the Army will allow this group to do to the country we thought. Can a thousand mobsters really stop an election. Well, the answer was no.

Many great pics of people getting to vote and even forcing the Cowardly EC to re-open some stations once the mob had gone.

Many don't like it, but it stopped them in their tracks and allowed the other stations in the area to freely go about their business and allowed people to vote without having to face the vile threats and indimidations of the mob.

How naive.

Do you really think by the cold blooded murder of a protest leader is going to make things better? Thanks to the idiot Shinawatras, they've just given the protestors the moral high ground. If the protestors go out next with guns, they can simply say they're carrying to defend themselves from the violent government. Chalerm threatening them with extra judicial killings helps them even more.

Thank you Shinawatras making matters worse. You have possibly turned a relatively peaceful protest to a potentially violent one. I guess the Shinawatras want a coup after all.

Oh yes it is, it is extremely retarded. I'm sorry you don't see it.

Quit the bleating.

Many of us have family, children and friends and live here. We see the looks on their faces at every coup and act of repression heaped on them by the Army and Courts. Forget the Dems.. they are the puppets.

We are entitled to our view of this, and we see it as a fascist mob. You see it your way we see it ours.

If your GF don't like it, hard luck. She could always opt to accept democracy and fight for it within the systen, but that requires intelegence and thought. Sure she has any of that or she just like selfies and whistles and live music.

When you prevent millions of people from exercising their voting rights you are bound to make a few bad ones angry. Killing someone is always wrong but he knew the risks of his actions and paid the price.

He was speaking on stage. He was depriving anyone of anything.

Not that you give a rats, being the authoritarian goonsquad cheerleader and apologist for mass murder that you are.

Edited by Crushdepth

Condolences to the man's family, but if you knowingly and willingly engage in illegal and undemocratic practices, you're going to make enemies, and should expect illegal and undemocratic repercussions.

the right to protest is illegal? He wasn't blocking anything and if he was isn't that what the police are for?

You're justifying this murder? How about the men beating on the woman in the back of the truck shouting

paw leaow!? bah.gif

I never said the right to protest was illegal, so stop adding things to my post that aren't there. But forcing polling stations to close through fear and intimidation IS illegal, just as is preventing people who are trying to vote from doing so. And in no way did I justify murder.

Try reading and COMPREHENDING what you read, instead of making up your own "conclusions.

But taking the law into your own hands is illegal as that's the job of the police. Having said that I don't see any police so maybe that's part of the reason.

I've only just seen this video and don't understand Thai but as has been said were those in the pickup actually stopping anything or just attacked because of who they were?

It seems the police were in the temple but didn't come out to help. Is that because they are unarmed?

Edited by kimamey

Killing someone is always wrong but are we surprised it happens when this is what happens when wanting to vote?

M4np0Ab.jpg

is that a red shirt guy?

No, it's a blue shirt guy on his way to vote. Peaceful protesters object.

Is there a news story that goes with this picture?

Why is it when there are reds involved there is blood and violence. Sad day for thailand.

and of course there is no blood and violence involved with Suthep.

And Shinawatra family governments would never dream of having 2,500 people summarily executed without trial for a ridiculous, populist, failed policy such as the "war on drugs".