NSPTR Leader Killed During Election Blockade Rally

Lite Beer

When you prevent millions of people from exercising their voting rights you are bound to make a few bad ones angry. Killing someone is always wrong but he knew the risks of his actions and paid the price.

Bullshit! Murder is murder anywhere.. What happened to the freedom to object.? I hope it doesn't get worse.

You conveniently removed the part of my post where I said murder is wrong. Why did you do that? Why troll?

• Like 2

• Replies 799
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There come those times when you've got to put up and defend yourself with your fists, a knife, a baseball bat or a gun, whatever.

No one has advocated violence, except Suthep, until now and the people behind and alongside Suthep have had a long run of fighting and being fought with words, but there comes a day when it's time to lay it on the people who are prepared to run right over you.

Today was the day, elections and voting, and some men drew the line in the sand and the election blockers got a taste of frontier justice. Richly deserved imho.

And yes, you prevent me from exercising my right to vote in a democratic election, especially one that the opposition has done so much to frustrate in every underhanded, imaginable way and you'll find me well hard and going after the culprits to make sure they know unequivocally where the line is.

Since when has Suthep advocated violence? Except for a few bouts of violence, this 3 month protest has been relatively peaceful. It is the protestors that have been shot at and bombed.

A little person has actually talked about 'defending with your fists, a knife, a baseball bat or a gun, whatever.' Well newsflash, after today's assasination, you can bet the protestors will be defending themselves. Whatever violence that happens next, the Shinawatras are to blame because they are the ones who just martyred one of the protest leaders and gave the protestors the moral high ground,

• Like 1

Killing someone is always wrong but are we surprised it happens when this is what happens when wanting to vote?

M4np0Ab.jpg

is that a red shirt guy?

Your not too smart are you

He is wearing a blue shirt and wanting to vote

But the protesters knew he was a red wolf in blue sheep skin.

Maybe they can small him from 2 blocks away, that is why all fingers are pointing.

Maybe they thought he was the son of Thaksin, sure look alike.

If the bloody police, army and this coward caretaker governement cannot do anything to protect the rights of ordinary citizens from these terrorists thugs whi are holding Bangkok hostage ie seizing roads, offices , disrupting the lives of normal people and now threatenning voters from taking part in democratic elections, then there is no choice but for the ordinary citizens to take justice intio their own hands and eliminate/eredicate all these thugs holding Bangkok and Democracy at hostage.]

These citizens should not be judged or accussed of any criminal actions since the hopeless police and army cannot do a thing.

• Like 1

Once again we see the true colours of the reds, they are the violent thugs and will kill anyone who op[poses them, even peacefull protesters. This is directly on yingluck and she is now responsible for this death. Comeon all you red lovers, start bragging how great you are now .

Not on Yingluck at all rather the person who killed and maimed 9 other people. A side point, if the people were allowed to vote as is their constitutional right this would not have happened. One person you may possibly hold responsible is Stupid Suthep for asking his mindless sheep from blocking the rights of the people. And where is Suthep now? He ain't on no stage now. Idiot for inciting the people, kidnap threats, invasion of public property and intimidation of the average Thai. Needs to be locked up forever, as he is the architect behind this event. Respect MY RIGHT TO VOTE! No matter how corrupt the shins are, I have this right and who are all of you to say I don't. This is Thailand, we know the Consequences of our actions more then you Kontoncharts! Written by my wife people, a view from the inside... Condolences to the deceased and family. That last statement is mine.

Sent from my i-mobile i-STYLE 8.2 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

What are Kontoncharts? Please refrain from writing gibberish.

people from overseas. And please refrain from calling my wife's statement as gibberish and get with the program " newbie to los".

Sent from my i-mobile i-STYLE 8.2 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

This just show how violence the Red shirt can be.

The Yellow shirt has the right to protest, and they did it without arms.

Like the airport SD, yellow shirt never told the EC to go home. EC decided to go home themselves.

The obstruction of the voting process by PDRC supporters gave the excuse for the EC to cancel.

Likewise the invasion of the airport created security issues which forced the closure but as you have stated.....Old argument. Boring

Whats the point?

People supporting Suthep will say "look at these red thugs!!!"

People supporting PTP will say "thats what happens when you block people from exercising their right to vote"

All have their greivance and their arguments. But no one should die because of this. I hope the people who committed this act are caught and prosecuted.

The sad fact is that everyone knew this was coming. Everyone knew this wasnt going to be peacefully resolved as we edged closer to the election. Intransigence and playing political games with peoples lives brought this about. But people keep upping the rhetoric. Now we have the man in charge of the police response threatening extra judicial killings to the man who implicitly threatened the family of the prime minister. Its like a playground, but all the kids have weapons. And of course, now the protestors cant disperse of because they have to show to the world the lengths their opposition will go to stop them from protesting. Whilst their opposition cant leave because they have to show to the world they wont be intimidated by a mob preventing them from exercising their democratic right. The only sane thing left is to hope that as few people die as possible and that the army stays locked up in its barracks while order is returned and the polling stations are opened (and protected). All points from all sides have been made exactly as they wanted. Selective and self serving evidence and photos and incidents will mean the media war can be played out by both sides. And that means only more of the same alas.

I'd like to see the same scenario happening in the United States. Protesters blocking the Capitol, storming the White House, threatening to arrest Obama and his Cabinet, cutting electricity and water to the DC Police and the US Army, preventing people from participating in the election, etc.

How would the US government have dealt with this? I don't think there would be a protester left standing at this point.

I think the current Thai government has been very fair with the protesters.

Well, genius, wonder no more. The 1967 march on Washington and march on the Pentagon, where the army and police faced down the protesters unarmed and unloaded by orders of the Secretary of Defense.

• Like 1

Once again we see the true colours of the reds, they are the violent thugs and will kill anyone who op[poses them, even peacefull protesters. This is directly on yingluck and she is now responsible for this death. Comeon all you red lovers, start bragging how great you are now .

Please let me remind you once again. It was not Yingluck that started this problem, but his excellency the mouth from the south. So this death has to be directly his responsibility. If he had not started this problem, that man would still be alive and waiting for the next election whilst the Elected government would be getting on with running the country as they were popularly elected by a large majority to do.

Did you spell ruining wrong on purpose or did you really mean 'running' :)

• Like 1

Whats the point?

People supporting PTP will say "thats what happens when you block people from exercising their right to vote"

All have their greivance and their arguments. But no one should die because of this. I hope the people who committed this act are caught and prosecuted.

The sad fact is that everyone knew this was coming. Everyone knew this wasnt going to be peacefully resolved as we edged closer to the election. Intransigence and playing political games with peoples lives brought this about. But people keep upping the rhetoric. Now we have the man in charge of the police response threatening extra judicial killings to the man who implicitly threatened the family of the prime minister. Its like a playground, but all the kids have weapons. And of course, now the protestors cant disperse of because they have to show to the world the lengths their opposition will go to stop them from protesting. Whilst their opposition cant leave because they have to show to the world they wont be intimidated by a mob preventing them from exercising their democratic right. The only sane thing left is to hope that as few people die as possible and that the army stays locked up in its barracks while order is returned and the polling stations are opened (and protected). All points from all sides have been made exactly as they wanted. Selective and self serving evidence and photos and incidents will mean the media war can be played out by both sides. And that means only more of the same alas.

I'd like to see the same scenario happening in the United States. Protesters blocking the Capitol, storming the White House, threatening to arrest Obama and his Cabinet, cutting electricity and water to the DC Police and the US Army, preventing people from participating in the election, etc.

How would the US government have dealt with this? I don't think there would be a protester left standing at this point.

Absolutely agree that you wouldn't be able to block roads, invade government offices, etc. in the USA.

Politics stinks in this country. The police force stinks. The level of corruption stinks.

The country is rapidly going down the toilet and all sides are to blame ... as are the population at large.

Same in Australia and the police definitely wouldn't be waiting for orders from the Government or warrants from the courts to arrest the leaders.

People on both side are crazy. This will not be the end only the beginning. Death means nothing to these people.

"Death means nothing to these people."

This is the same thing people said about the Japanese during WWII.

The same thing people said about the Vietnamese during that war.

Sooner or later folks should realize such a statement is narrow-minded and

xenophobic. For many years this idea has been used by Westerners in an

attempt to stereotype Asians and other non-Caucasians as sub-human.

In recent years the U.S. has had numerous cold-blooded shootings in schools,

theaters, etc. Do you say about Americans that death means nothing to them?

Simple truism -- People are all human period.

• Like 1

There come those times when you've got to put up and defend yourself with your fists, a knife, a baseball bat or a gun, whatever.

No one has advocated violence, except Suthep, until now and the people behind and alongside Suthep have had a long run of fighting and being fought with words, but there comes a day when it's time to lay it on the people who are prepared to run right over you.

Today was the day, elections and voting, and some men drew the line in the sand and the election blockers got a taste of frontier justice. Richly deserved imho.

And yes, you prevent me from exercising my right to vote in a democratic election, especially one that the opposition has done so much to frustrate in every underhanded, imaginable way and you'll find me well hard and going after the culprits to make sure they know unequivocally where the line is.

Since when has Suthep advocated violence? Except for a few bouts of violence, this 3 month protest has been relatively peaceful. It is the protestors that have been shot at and bombed.

A little person has actually talked about 'defending with your fists, a knife, a baseball bat or a gun, whatever.' Well newsflash, after today's assasination, you can bet the protestors will be defending themselves. Whatever violence that happens next, the Shinawatras are to blame because they are the ones who just martyred one of the protest leaders and gave the protestors the moral high ground,

Except for a few bouts of violence, is that what you call it, even when a cop got killed? What bubble are you living in?

• Like 2

There is a huge difference between 2 men fighting for 2 very different things. In the Ukraine, Klitschko is among the protesters, even at the very front of the fights with police. He is fighting for Democracy, calling for elections. Suthep on the other hand is currently in a safe house according to the latest media reports, hoping his supporters will make a power grab for him and is not afraid of causing a civil war in order to prevent elections. Two men, one a hero, one a coward.

I assume you are refering to the COWARD who lives in Dubai. Thaksin is the real coward. He is as spinless and as two faced as they come.

• Like 1

This just show how violence the Red shirt can be.

The Yellow shirt has the right to protest, and they did it without arms.

Like the airport SD, yellow shirt never told the EC to go home. EC decided to go home themselves.

The obstruction of the voting process by PDRC supporters gave the excuse for the EC to cancel.

Likewise the invasion of the airport created security issues which forced the closure but as you have stated.....Old argument. Boring

"The current Commission is the 3rd set of commission, appointed on 20 September 2006 (immediately after the 2006 Thai coup d'etat) " - Wikipedia

Could indicate why they are not doing all they can don't you think? whistling.gif

• Like 1

Gerry, it would be wise to wait to get the details of what really happened. You have a long history of rushing to judgement, only to be proven wrong. It might be the case that this is a dispute gone very wrong rather than a target. Better to wait for the police to work out what happened. They have been very even-handed throughout this conflict

• Like 2

Please let me remind you once again. It was not Yingluck that started this problem, but his excellency the mouth from the south. So this death has to be directly his responsibility. If he had not started this problem, that man would still be alive and waiting for the next election whilst the Elected government would be getting on with running the country as they were popularly elected by a large majority to do.

I think you ment the spinless one from the NORTH. You know, the troublemaker who lives in Dubai. He, and he alone started all this.

• Like 2

When you prevent millions of people from exercising their voting rights you are bound to make a few bad ones angry. Killing someone is always wrong but he knew the risks of his actions and paid the price.

That statement is BS if the highest order ... dry.png

How dare you make a statement that it OK that a protest leader should be shot dead ... because 'he knew the risks'.

If the protest or action was illegal ... then the Police and not an assassin should address the situation.

Red card for you sunshine ... 1zgarz5.gif

Where did I say that it was OK? Nowhere.

Why are you trolling?

Edited by jackrich
  • Like 1

This is something that can be predicted. If you cause such a disruption you know this may happen. No matter how said. Sunthep could have been shot many times but he's still alive talking nonsense. So make you wonder... I also do not understand that the yellow criminals are allowed to block the election process, were are the watercanons, were is the riot police hitting them and putting them behind bars? The law has lost its total reliability and it is scary to realize you need to depend on those law enforcers. Total anergy,

It never ceases to amaze me how people, without a shred of evidence to back them up, especially posters on here, will immediately blame "the other side" for any violence that occur. Red gets shot at or shot - No Doubt a Yellow did it! Yellow gets shot at or shot - No Doubt a Red did it. Never wait for facts, as why should those get in the way of "Certified Personal Opinions or Beliefs". Red leader shot at and wounded the other day, had to be Yellow/Protesters. Man shot in his car by shotguns, had to be Reds. Man shot and killed today, Absolutely, Positively had to be "Red Thug".

Completely sad that those of us here on TVF, who "pride" ourselves on be "more educated and rational" that the Thai we put down, can be so quick to judge, make opinions and spout them to the world, when they don't really have a clue as to what really happened, or who did what.

• Like 1

He was from the student network, not pcad.

Protesters are the minority in bkk and they will suffer further losses next Sunday, if they try to block polling boots

And that makes it ok that he was shot dead????

Sent from my phone ...

Red Shirts only know one way, and that's violence, intimidation and burning. With Chalerm shooting his mouth of earlier, this is going to unfortunately get ugly.

• Like 1

Condolences to the man's family, but if you knowingly and willingly engage in illegal and undemocratic practices, you're going to make enemies, and should expect illegal and undemocratic repercussions.

That principle could be applied to most politicians too but how would you feel if it had been a member of the government who was killed?

Finally, now Suthep will see the damage he has done to his country in his effort to gain leadership other than the ballot box. Shame on this terrible excuse of a man.

HOW the F is it Suthep's fault that someone in the PT corner shoots adn kills a member of the Anti- Government.

Suthep has held peaceful protest. He has not caused or been in anyway responsible for the shooting or deaths of anyone.

You have to love the knee jerk reaction of the people here.

WHO in the F came up with the idea of stopping people the right to vote ? There is no proof yet that someone in the PT corner did the shooting. It could have been anybody. It was all Benito's idea was'nt it. Anyone of a large group of people could have been pissed off to learn that one meglomanic had decided that they were to loose their right to vote. I certainly would be ! This does not mean that i would become a shooter, however there would be a definate attitude of "get out of my way sonny" The mouth from the south has been trying to create something like this for some time now, hoping to involve the army. However the PT have wanted the opposite hence their giving ole Benito more reign than they should have. If they have made a mistake then that is it ! However i do hope that things are about to stop being in Benito's favour and that he will have to answer to his crimes shortly. Good luck with your "dear leader"

• Like 1

Here is a photo from Twitter, taken apparently minutes before the protest leader was shot:

Be5N7L7CYAAT2nA.jpg

The report said he was shot on a truck with speakers, so that is probably the truck they are referring to.

Doesn't seem to be the same truck as the one visible in the video posted a few pages back.

Spot on. If you had groups of people in the USA, UK or many other "developed" countries illegally stopping people from exercising their right to vote, I'd venture that the repercussions would be severe and perhaps also lead to deaths.

And another thing: the yellow shirts talk only about corruption (and Suthep is just as corrupt) but what they are doing - ie, stopping people from voting - I'd argue is worse that corruption. The yellow shirts deserve everything they get.

• Like 2

Whats the point?

Well, genius, wonder no more. The 1967 march on Washington and march on the Pentagon, where the army and police faced down the protesters unarmed and unloaded by orders of the Secretary of Defense.

Did those protesters storm the Pentagon or the White House? Did they cut off electricity or water? Learn how to read genius.