Pattaya- now a robber's paradise

sundaram444

If you are interested in seeing these LB's in action go down to Beach Rd. from about 23.00 along the Soi Yamato/Soi 13 area. There is a very active group of 4-5 LB's, 2 of them fat, who go after Indians and Russians as a tag-team. You can literally watch them with their hands in the victims pockets.

They are really good at it and also totally avoid residents or expats they know. They pick their prey well. MS>

Sounds interesting...I'll have to check it out. I hope the fatties aren't like hippo-sized...I mean, I like ladyboys with a little meat on the bone but there is a limit.

Solution: Don't wear gold chain on neck smile.png

My friend had a collared T-shirt and the chain was not openly visible. The gang must have searhed and took it off.

He should have left all valuables at the safety vault in the hotel. I have heard stories like this many times in this crazy Pattaya.

For Farangs , Pattaya is a paradise. Not for me. I like to visit small villages , towns and see nature and do not have hide my valuables.

I have read over and over that Pattaya came to be a sin capital because of the Farangs. But the people in Pattaya do not care and

the authorities do not , either.

Sir

Now dont be going down the racists route,not nice

Probably payback for the effin handshaking attempts outside Indian tailors shops, though on second thoughts I doubt they want to shake ladyboys hands...karma though, possibly.

One thing for sure theres a real lack of sympathy coming through, shame that, eh?

The tailors that I have dealt/deal with here... are mostly from Bangladesh

If you don't want to shake their hands....don't make eye contact...but as you

pass by.... politely say "No Thank you"......they will accept that

Like everyone....they are just trying to earn a living.....

Edited by DD13
  • Like 1

typical victim bashing by racist homophobes

I get the racist part, but 'homophobes' ?

OP, I hope you do advise your friends - and they pass the message on - that Pattaya is not your standard 'seaside resort' and should be avoided at all costs. I'd also strongly suggest that they avoid Sydney, Melbourne, KL and Jakarta. Thanks for passing this on.

Of course, if there is a city in India where a white tourist can walk around at night without fear of any form of harassment, I'm all ears.

• Like 2

Thai's in general don't like Indians, as Indians are relatively rude and don't tip well in comparison to Farrangs. Indians are also weedy and a quick slap

usually knocks them to the ground. Easy prey. Indians like and wear 24Ct Gold, same gold that Thai's like.

typical victim bashing by racist homophobes

I get the racist part, but 'homophobes' ?

OP, I hope you do advise your friends - and they pass the message on - that Pattaya is not your standard 'seaside resort' and should be avoided at all costs. I'd also strongly suggest that they avoid Sydney, Melbourne, KL and Jakarta. Thanks for passing this on.

Of course, if there is a city in India where a white tourist can walk around at night without fear of any form of harassment, I'm all ears.

I visited India a few times in the 1800s and saw white tourists everywhere. Business tourists, they were all working for the East India Company.

I wouldnt wear gold anywhere in Asia for the same reason that I wouldnt wear an expensive watch - might as well paint a target on my back.

Careful there...that's perilously close to "blaming the victim" and such an attitude is very politically incorrect when in comes to robbery and rape (at least in the T-V universe).

If you are interested in seeing these LB's in action go down to Beach Rd. from about 23.00 along the Soi Yamato/Soi 13 area. There is a very active group of 4-5 LB's, 2 of them fat, who go after Indians and Russians as a tag-team. You can literally watch them with their hands in the victims pockets.

They are really good at it and also totally avoid residents or expats they know. They pick their prey well. MS>

exactly, several gangs of pickpockets that are there every day , Im suprized the tour groups dont come down and take photos of real pickpockers at work after they have watched the jetski scams

I wish to close this topic. My Indian friends visited me in the small town in Isan and enjoyed the hospitality and relaxed . They have left for India , never to return to Pattaya . But they will come back to other beautiful places in Thailand. I wish to thank all the forum members for their comments and views. Have a good time .