Pattaya- now a robber's paradise

sundaram444

Pattaya , the renowned world capital of sin and sex is also known for day-light robbery.
Four of my Indian friends arrived in Pattaya , yesterday. To-day after touring some places and also on a boat cruise to nearby island ,

they enjoyed the stay until this evening when one of them was robbed by a gang of Gathoys .

These lady boys in groups at the beach side road mobbed these four tourists and literally pushed one of them to the ground

and cut the gold chain on his neck and took off .

All these happened in a couple of minutes. There is no police at this area. These tourists were shocked and did not know what to do except make a complaint to the police at the Walking street.

The friends called me from the police station and my Thai wife talked to the Police officer. She got an answer by the police that they do not patrol the beach area.

Any chance of finding the robbers and getting the chain back?
No . Not in Pattaya - the crazy town.

Tourists will never come to the sin capital of the world.
I am telling my friends not to visit Pattaya. There are so many other beautiful and safe places in Thailand for the tourists to enjoy.
I have asked my friends to report this incident to Tourist Police and also Indian Embassy and the Thai Embassy in India.

Edited by Tywais
Fixed format
  • Like 1

Solution: Don't wear gold chain on neck smile.png

My friend had a collared T-shirt and the chain was not openly visible. The gang must have searhed and took it off.

He should have left all valuables at the safety vault in the hotel. I have heard stories like this many times in this crazy Pattaya.

For Farangs , Pattaya is a paradise. Not for me. I like to visit small villages , towns and see nature and do not have hide my valuables.

I have read over and over that Pattaya came to be a sin capital because of the Farangs. But the people in Pattaya do not care and

the authorities do not , either.

They are not Farangs like you. You do not remember anything because you may be too drunk. Many farangs are after these cheap thrills.

There are some tourists who want to see other good attractions nearby , like my Indian friends.

Edited by Rimmer
Quoted reply of removed post removed

I'll probably get told off for this, but please tell your friends to report this heinous crime to the Indian Embassy, and the Thai Embassy in India, some good might come of it!!!! I'll leave it there!

You say one of them were robbed, but all four were pushed to the ground!! They should have stayed at home looking after the goats…………….far safer than enjoying themselves in a multicultural city! "Mugs" and, "Troll" spring to mind!!!

Pattaya is a busy tourist resort. Take sensible precautions and the chances of being affected by crime are very low.

Yes. Pattaya is a tourist town , but not touristic place and absolutely not a resort. A resort is a place where one spends time peacefully and relax and rest.

You are right that visiting Pattaya one should take utmost precautions for everything.

I would not visit a place like Pattaya. There are so many beautiful and quiet places along the Mekong River.

• Like 2

Pattaya is a busy tourist resort. Take sensible precautions and the chances of being affected by crime are very low.

Yes. Pattaya is a tourist town , but not touristic place and absolutely not a resort. A resort is a place where one spends time peacefully and relax and rest.

You are right that visiting Pattaya one should take utmost precautions for everything.

I would not visit a place like Pattaya. There are so many beautiful and quiet places along the Mekong River.

Why are you commenting on Pattaya then??
Please enlighten me, as I have spent many years around these parts, but I'm never too old to learn.

Innocently walking along, minding your own business then robbed by ladyboys…:):):):) Ha, ha….why is it ALWAYS Indians negotiating with ladyboys on Beach Road?

I never see Russians, Americans or other groups of men slowly walking and eyeing up the cheap lays….disgusting, really.

• Like 2

Why are you guys knocking these people....because they are Indian ???

Yet another crime has been committed here....

I hope that it doesn't happen to you people

By the way ....I am not Indian......just someone who shows some compassion where it is deserved

• Like 1

So why did your four [single male?] friends come to a renowned sin and sex capitol...to visit the temples and take a Thai cooking class? Usually areas where commercial sex is offered are not the safest in any country/city and it is wise not to wear flashy jewelry in such places. Apparently your friends didn't know this so they have learned a valuable lesson for which they should be thankful. This will serve them well should they ever visit such a place again in their native India, which I'm sure, being the upstanding tourists that they are, they would never do.

Edited by OMGImInPattaya

typical victim bashing by racist homophobes

Yes I agree, those gathoys definitely bashed these fellas but I think the motive was robbery not racism, like such bashings so typical in the West.

i meant the racists posting on here not the gathoys DUH!

Yes I agree, those gathoys definitely bashed these fellas but I think the motive was robbery not racism, like such bashings so typical in the West.

Absolutely! Homophobic, racist ladyboy muggers - whatever next!

Edited by brewsterbudgen

Absolutely! Homophobic, racist ladyboy muggers - whatever next!

Don't forget the killer shopping carts lurking about around town waiting to strike down some innocent farang.
  • Like 2

If you are interested in seeing these LB's in action go down to Beach Rd. from about 23.00 along the Soi Yamato/Soi 13 area. There is a very active group of 4-5 LB's, 2 of them fat, who go after Indians and Russians as a tag-team. You can literally watch them with their hands in the victims pockets.

They are really good at it and also totally avoid residents or expats they know. They pick their prey well. MS>

• Like 1